8 stone or more to lose!!!!!!

OK ladies, despite my struggles (didn't cheat this time :) ) I lost 2lbs in only 5 days :D I am so so so happy!!

Nina, regarding the exercise, I have created my own Shred routine. I kept a lot of the cardio stuff from Level 3 as it incorporates a lot of resistance works as well and it has done wonders for my legs. But I do a lot of the abs from Level 1 because I can actually do the most difficult version and they have the best effect on me. For resistance work, I'm still hesitating. I'm waiting for hubby to buy his handweights, as the ones of guys are heavier: would like to use 5kg handweights like they in the programme. If you want I could describe my routine to you in details? But if you'd rather not, just say so :D

Awww hunny, that's awful!!!!! No wonder you need food!!! Madchickvic too had a horrible time with her mother's health, and just as I told her: you're dealing with horrible things at the moment, so don't feel bad. The diet is only just that, a diet. We only have one mum. Focus on her. I'm not saying eat junk food and stuff but if the diet (SS) is too much to follow, why not go up the plans for a while?

An episode of House: at least your mum has a good sense of humour :D It's always so weird when big professors in hospital find you fascinating and have all their student retinue after them!!! I had surgery somewhere unusual once, and I had student doctors and student nurses swarming around me!!! Most embarrassing.

Please, do let us know how you're doing. And not just diet-wise. And big hug to you. :bighug:

My weekend was fine, finished what I wanted to finish, although I was quite lonely. But now hubby is back sooner than anticipated so I'm a happy bunny :D

Thankyou for your lovely post as always bookworm. Im already on step 4 due to medication i'm on. Not felt as stressed today although i am shattered despite another good night's sleep. Managed to do a bit on the kinext last night and when i get in from work i intend to do some wii fitting. Hope everyone has a lovely evening :)

Thankyou for your lovely post as always bookworm. Im already on step 4 due to medication i'm on. Not felt as stressed today although i am shattered despite another good night's sleep. Managed to do a bit on the kinext last night and when i get in from work i intend to do some wii fitting. Hope everyone has a lovely evening :)

Ah yes I remember your telling me. Ugh, I can be such a scatterbrain sometimes. Well, even if on Step 4, if you feel miserable, don't feel guilty because of the diet. Talk to your cdc, she'll be able to advise you. family always comes first in my book. :) How is the Kinect by the way? I have always wondered how different it is from the Wii...

The more and more I think about it the more I think this diet is not for me. I have learned a lot from it but think I am going to go back to gym and slimming world. One problem I have is that I currently have about 4 weeks worth of stock! Shakes bars and soups I bought a months worth thinking it would spur me on it's done the opposite! What are everyone's thoughts on this? Should CDC buy them back? I can't sell them on eBay I have seen some on gumtree but hmmm not sure any thoughts?

The more and more I think about it the more I think this diet is not for me. I have learned a lot from it but think I am going to go back to gym and slimming world. One problem I have is that I currently have about 4 weeks worth of stock! Shakes bars and soups I bought a months worth thinking it would spur me on it's done the opposite! What are everyone's thoughts on this? Should CDC buy them back? I can't sell them on eBay I have seen some on gumtree but hmmm not sure any thoughts?

Could you maybe use them while going up the plan? Eg, do step 2 (3 products), then step 3 (2 products, I think), etc? Like this you would avoid the big gain after coming off the diet? I will be very sad to see you go :( But you have to do what is best for you. And you have to promise that you'll come back and say hello :D

PS: usually, CDCs buy products back, especially as bars and soups have a long shelf life :)

Thanks Bookworm, I am going to go and see her tonight and see what she says I do think I have made my mind up though! Would still like to stay on this thread as I still have so much to loose and will of course be using the sw section. I think doing this has made next more determined to loose weight but has also made me appreciate other diets more lol who knows I might come back to it but I think for my own sanity I have to stop like now before I spiral into depression lol

Indeed, it's not worth being depressed over! Health first, diet second :) I wish you good luck on your SW venture. I might join myself one, once I'm at my target weight, to control what I eat. Unfortunately, I'm one of these women who put weight on easily (and PCOS doesn't help).

Let us know what you CDC has to say. Just so you know, she might try to pressure you to stay, etc., but for the wrong reasons (£). SO don(t cave in if you're not 100% convinced it's for you xxx

Indeed, it's not worth being depressed over! Health first, diet second :) I wish you good luck on your SW venture. I might join myself one, once I'm at my target weight, to control what I eat. Unfortunately, I'm one of these women who put weight on easily (and PCOS doesn't help).

Let us know what you CDC has to say. Just so you know, she might try to pressure you to stay, etc., but for the wrong reasons (£). SO don(t cave in if you're not 100% convinced it's for you xxx

Hi Bookworm,

Yes this is what I am worried about - I am hoping we can come to some sort of agreement and she takes stuff back as I have so much and it is a week to week plan I think it would be unfair to make me keep all of it. If worse comes to worse I have someone prepared to pay me £100 for it all - so like half price but would rather that than loose all the money. I shall keep you updated.

Just went to get some brekkie at work had a slice of brown bread and an egg and some beans feel like I wont ever need to eat again lol

Ah yes I remember your telling me. Ugh, I can be such a scatterbrain sometimes. Well, even if on Step 4, if you feel miserable, don't feel guilty because of the diet. Talk to your cdc, she'll be able to advise you. family always comes first in my book. :) How is the Kinect by the way? I have always wondered how different it is from the Wii...

Mums been discharged from hospital today with antibiotics and 2wkly blood tests then OPA in 6wks time.
CDC is fab she knows ive struggled, ive not told her about mum but i will tomorrow when she comes for weigh in.
Kinect is amazing, it really does mean it when it says you are the controller, it picks up every little movement you make. For example when the game tells you to jump and you just bounce on feet it tells you off for not jumping or for having hands in wrong place, its very sensitive and well i can wii fit for an hr and i just get warm and 15mins on kinect and im dripping in sweat so its certainly well worth the money as far as im concerned :)

Hi Bookworm,

Yes this is what I am worried about - I am hoping we can come to some sort of agreement and she takes stuff back as I have so much and it is a week to week plan I think it would be unfair to make me keep all of it. If worse comes to worse I have someone prepared to pay me £100 for it all - so like half price but would rather that than loose all the money. I shall keep you updated.

Just went to get some brekkie at work had a slice of brown bread and an egg and some beans feel like I wont ever need to eat again lol

Hey i really wish you every success on SW, like bookworm said health first, this diet is not for everyone you need to go with what works and feels right for you in order to be successful. I would have thought CDC would buy back stuff, depending how long is left on sell by date. Hope your chat went well xx

Just to update! I am no longer on CD starting Slimming World Tuesday, I did however loose 3lbs which is fab! Also my amazing CDC is buying all my stock back off me! Result!

Ninja, so Sorry to read your Mum has not been well, I have read but just had my head up my backside this week! Glad to see she is out of hospital and hopefully on the mend!

haha we must have posted at same time madvchick. So pleased CDC has bought back all stock and YAYYYYYYY for another 3lbs gone forever :)

Thanks for well wishes, mums a fighter but she did give us a scare this time round, have to kp an eye on her lol xx

haha we must have posted at same time madvchick. So pleased CDC has bought back all stock and YAYYYYYYY for another 3lbs gone forever :)

Thanks for well wishes, mums a fighter but she did give us a scare this time round, have to kp an eye on her lol xx

Lol oh yes great minds and all that! Thanks I am really pleased and just goes to show how good my CDC is! I am determind to keep this weight off and I am staying in the xmas challenge although I probably wont reach the 60 lbs goal I am not changing it! who knows whats to come xxx

Nina, I hope your mum makes a full recovery. My father has high blood pressure (but we didn't know at the time) and one day, when I was 17, he just fainted in the living room. The effect it had on me, to see the strongest man in my life as frail as a child on the floor... And there was blood as well as he hurt his head :( So I understand what it feels like when parents are sick. I don't know how old you are but even at 29 I'm naively thinking that my parents (and grandparents, whom I am very close to) are immortal and immune from illness. Of course they're not, and seeing them "at risk", is hard to take in. All this to say that you should not feel bad about eating FULL STOP. And your CDC will understand too. I really hope your mum makes a full recovery xxx

Madchickvic, good luck and SW and I'm so glad your CDC bought the products back off you :) I thought she would, but you always have a tiny minority who are...well...I don't need to tell you. You may not be able to reach your Christmas goal in lbs but what about making it to Christmas on a fulltime diet? That is an achievement too!!! And also you'll be able to exercise and lose inches :) I've an inkling you'll do very well on SW :)

I may have to see if I can get a kinect one day... It is too much money now but maybe if I can get a January job! (teacher here, so jobs usually available in September, January or March/April).

xxx

Thanks bookworm :) I'm 29 too and its only when my mum n dad get ill that i start thinking about their frailty or rather impending frailty as theyre both in 50s at the min and the thought of them not being here is well i cant even comprehend it.

Got weighed today and STS so im relatively pleased with that, i have been v brave, bitten the bullet and posted some before and now pics so be kind if you do go look at them lol

What's everyone got planned for the weekend? Hubby wants a treat night tonight and im really not in the mood so i'm actually sticking to plan on a weigh day which has never happened before, then tomorrow we're going on a 3mile walk to a scarecrow festival and then sun im on a 12hr shift so it should be a good few days :)

STS is brilliant, so don't feel too bad. And I know what you mean regarding parents. My mum is in her late 50s and my father early 60s. That just hit me the other day. Not old by modern days' standards but still... How is your mum today?

I have work planned for the weekend as the husband is again back at work is London. I just can't wait to move house (we're buying) so I can finally see him every day :(

So what happens at a scarecrow festival? :D Good luck on the walk :)

Morning ladies :)

Bookworm i hope you have a lovely weekend and work isnt too bad. Not too bad so far for me thankfully so far but im on til 9pm. Where is it you're moving to bookworm?

Mums done nothing but sleep since she came home from hospital, did did send me a txt last night to say she was still alive haha.

Scarecrow festival was incredibly boring just people who have made scarecrows and put them on their front garden, don't really understand the reason for it or all the hype that's associated with it, suffice to say i cant see me wanting to go again next yr haha, walk was nice aside from being unbelievably hot :)

Glad to see your mum is taking it easy Nina. It's a good thing that she takes the time to rest. A recovering body needs rest. :)

Well, I probably won't go to a scarecrow festival then :D But at least you got to spend some time outside in the sunshine :)

Woaaaah! My bum fits in my size 18 jeans from Primark FINALLY :D Still too tight around the waist although it can be fasten (read massive muffin top here!) but still! I am so happy, especially as I have not been very diligent with the shred because of so many things I have to do (packing for the move, preparing for a conference, maintaining the garden so we don't have to do any big work when it's raining (we're renting, so we have to hand the maisonnette back as immaculate!).

I'm starting to enjoy this shopping thing now. Even if I'm only window shopping :)

But I'm so huuuuungry! Had 4 tetras again today, instead of 3. But as I said on another thread, better that than toast (I'm craving eggs on toast right now!).

My WI is on Thursday, I hope it'll be a good loss: almost in the 14s now! I can't remember being in the 14s for at least 5 years!!!

OK, off to bed now as I'm falling asleep and I have along day ahead of me tomorrow :)

Back