A Bloke's Diary

That's very kind of you.

According to home scales yesterday I'd lost 3.5 stone so far and there was an extra pound off this morning which gives me (assuming my scales are accurate) a nice milestone of having lost 50lbs so far! However the official scales are the chemist ones so fingers crossed for Saturday weigh in.

Good luck ;)

Last edited:
Day 75...

Missed my weigh in at the chemist on Saturday as it shuts at 12 and didn't get home from our walk until 1230 hence no update.

Either my body is goosed or the home scales are as one day last week I was 13st on the dot, then today I'm 13st 2! Not paying too much attention to it though otherwise I'll get too wound up.

Had a brilliant weekend doing nice things with the family. Still 100% tfr since that blip a couple of week ago.

Did a bit of clothes shopping this weekend too. Bought some 34 waist trousers :eek: - down from a 40! - some new work shoes and a winter coat which is a very comfortable Medium rather than the usual XL!

Happy, happy bunny but might feck those scales through the bathroom window :D

Good luck everyone ;)

Congratulations Derry, I agree scales are a wind up sometimes, but hey the proof is in the waistband!!!! x:D

Scales are love hate! If you've been 100% then know the fat is burning and threaten scales with replacement!

IMG_2668.JPG Day 77... lift selfie Wednesday!

Seem to have plateaued a wee bit and have been (home scales) stuck on 13st for the last few days. Not gonna weigh meself again until the weekend and hopefully I'll have crossed the threshold into the 12st territory by then.

Good luck ;)

I actually read through your thread before I registered here and started on Lipotrim. It was nice to see another bloke give this diet a shot and you've made awesome progress. Also, those progress photos are so inspiring. I can't wait to see the 11-stone pics. Keep it up man. :)

Happy morning.... weighed myself (home scales so not official) and 2lbs have magically shifted so I am unofficially 12st 12!

First time below 13st in 15 years. Nearly in tears with joy.

Just hope the official chemist scales say the same on Saturday!

Good luck ;)

Omg you'll need a whole new wardrobe!

It's been over a decade since I've weighed lower than that. I'm glad to hear it mate!

Day 80.... Saturday and official chemist weigh in....

82.3kg or 12st 13lb! Very happy the official scales have confirmed I'm no longer a teenager :D

BMI has dropped to 26.7 so not very far of 25 or below which is classed as a healthy weight for my age/height.

We are taking my son to see Henning Wehn tonight so it does mean a night off the tfr - I know it shouldn't and it will put me back into the teens again tomorrow but:

I'm prepared for the consequences
I'm not gonna beat myself up about it
I'm gonna be tfr after that til the end of November as a minimum

I'm hoping (based on my current trajectory) that by end of November I should be 11st 10 at the most which will represent an overall loss of 5st. At that point I might start a refers depending on how I feel.

Must admit recently that although I've not been hungry at all, my body seems to feel as though it is ready to stop now? It's a strange feeling but I'm not going to just yet. I'd love to be 11st but equally I'm not gonna get hung up on it.

Anyway... good luck everyone! ;)

Hope last night went well and you're back on the wagon!

Had a brilliant weekend hanks but was a very naughty boy as I had Sunday off too :eek:

Back in the saddle today and absolutely not getting wound up with myself over the weekend's misbehaviour as I've legislated for it. In fact was quite surprised that even though I've eaten crap and drank cider, I didn't drink nearly half as much as I expected to.

That said I'm fully expecting my weight to reflect my naughtiness when I get weighed next but I refuse to get downhearted and I am braced for it.

Good luck everyone ;)

Mistakes are okay if you recognise them and don't let them dishearten you. :)

Back