A bit late to the game

well done on those lbs!!!!

and woop woop about the tickets.
really glad that yes someone we know got some tickets.

is the weather as nice there as what it is here... its lovely and warm (and yet im sitting here on the computer watching neighbours LOL)

We got tickets in the first round . We applied for approx £500 and got £200. We got 2 lots of football for hubby and son. My son is determined to do the rounds of the grounds so he's happy and the rest of us get to go and watch 2 games of womens hockey. So quite pleased although I would have loved to have got athletics of diving. Never mind. At least I'm going.

I'm glad we're going to at least one as a family. I've got 2 sporty kids who were the driving force behind applying.
It's not fair, shy do I struggle with my weight when my kids ( at. Least 2 of them ) are naturally skinny and don't have to worry about food although my middle one Is going to uni to be a dietician . Hopefully I should learn a lit :/

My eldest child has gained a lot of weight (he hasn't been able to exercise, run, ride a bike, play footie etc for just over 2years) and he's definitely going to be someone who has to watch their weight :(

My youngest is tall and slim, he's naturally thin, even his bones are little...they have different dads, and my youngests cousins on his dads side are all tall and slim..

the men on both sides of my family are mostly tall and slim (until they hitmiddle age anyway), while the women, certainly on my dads side are all on the curvy side.

Anyway - 1lb this week, as bemoaned in the spring weight loss goals thread I've managed to not lose any weight over 3 months.

Feeling a bit peed off, but there's not a lot I can do. It's not so much that I'm dieiting as this is the way I have to live my life. I can't eat what I want and I have to exercise.

the men on both sides of my family are mostly tall and slim (until they hitmiddle age anyway), while the women, certainly on my dads side are all on the curvy side.

Anyway - 1lb this week, as bemoaned in the spring weight loss goals thread I've managed to not lose any weight over 3 months.

Feeling a bit peed off, but there's not a lot I can do. It's not so much that I'm dieiting as this is the way I have to live my life. I can't eat what I want and I have to exercise.

it's funny isn't it how scientists say being overweight isn't hereditory..I was watching Embarrassing Fat Bodies and they did some tests and how there is a 'fat gene', and that will determine the chances of us getting fat. The outcome was, one of the slim doctors had the 'fat gene' and her chances of getting fat were much higher than a family of already overeight/obese people!

You've lost no weight the last months? What does the doctor think about that?
I'm feeling very peed off too. My losses the last few months I feel have been awful, my weekly losses are crap, I feel like banging my head through a wall!

Yep, I'm in the same boat too! I'm only just getting back to the weight I was when I started Weight Watchers back in March!
I lost 10lbs, gained about 20, and then lost 10 again. I don't like to keep things small-scale, do I? ;)

Anyway, back to your thread PK - I know it may seem frustrating that you haven't lost much at all in the last few months, but look at your great weight loss overall!! And what inspires me the most is that while the rest of us are either throwing ourselves into it wholheatedly or completely losing the plot, you're here week after week, chipping away at your weight loss in such a steady way that I sometimes do a double take when I glance at your ticker, because you've done so unbelievably well without ever seeming to go to extremes.

Good luck with the final push to goal PK - not much more to lose now - and we know you can do it!
x

I agree with Alex you have been here all this time and havent given up, you have never even spoke of feeling like giving up. Your an amazing person pk, so strong and motivated!! And again look back at what you have lost, although i havent lost as much as you thats what i do, and it keeps me going as i realise how well i have done. These last few pounds you have left to lose are going to be hard, but you have come this far, i know you can do it!!

Thanks guys

Bunny well it goes up & down so far I've managed to be down whenever I've gone to the doctors

Although I think overall it is going down. I don't get "up" as far when it does go up.

By autumn you could be at goal!...and maintaing, that's gotta feel great!...so pleased for you! you're amazing :)

STS the same for me, which is pretty good as I kind of went "sod it" after Thursday (was out bowling -drank too much then went to pizza hut - did not have salad). Food wasn't massively bad but I wasn't out walking Thurs-Sun (nor am I planning to tonight).

However I'm off work the rest of the week so hopefully out for nice long walks the rest.

Sounds like you had a lovey week, and a sts, isn't too bad after 'sodding it' ;-) so well done hun! Have a good week :)

As expecting TOTM hit and a 3lb gain.

Was out walking for an hour Tues - Thurs and I walked a mile to the cinema on Friday but not since (to be fair the weather is pretty rank).

totm hit me yesterday too...I'm sure i'm in for a gain tomorrow... come to realize it is, what it is :sigh: damn totm!!

The weather has been pretty awful here too, the last few days have been damp and boggy, sun is out at the moment, not for long though!

That's great you've been out walking too! :)

1lb off this week (eventually).

Was really expecting a gain. I was only out walking Tuesday & Wednesday.

Thursday we went over to England to see my gran (it was her 90th b/day) in her nursing home. So had cake, had drink, had a pub lunch, had dessert (must learn to say NO!)

Friday was then my brothers birthday and we were at his house where more wine and snacks (again why can't I just not eat them :\).

However my next appointment with the doctor is on the 8th so I really need to buck my ideas up.

I'm with you Ladies I have really got stuck in a hole, I cannot shift from my 109kilos/240 lbs, I have yo-yod between 111 - 108.2 this past month and it is really peeing me off. I know I have had a lot of probs what with my knee, an eye op and a tooth root having to be pulled but........................... The only thing that is keeping me going is that I am not putting on and my waist is still at 42" :sigh:

1lb off this week (eventually).

Was really expecting a gain. I was only out walking Tuesday & Wednesday.

Thursday we went over to England to see my gran (it was her 90th b/day) in her nursing home. So had cake, had drink, had a pub lunch, had dessert (must learn to say NO!)

Friday was then my brothers birthday and we were at his house where more wine and snacks (again why can't I just not eat them :\).

However my next appointment with the doctor is on the 8th so I really need to buck my ideas up.

Aw hun, it sounds like you had a lovely time, and we're all entitled to that :)

Well done on the 1lb hun...you've been so consistant throughout your weight loss, you're almost there hun...!!

I'm with you Ladies I have really got stuck in a hole, I cannot shift from my 109kilos/240 lbs, I have yo-yod between 111 - 108.2 this past month and it is really peeing me off. I know I have had a lot of probs what with my knee, an eye op and a tooth root having to be pulled but........................... The only thing that is keeping me going is that I am not putting on and my waist is still at 42" :sigh:

You've had so much going on hun, that it's took it's toll on you, you'll probably find things will pick up again as you gain better recovery :)

Take care xx

Back