790 - Allergies to milk, any idea?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by chelle_powell, 4 November 2006 Social URL.

1. chelle_powell

chelle_powell We ride, we ride....

Hiya!

I'm currently doing ssing but in this cold feel like my body needs more.
    Anyway, my problem is is that I have allergies to dairy (only found out recently after taking it out of my diet whilst ssing), and the 790 plan says u have to have skimmed milk each day - would soya be ok?
    Does anyone know?

Thanks for advice!

Much love, chelle xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. julesrush

julesrush Norwich CDC

I would have thought it was ok to substitute soya(unsweetened) for skimmed milk , on the calorie front skimmed is 47calories 1/4 pint approx and soya is 38 cals 1/4 carbohydrates soya is lower than skimmed milk it is only the fat part that is different, skimmed is 0.2% fat average but soya is 1.6% average so on a calorie diet i dont see a reason why not, someone will correct me if im wrong lol

julesrush

4. chelle_powell

Thanks jules!
    Muchly appreciated!

Much love, chelle xx

5. Lesleyfx

Lesleyfx Flutytooty

The only question I'd have is does soya milk have the calcium content that cow's milk does? Calcium is important for bone health so make sure you get enough. :)

6. julesrush

julesrush Norwich CDC

If you were doing just a calorie controlled diet then the calcium would be a concern but as you are still having 3 packs of cambridge the recommended daily amounts of calcium is in the packs.

hth

julesrush

7. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    There is many different options of soy milk...I guess you still go with the calories in it...

I must ask one of the CDC's this one.

"Soymilk?* But that's disgusting!"

Love Mini xxx

8. chelle_powell

Hi all,

Thanks soo much for all the replies!
    Would it just be better to cut out the 'milk' from 790 and just have the protein & veg? I've got used to black coffee now, so wouldn't use the milk/soya for anything really anyway!
    Thanks all again!!!!! brrrr, it's getting cold!!!! Winter is here - yay!!!!!

Much love, chelle xx

9. sim94

sim94 Cambridge Diet Counsellor

I put this to Head office some months ago and was told (unsweetened) Soya milk was fine in place of skimmed milk.

Remember if you are having your 3 packs you will be getting all the vitamins/ minerals you need.

If you stll have concerns talk to your CDC.

CDC
    Sim

10. chelle_powell

Thanks sim - really appreciate the info!

Much love, chelle xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.