A Bloke's perspective........

ram1us

Hi All,

I've been on here before, never done a diary though!!!!

I love this site for all the nice recipe ideas it gives, gorgeous food.

I rejoined SW last week and had had my first weigh in last night. In my first week i've lost 7.5lbs! Wow!!! I'm so chuffed, especially since i haven't gone hungry at all and have eaten very well. Particularly liked the Chilli Con Carne recipe from the SW website, though might add a touch more chilli powder next time! I'll keep posting here periodically, it might help me to write down my thoughts and feelings. At least I hope it will. I'm absolutely determined that this time the weight is going to come off and stay off!

Cheers

Ram1us

wow thats a great weight loss
please write down your diary need some inspiration
good luck :D

Tired today. Got in in the early hours of this morning after doing a b it of voluntary work. Did some good work, felt like a difference was made, though i did get the mickey took a little when we stopped for a bit of food, the crew had poppadoms, dips and crisps, and i stuck to my guns and had lean turkey slices. Was nice though!!!

Well. This will be an interesting weekend. Off to the parent's caravan until weigh day (tues). I've bought bits and pieces in order to be able to SW compliant, but you know, those seaside chips are shouting me!!!! Having said that, i'm seriously thinking about taking the actifry and doing them in that. I'm surprised at how nice the chips are in that, it also means i can do my peppers onions and chicken thing as well!

I've just cooked my first omelette for a long long long time. It was really nice and filling. Dead simple as well, 3 eggs, splash of skimmed milk all whisked together. dry fried some onion, pepper and über lean bacon with a bit of cajun seasoning on it. poured egg mixture over and let it cook over a low heat. Grilled 2 Quorn sausages, then just grilled the top of the omelette (after i'd put my healthy A allowance of cheese on). All in all, a fantastic little meal for 2 - 3 syns. I can live with that. I also found a recipe for a 'zip loc' omelette. Didn't read it all but it appears to be a case of lob everything in a zip loc bag, then put the bag in boiling water and watch the stuff cook! Might well give that a go, it means a nice breakfast type meal with not a whole lot of prep.

Let's see how we get on this weekend. suppose i better pack now!!!!

@julesuk, all i did was stick to the plan like glue. Lots of food, but made sure it was the right type of food! I think my favourite was the chilli con carne recipe on the SW website. SW quiche are a good idea as well. Just remember to bulk out your meals with loads of free food. I've found i like snacking on seedless green grapes, they're not bad for making those sugar cravings go away. A banana or two a day (1 in morning and 1 in afternoon) also help.

Listen to me, trying to explain how to do this and its barely my 2nd week. This time i intend the weight to come off and stay off. I've been there with the difficult weeks where nothing seems to work, and you have a good week, stay within your syns and either maintain, only drop a 1/2 a pound, or worse, put on. Stick with it. it does work. Go to your group and draw on the support there. Join a couple of the support groups on Facebook. There's one that's dedicated to SW recipes (Slimming World Recipes), and a lot of SW local Groups seem to have setup a group on Facebook.

You'll get there, Respect the person you were, love the person you will be.

Third weigh in this week. Lost 2lb. Last week i lost 2 1/2. Total loss so far is 12lb in 3 weeks. My aim for next week is to try and get the stone!

Having a bit of a crisis of faith now. Just not sure what to have for tea. tomorrow looks like a pasta bake type thing, probably with some bacon in it. Don't get me wrong, i'm really really chuffed with the weight loss so far, but i kind of feel restricted, even though i know i'm not. the evening meals are the killer really for me. As most people, getting in from work then having to cook a meal is a pain in the bum. There's jacket spuds i suppose, but what to have with it? the chilli the other week was lovely, but takes a good long time to cook. i know there is absolutely loads to eat, and i know that i'm sounding sorry for myself with absolutely no right to be. It's one of those when you know there is something, but you just cant see it for trying.

Please don't listen to me whinging. This eating plan DOES work. There is tons to eat. i just have to be a bit more of a forward planner! Off to Asda to pick up a couple of bits and pieces (Thank Heaven for 24hr opening!!!). Tomorrow is a new day, and it WILL be a good day.

Hi your doing great :D
Its my second time around too last time I seemed to loose more each week but maybe I was
exercising more or something but still loosing an just got my half stone award
have worked it out if I drop 2pound a week then by xmas I be at my target
I dont want to be super skinny- been there, so not going to go past a certain dress size

Its really good that you forward plan as I know many people dont when they have holidays etc and yes them damn chips lol
smell so nice.
Im having jacket pot tonight as on a green day..with loads of beans ex low laughing cow cheese
an sainsbury's healthy sausages which i think..an hope are 1/2 sin each
and they actually taste like a sausage!
I try save as many syns as pos for the weekend as thats when I socialize so its for the booze

hope you reach your stone award..an thanks for updates x

Third weigh in this week. Lost 2lb. Last week i lost 2 1/2. Total loss so far is 12lb in 3 weeks. My aim for next week is to try and get the stone!

Having a bit of a crisis of faith now. Just not sure what to have for tea. tomorrow looks like a pasta bake type thing, probably with some bacon in it. Don't get me wrong, i'm really really chuffed with the weight loss so far, but i kind of feel restricted, even though i know i'm not. the evening meals are the killer really for me. As most people, getting in from work then having to cook a meal is a pain in the bum. There's jacket spuds i suppose, but what to have with it? the chilli the other week was lovely, but takes a good long time to cook. i know there is absolutely loads to eat, and i know that i'm sounding sorry for myself with absolutely no right to be. It's one of those when you know there is something, but you just cant see it for trying.

Please don't listen to me whinging. This eating plan DOES work. There is tons to eat. i just have to be a bit more of a forward planner! Off to Asda to pick up a couple of bits and pieces (Thank Heaven for 24hr opening!!!). Tomorrow is a new day, and it WILL be a good day.

You are doing great!

Well done on your weight loss:happy096:

week 5 weigh in last night. lost a further 2.5lbs. That's a brilliant 1st albs so far. I'm beginning to actually like salads!!!!! Just done a lovely one on a bed of Iceberg Lettuce, lots of mixed peppers and some red onion, decent bit of chicken breast. Everything except the lettuce chucked in a frying pan and some blackened cajun seasoning added. served on the lettuce with some cottage cheese on top. Very nice! About halfway through, i added a good bit of Tabasco Sauce, can you tell i like it a bit warm???

Feeling good this week, even though there's a birthday to go to and a wedding the day after! Might be happy with a maintain on the next weigh in!!

Back