A Catalogue of Indian Recipes (Bhuna, Jalfrezi, Balti, Madras, Korma and many more)

Kay, thanks for all these-have tried quite a few-favourite is biryani with boiled egg added . Wondered if you have a chicken goan recipe that would be sw friendly.Thanks=can't find one to adapt.x

Kay, thanks for all these-have tried quite a few-favourite is biryani with boiled egg added . Wondered if you have a chicken goan recipe that would be sw friendly.Thanks=can't find one to adapt.x

Hey thanks for stopping by, glad your liking the recipes :). I will defo look into this for you hun, I will try and post one up in the next few days.

Kay xx

sent hubby out to buy curry leaves and he bought fresh ones. They are lovely but the bag is so big they will go off before I use them. I'm assuming it would be best to freeze them-is that right?

sent hubby out to buy curry leaves and he bought fresh ones. They are lovely but the bag is so big they will go off before I use them. I'm assuming it would be best to freeze them-is that right?

Yep that's a good idea to portion them and freeze them, then you only take out as much as you need for one curry :). Which one you making ? :p

Kay xx

Madras but using beef. Also just put the onion bhaji up ready to bake later. Will also do the Bombay potato as my brother's coming over and he doesn't like rice.
Have you tried Shan Tikkiya kabab masala mix and the chappi kabab mix?He bought them as well.My sw account isn't working -apparently my con's machine didn't register us and she's having to email sw to update all of us-any idea of syn values and what they are like/?

Madras but using beef. Also just put the onion bhaji up ready to bake later. Will also do the Bombay potato as my brother's coming over and he doesn't like rice.
Have you tried Shan Tikkiya kabab masala mix and the chappi kabab mix?He bought them as well.My sw account isn't working -apparently my con's machine didn't register us and she's having to email sw to update all of us-any idea of syn values and what they are like/?

Hey, most of the shaan masala mixes are free as far as I am aware. However I would say this, they are very spicy, so whatever guidelines they have given behind the packet, I would put half the quantity first, taste it check if it's not too hot then slowly add more. :)

Wow beef madras, Bombay potatoes and onion bhajis sounds super yum, think your family are going to be in for a nice treat :D. Would love to see pics when your done . I haven't forgotten about the goan chicken hun, will post up soon.

Kay xx

Thanks Kay, will bear your advice in mind-didn't expect them to free though. No rush on the goan recipe but would be nice to have it.Have you tried the koko coconut milk in any of your recipes? Been using it instead of the tinned one as lots for hexa.Curries are not as thick but taste lovely and feels great when syns have disappeared

Thanks Kay, will bear your advice in mind-didn't expect them to free though. No rush on the goan recipe but would be nice to have it.Have you tried the koko coconut milk in any of your recipes? Been using it instead of the tinned one as lots for hexa.Curries are not as thick but taste lovely and feels great when syns have disappeared

Yes I have used it in some of my recipes, but that was before I discovered mullers greek style coconut and vanilla yogurts, they are fat free and only 1/2 syn, amazing for the coconut flavour in curries and promise you can't taste the vanilla at all, the curry flavours overpower it but you can still taste the coconut and the lush texture of the greek yogurt is much better than using the milk. Hope this helps :).

Kay xx

Thanks for sharing these, i love tomato based curries and there are so many to choose from here! :) think i will try the bhuna sometime next week ;-)

Thanks for sharing these, i love tomato based curries and there are so many to choose from here! :) think i will try the bhuna sometime next week ;-)

Glad your enjoying the recipes hun. Yum bhuna is one of my fav's too. :) Hope you enjoy going through the rest of them too. If you have any questions about the recipes, feel free to post on here and I will do my best to answer them soon.

Kay xx

Hi Kay,

I am planning to make the lamb bhuna tomorrow (but with chicken!)

I won't be able to source fenugreek leaves, could I use fenugreek seeds instead please? Or is that a bad idea!

Thanks in advance

Stacey

Hi Kay,

I am planning to make the lamb bhuna tomorrow (but with chicken!)

I won't be able to source fenugreek leaves, could I use fenugreek seeds instead please? Or is that a bad idea!

Thanks in advance

Stacey

Hey Stacey, sure you can hun, but the seeds are more bitter in taste so I would go with half tsp :). Hope your meal turn out lovely hun, would love to see pics :p.

Kay xx

Hi Kay,

Well... My agenda change a little and I ended up doing more of the rogan josh recipe! It was delicious. I also made a sag aloo and I had a packet mix that you add to plain flour to make it a naan bread dough. So I made that too!

image-1229579562.jpg

image-1013998118.jpg

image-3420566687.jpg

Kay have you used he weight watchers Greek style coconut yogurts? I find them far more coconutty than the muller. They are 1 syn each & not a hint of vanilla in sight. I add them to all curries that need coconut milk, even Thai curries & they work really well - so far my husband hasn't noticed the difference & that's a lot of syns!!

Kay have you used he weight watchers Greek style coconut yogurts? I find them far more coconutty than the muller. They are 1 syn each & not a hint of vanilla in sight. I add them to all curries that need coconut milk, even Thai curries & they work really well - so far my husband hasn't noticed the difference & that's a lot of syns!!

Nope I've never tried the ww one, but thanks for sharing the tip with everyone hun, will keep that in mind for next time. :)

Kay xx

Hi Kay,

Well... My agenda change a little and I ended up doing more of the rogan josh recipe! It was delicious. I also made a sag aloo and I had a packet mix that you add to plain flour to make it a naan bread dough. So I made that too!

OMG !! They all look so lush :p. Well done you've done a fab job hun ! Loving the naan bread too nom nom. I love rogan josh too, I'm glad it all worked out well in the end and you all enjoyed it ! :D

Kay xx

Thanks Kay. The naan bread was actually really nice too, i wasn't expecting it to be. I had to dry fry it both sides on a pan on be highest heat then put it under the grill for a couple of mins (don't think it needed that but I followed the instructions!)

I gently cooked some garlic in some light clover margarine and put that on the top and it was delish!

So nice being able to make curry that A) tastes nice and B) is low syn wise. Thanks! X

Thanks Kay. The naan bread was actually really nice too, i wasn't expecting it to be. I had to dry fry it both sides on a pan on be highest heat then put it under the grill for a couple of mins (don't think it needed that but I followed the instructions!)

I gently cooked some garlic in some light clover margarine and put that on the top and it was delish!

So nice being able to make curry that A) tastes nice and B) is low syn wise. Thanks! X

Glad you loved the curries hun :) and the naan bread the way you made it sounds perfect to go with it ! Hope you enjoy making some of the others too :D.

Kay xx

Back