A bit of advice from me regarding Goal weight and Stabilisation phase

Big H

Silver Member
I may not be the best advert for maintaining weight loss :D having done CD numerous times over the past, but I thought I would share some observations based on experience that may help you.

Note - these are only my opinions;)

Aim to reach your goal weight after your 810 week, i.e when you finish SS and are starting the stablisation phase, look to come off SS and onto your week of 810 with about 3-4 pounds left to goal ( I always skip AAM week rightly or wrongly)

What I am basically saying is don't rely on your 1000, 1200 & 1500 weeks for weight loss. When you come off SS you will have enough to contend with trying to keep from going back to your old ways and won't need the added pressure of having to lose weight every week. The fact is you probably will lose weight during those weeks, but it is also likely that at some point in the few weeks after finishing all phases that you will gain at least some weight as you fully restore your Glycogen levels and just due to having something in your belly. I think the best target after finishing SS and the first week of intergration back into food (810) is to aim to be the same weight every week thereafter - It's realsitic and takes the pressure off!

So basically use SS and 810 to get to goal, don't come off the diet early thinking you can calorie count your way to goal, if you could do that you would have before and you wouldn't be doing CD in the first place

Bonne Chance Tout La Monde :)

Sticking my neck out here to say that I'm with you on that one.

When I was on the diet, we went to BMI25, then did 790 until goal. Well, that was my understanding.

I then went up the plans, pretty much stabilising. I didn't lose any more.

Though it's possible, and in fact very likely you will lose weight going up the plans, they do become more 'iffy' and the head messes around a lot during them for many folk.

I'm still a believer in following the plans as set out, mainly for other benefits, but do feel it's 'safer' to get very close to goal before going up them.

Thanks for the info! I am a long, long way from worrying about this, but it's great to have a heads up.

Thanks. x

I had to move up from 810 to 1000 much earlier than planned as I was ill and advised to. Wish I hadn't as it's been a really rough journey. Wish I'd had this advise a long time ago :) but thank you for posting it. xxx

Thanks for the info! I am a long, long way from worrying about this, but it's great to have a heads up.

Thanks. x

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that you could be at goal in a years time. A family member of mine (albehim Male) lost 12 stone in 6 months and I (also Male) average 7 pounds per week on SS.
You would have to average 5 pounds per week to get there in a year

Best of luck to you x

I had to move up from 810 to 1000 much earlier than planned as I was ill and advised to. Wish I hadn't as it's been a really rough journey. Wish I'd had this advise a long time ago :) but thank you for posting it. xxx

It can be really tough can't it Hun - trust me I've been there (too many times :D)
Stick with it xx

I wish i'd seen this earlier, in hinesight I moved up to 1000 far to early, theres only so long you can go with that amount of calories before you start topping it up, I did lose well at first but before too long I was just feeling hungry, guess the ketosis in 810 prevented this. BAck on 810 in 2 weeks and down to target then up the plans :)

Interesting thread... I've been advised to get 1/2 stone away from goal and then go up the plans. I'm 6 pounds away at present but about to take a week off for a holiday. My CDC thought start going up on my return but I think I might be better going back to SS+ to get the holiday weight off and maybe get to 10.7lbs before starting to go up the plans. I'm extremely carb sensitive and can't see myself losing on the higher plans. And like you said, I don't want to be fretting about losing more - I'd rather focus on adjusting to food and keeping my head in the right place! Thankyou for this post!

I wish i'd seen this earlier, in hinesight I moved up to 1000 far to early, theres only so long you can go with that amount of calories before you start topping it up, I did lose well at first but before too long I was just feeling hungry, guess the ketosis in 810 prevented this. BAck on 810 in 2 weeks and down to target then up the plans :)

Yep, once you lose that Keytosis protection and you get the taste for food it's very hard to live for any length of time on 1000 calories, I mean how many 'normal' people could do it, let alone us lot :D

Good luck getting back into keytosis Fella

Interesting thread... I've been advised to get 1/2 stone away from goal and then go up the plans. I'm 6 pounds away at present but about to take a week off for a holiday. My CDC thought start going up on my return but I think I might be better going back to SS+ to get the holiday weight off and maybe get to 10.7lbs before starting to go up the plans. I'm extremely carb sensitive and can't see myself losing on the higher plans. And like you said, I don't want to be fretting about losing more - I'd rather focus on adjusting to food and keeping my head in the right place! Thankyou for this post!

Sounds like a good plan - good luck with it and have a good hol x

PS Badger - 14 and a half stone for a 6ft chap, sounds pretty O.K to me (I know we all have our own ideas and goals) but I wouldn't fret too much about shifting that last stone.

I'm a shade under 6ft and am 15 stone 8, out of my 5 closest mates, none are anywhere near what you would call fat and none are under 15 stone (all between 5ft 11 and 6ft 2)

It can be really tough can't it Hun - trust me I've been there (too many times :D)
Stick with it xx

Thanks..... I don't feel such a failure knowing I'm not the only one who's path hasn't run smoothly. Where have you been...... could do with you around here :) I am def sticking with it, I'm too stubborn not to :)

.......also really nice to see Badger about.... haven't heard much from you since becoming a cdc.

Good luck to you both x

PS Badger - 14 and a half stone for a 6ft chap, sounds pretty O.K to me (I know we all have our own ideas and goals) but I wouldn't fret too much about shifting that last stone.

I'm a shade under 6ft and am 15 stone 8, out of my 5 closest mates, none are anywhere near what you would call fat and none are under 15 stone (all between 5ft 11 and 6ft 2)
Yeah i'm happy but tbh i'm doing counselling now so need to get down really. Wouldnt mind working a bit more at these moobs and the wobbly stomach aswell :D

Thanks..... I don't feel such a failure knowing I'm not the only one who's path hasn't run smoothly. Where have you been...... could do with you around here :) I am def sticking with it, I'm too stubborn not to :)

.......also really nice to see Badger about.... haven't heard much from you since becoming a cdc.

Good luck to you both x
Ah thanks, yeah ive been really busy, trying to spread my experience.
But back to the subject, dont worry you certainly arnt alone in struggling near the end, I dont think very many people get it right first time, the test of strength is whether you give up and get down about it and go back or try again and get it right.

I've been pondering when to start moving up the plans and this has just cemented it!
I have a couple of events coming up where i have already planned to allow myself to eat food off plan (but not majorly) and i wondered whether i should be on a higher plan to allow for these, but i think i would prefer to stay on SS/810 and just accept any gains if that happens and get straight back on plan afterwards.
I'm excited about Muesli...but it will be there in another couple of weeks!
Thanks for posting that though! thats really helped!
:D:D:D:D

xx

Cool - glad it was useful for ya - and well done btw - what a great loss!!!

Last edited:
Good thread !!!!

I have moved up to 810 today as I have just done 12 weeks SS and I am now 3lb from first goal (BMI 25) I have a holiday in 3 weeks so doing 810 then a week of 1000 before I go, I plan to SS when I return if I can until I get to my preferred goal of 10.7.

Thanks for the useful post, I really want to do maintenance and learn about food choices !

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that you could be at goal in a years time. A family member of mine (albehim Male) lost 12 stone in 6 months and I (also Male) average 7 pounds per week on SS.
You would have to average 5 pounds per week to get there in a year

Best of luck to you x

I never really thought about it being that quick. Well, truthfully, I had hoped but don't want to get my hopes up too high. But 5lbs a week doesn't seem too unrealistc, at least in the beginning. I have a female friend who lost almost 10 stone in 6 months on LighterLife and she weighed less than me at the start.

Thanks for the encouragement! x

This is really interesting. I am 2lbs away from BMI 25 and 20lbs away from goal. This week my CDC put me up to SS+ for a week, then the plan is 810 for 2 weeks then 1000 till target. I was ok with this as I thought I would lose a good bit on 1000, but to be honest I don't want to go down to losing a lb a week - I cant afford to stay on CD forever especially with small losses, I may as well do slimming world! The CDC said to me that I should go up to 1000 once my BMI is 25 - what do you think? The cynic in me is wondering if she has a financial motivation for doing this? :rolleyes:

Back