8 stone or more to lose!!!!!!

Thats brilliant!
Im just dreaming of my daughters engagement party in Edinburgh on the 24th. i will be taking three days off plan. Friday - Sunday then back on it the Monday. I started this so i could at least lose a few pounds for the party.

I am not going to sit there all night with water so im looking forward to it but also worried i will put everything back on again. However i will never get her engagement party back again so stuff it!
Thank you!
I think it's a matter of not going nuts when you're there, enjoy yourself, enjoy the yummy food but just be aware of what you're eating & drinking. You'll be established into the diet by then so if you make sure it's just a few days off then go straight back into diet mode you'll be absolutely fine! You need to enjoy yourself :D I hope you have a fab time!

Well I've just got back from a kids birthday party, loads & loads of food & drink tempting me! None touched my lips though! Very proud of myself because there was some yummy food! Anyway, just thought I'd share that :D

WELL DONE!!!!! It is sooooo hard, and we are all so proud of you because we know how difficult it is!!!! Always come and share huge achievements like that, it really helps others when they are struggling and you deserve praise!!! :)

Thats brilliant!
Im just dreaming of my daughters engagement party in Edinburgh on the 24th. i will be taking three days off plan. Friday - Sunday then back on it the Monday. I started this so i could at least lose a few pounds for the party.

I am not going to sit there all night with water so im looking forward to it but also worried i will put everything back on again. However i will never get her engagement party back again so stuff it!

Of course you can't diet!!! That would be crazy! Food is a huge part of celebrating: we're talking engagement party here, not your great aunt's second cousin's birthday. It's your daughter's engagement party!!!! How excited you must be. My advice: if you plan on drinking, get out of ketosis at least 24h before. Yes you will gain a little, but you'll lose it all in a week of SSing because that will be "new fat" if you see what I mean. I had to do it in my 3rd week and I was fine!!! We're in for the long haul, we can't just say that we are going to shun every major family event for the sake of CWP. It'll be hard to get back on the diet but a few days of eating, if you do it sensibly, are not much in the grand scheme of things. :)

WELL DONE!!!!! It is sooooo hard, and we are all so proud of you because we know how difficult it is!!!! Always come and share huge achievements like that, it really helps others when they are struggling and you deserve praise!!! :)
Thank you :D It was a really good feeling, I didn't tell anyone why I just had water, I just said I'd been feeling a little ropey hehe. I'll tell my friends who's son's birthday party it was next time I see her, I just didn't want to tell the whole room!

Well I just thought I would tell you all that I was a very good girl and did a lot of work on my thesis today :) I feel so much better for it, instead of procrastinating :)
What are you studying? Sorry if you've already said, I have to skim read a lot of the comments as I don't have much free time. My 7 month old is at a very demanding age *sigh*

Thank you :D It was a really good feeling, I didn't tell anyone why I just had water, I just said I'd been feeling a little ropey hehe. I'll tell my friends who's son's birthday party it was next time I see her, I just didn't want to tell the whole room!

What are you studying? Sorry if you've already said, I have to skim read a lot of the comments as I don't have much free time. My 7 month old is at a very demanding age *sigh*

Yes, I am shy with the diet too. I don't want people to know I diet as it draws even more attention to my weight lol.

I am doing a PhD in literature. And today I had to read a short story that was really disturbing... Some of these authors are very strange in the head... :rolleyes: Sometimes I wish I had chosen something a bit more sensible like mathematics or nuclear physics :D

Thanks Bookworm and fab on you working!

I've booked BA so I can have the breakfast inflight meal lol !!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Mmmmm... Not sure I would eat the disgusting things they serve on plane LOL ;) But I am not joking about the ketosis. It actually takes longer than people think to properly get out of ketosis. From what I remember reading on here, people advise to start at 24h before the drinking. I don't know why drinking and ketosis is bad but I am sure there is a scientific explanation :)

And by the way Grumble, I LOVE your avatar :D My cat reacts exactly the same :D What about this one...

its behind me.jpg

Yes, I am shy with the diet too. I don't want people to know I diet as it draws even more attention to my weight lol.

I am doing a PhD in literature. And today I had to read a short story that was really disturbing... Some of these authors are very strange in the head... :rolleyes: Sometimes I wish I had chosen something a bit more sensible like mathematics or nuclear physics :D
Oooo what was it? I like disturbing lol, & well done for doing lots of work today!
And by the way Grumble, I LOVE your avatar :D My cat reacts exactly the same :D What about this one...

View attachment 59373
Mine freaks out with ribbons too, hehe. That one is super cute too. There are tonnes of funny lolcats out there, I could never choose my fav :D

Grumble, I just realised you have a 7 month old child: do they walk at that age? (I don't know anything about babies :eek: )

You could follow the "running after baby" exercising programme and then sell it as a DVD :D My, young children are exhausting but they never seem to tire!!! How on earth to they do that?????? :D

Oh, and the short story I was reading was "Dr Paukenschläger", from a Belgian writer. It is really twisted... Some details are really gory. But I don't think it's ever veen translated into English. I had nightmares of tornadoes made of eyes and bits of guts. Ugh. Weird I tell ya.

Well, today I got up very early as it is house chore day. My husband is coming back from a long stint in London and I have not seen him in a while so pristine house is in order: crispy clean bed sheets, lovely flowers in the house, nice food, etc. I do love pampering him. He works so hard so I can work part-time and do my PhD. :) (and also the house is a tip because I was too lazy to clean these past seven days, despite being at home all the time :eek: )

We are renting and I will also have to arrange for the bedroom's carpet to be replaced before we move out. It was pretty old to start with but the cat just made a right mess of it. And because the landlady has been kind enough to let us have all our pets, it is the least we can do to thank her!!!

Then after housework, the Shred. And then PhD. And then cooking and then it'll be time to pick up my husband from the station!!! :D I can't wait, I'm like a teenage girl :p

Well I had my weigh in & I lost 6 1/4lbs! Yay! 3 inches off my waist so far, it's all going well :) Yay! I got some bars this weeks so I'll have those after my meal in the evening :D

Grumble, I just realised you have a 7 month old child: do they walk at that age? (I don't know anything about babies :eek: )

You could follow the "running after baby" exercising programme and then sell it as a DVD :D My, young children are exhausting but they never seem to tire!!! How on earth to they do that?????? :D

Oh, and the short story I was reading was "Dr Paukenschläger", from a Belgian writer. It is really twisted... Some details are really gory. But I don't think it's ever veen translated into English. I had nightmares of tornadoes made of eyes and bits of guts. Ugh. Weird I tell ya.

Well, today I got up very early as it is house chore day. My husband is coming back from a long stint in London and I have not seen him in a while so pristine house is in order: crispy clean bed sheets, lovely flowers in the house, nice food, etc. I do love pampering him. He works so hard so I can work part-time and do my PhD. :) (and also the house is a tip because I was too lazy to clean these past seven days, despite being at home all the time :eek: )

We are renting and I will also have to arrange for the bedroom's carpet to be replaced before we move out. It was pretty old to start with but the cat just made a right mess of it. And because the landlady has been kind enough to let us have all our pets, it is the least we can do to thank her!!!

Then after housework, the Shred. And then PhD. And then cooking and then it'll be time to pick up my husband from the station!!! :D I can't wait, I'm like a teenage girl :p

I don't know anything about babies either hehe! Mine isn't walking, she's trying desperately to crawl but just ends up rolling or going round in circles hehe. Once's she's crawling I could definitely cash in on the catching baby dvd! Children are just bursting with energy! I so wish I had that, so unfair hehe.

Yay! Your husband is coming home! I hope you have a lovely evening :) We're renting too & when I brought our baby home from the hospital our cat wasn't pleased at all! She pissed on the carpet everyday (sometimes twice) for 3 weeks! Our house stank, I was exhausted & emotional, it was horrible! I managed to get a vax carpet cleaner, which got most of the smell out but she still does it when she wants attention! Little madam!

That short story sounds...interesting, I have a serious phobia of eyeballs so tornadoes with eyeballs might make me vom!

So you're learning as you go along :D I hope to join you in the secret circle of motherhood once I have my weight under control. And this exercise DVD would be a hit, LOL. They do caveman exercise DVD now you know! You basically replicate movements that our ancestors would have made while hunting and sprinting, etc.

Well, Shred finished and I am a little bit behind schedule. I don't have any detergent left so I have to go out. I am just too laaaaaaaaazy :eek:

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: well done on the weight loss!!!! Give yourself a pat on the back, it's very well deserved :D

Grrrr rubbish rubbish day! Currently sitting in the hospital carpark catching up on your posts as I have only had one shake all day and now discovered that I won't be home until around 9pm and I feel hungry! Grrr what to do!

Fyi my Mum is in for her second reconstruction surgery after beating breast cancer and won't be in there long so need to be there for her when she comes round. We got here at 11.30am and they have only just took her down for surgery

For one I didn't think I would be here that long so didn't bring any shakes and I never got any tetras that would have been a better idea!! Have drank lots of water but it's just not helped! Had to come to sit in the car to avoid the canteen but am now thinking I need to investigate if I can get a chicken salad or something thoughts???

Thanks hun I know I can drive to a chemist but it breaks the car park cycle it's already 10 quid and then will add another 7 if I leave and come back plus I will loose my spot which is close to the door which will help when I need to get her to the car after. Will check the shop inside though they might have a slimfast.

Thanks she is doing really Well thankfully it was caught very very early so didn't spread etc so after this op she should be much better! Will report back with whatever I find

Grrrr rubbish rubbish day! Currently sitting in the hospital carpark catching up on your posts as I have only had one shake all day and now discovered that I won't be home until around 9pm and I feel hungry! Grrr what to do!

Fyi my Mum is in for her second reconstruction surgery after beating breast cancer and won't be in there long so need to be there for her when she comes round. We got here at 11.30am and they have only just took her down for surgery

For one I didn't think I would be here that long so didn't bring any shakes and I never got any tetras that would have been a better idea!! Have drank lots of water but it's just not helped! Had to come to sit in the car to avoid the canteen but am now thinking I need to investigate if I can get a chicken salad or something thoughts???

Oh no, I am sorry for you and for your mother. Well no wonder you are such a courageous chick with such a courageous mother :)

As for food: go with the chicken/lean meat/lettuce. You can't wait till 9pm, you're going to go crazy and you won't be as patient with your mum as you'd like to be (I am a monster when hungry).

Yes, I always keep tetras in the car and at work. Or bars. And also 4L of water in the boot (worse than hunger is thirst on this diet!)

Ladies, I can't wait to hear about your weightlosses tomorrow!!! When are your appointments?

In the morning? You'll have to remember to sleep the night before :p

Joking aside, it's great that it's this early. Try not "eat" any CMP products before getting weighed, like this the weight loss will be even bigger :D I know it's silly, but psychologically, it helps!

Back