A diary of a slimming world consultant

This time next week we will have completed day one of training!
I' m going into the relaunch training but traveling down with two ladies doing the new group training.
How everyone doing with their diplomas, reading secrets of success & group visits etc? Xx

Just passed 2 diplomas

I had a wee go in my class on Tuesday, doesn't look too bad, going for a bit more practice to my team developers class on Monday again. Off to visit my class tonight - eeeek ! so excited and nervous, really looking forward to meeting some new people :)

Hi there
Just checking in. Seems like you've been busy. I was told to go to my group 3 weeks leading up to opening night so hot a few weeks go. Visited 2 flagship groups and practised pay and weigh at my group and will again next week. Today I took the diplomas and passed them. They were pretty straight forwRd and let you take the wrong questions again so did them 2nd time with ease. So no long at all time HO I have never had a weekend away from the 4 kids will be strange but enjoyable. Hope your visits went well. See you Friday x
Vanessa

Hi there
Just checking in. Seems like you've been busy. I was told to go to my group 3 weeks leading up to opening night so hot a few weeks go. Visited 2 flagship groups and practised pay and weigh at my group and will again next week. Today I took the diplomas and passed them. They were pretty straight forwRd and let you take the wrong questions again so did them 2nd time with ease. So no long at all time HO I have never had a weekend away from the 4 kids will be strange but enjoyable. Hope your visits went well. See you Friday x
Vanessa

Yay! Well done :)
I'm hoping to do mine over the weekend,still got a wee bit reading to do.
I received my leaflets banner and laminates today...so excited I raced home to open the boxes. It was really strange seeing them with my name on!

I visited the group I am relaunching last night to get the room layout as they've just moved into the school hall from a first floor room, so quite pleased about that - no stairs to worry about. Everyone was lovely very excited to meet me as it had been announced two weeks ago. So I stayed for the class to get a wee feel for it, loved it and think its going to be a great class. The social team are all lovely and willing to stay which I am super happy (They all volunteered to help the relief consultant last year when the consultant left on a bit of a low note) so they have recently been trained and might know more than I do haha! Its made me a little less nervous as I got a really good feeling from them as a group.

Well im off to do some more reading...oh how my Friday nights have changed hehe!

Cannot wait to meet everyone at HO (I'm travelling and staying myself so will defo be looking out for you lovely ladies!)

Good luck with diplomas

Yay! Well done :)
I'm hoping to do mine over the weekend,still got a wee bit reading to do.
I received my leaflets banner and laminates today...so excited I raced home to open the boxes. It was really strange seeing them with my name on!

I visited the group I am relaunching last night to get the room layout as they've just moved into the school hall from a first floor room, so quite pleased about that - no stairs to worry about. Everyone was lovely very excited to meet me as it had been announced two weeks ago. So I stayed for the class to get a wee feel for it, loved it and think its going to be a great class. The social team are all lovely and willing to stay which I am super happy (They all volunteered to help the relief consultant last year when the consultant left on a bit of a low note) so they have recently been trained and might know more than I do haha! Its made me a little less nervous as I got a really good feeling from them as a group.

Well im off to do some more reading...oh how my Friday nights have changed hehe!

Cannot wait to meet everyone at HO (I'm travelling and staying myself so will defo be looking out for you lovely ladies!)

Hi there
Thought I'd check in while I'm reading xpressweigh yawn. It's too much to take in, click this and swipe that. Not sure how I plan to pass this one. If your looking out for me Friday i have shoulder length red, blonde hair. Can't seem to upload a picture on here. What are you planning to take? Really not sure? Do we need our whole black box? Help!!!!
Must get back to 'simple steps to pay' yawn again
Vanessa

Hi there
Thought I'd check in while I'm reading xpressweigh yawn. It's too much to take in, click this and swipe that. Not sure how I plan to pass this one. If your looking out for me Friday i have shoulder length red, blonde hair. Can't seem to upload a picture on here. What are you planning to take? Really not sure? Do we need our whole black box? Help!!!!
Vanessa 
The pay stuff comes with practice :) im lucky Id already had a mess around on it as I have always been a 'casual' social team member lol I literally have just jumped from wherever I'm needed pay, weigh, shop!! meet n greet in busy times lol

at your pre training you will have got a list somewhere to tell you what to take. It says to take the secrets of success files but you don't use them, it's all online. You'll need all your promotional prep - 15 day planner etc and your room layout sketch from your venue. also a new member pack and your consultant copy if you have one. can't remember anything else :(

Helloo :)

Have spent the best part of today reading this thread and love how informative it has been.

I have been a member of slimming world a few times, last time i lost 5 stone but due to a medical problem which led to an operation i ended up banging 2 stone back on, so i re-joined again just before xmas to start off the slimming journey again.

I went to an ops event a couple of years ago but felt i needed to get to target before persuing the idea of becoming a consultant any further, obviously with the medical problem cropping up i never did reach that target, however i'm back on it now and doing well.

I was considering attending the ops event again just to refresh my mind on everything but really feel that becoming a SW consultant is the right direction for me to be heading in, i know its A LOT of hard work (especially after reading this thread) I love the diet, already run an online (fb) slimming group with 128 members and growing so am offering support to others already and of course rave about the diet to family and friends and just about anyone who will listen.

However there's something stopping me taking the plunge... im not at target and i'm about 3 stone away from my target, i don't know whether to wait till i'm nearer my target or take the plunge and work towards my target within my own group, as well as the obvious worries about not getting the numbers through the doors e.t.c my main concern is that im not yet at my target, does this matter? im of the frame of mind that i would be a bit put out if the consultant standing there preaching to me about how good this diet is was herself a large person (size18)... just wondering on peoples thoughts about this?
Im also a social team member of my group that i attend now so know pretty well how the group works/runs :)

any other advice you can give would obviously be gratefully recieved :)

Have spent the best part of today reading this thread and love how informative it has been.

I have been a member of slimming world a few times, last time i lost 5 stone but due to a medical problem which led to an operation i ended up banging 2 stone back on, so i re-joined again just before xmas to start off the slimming journey again.

I went to an ops event a couple of years ago but felt i needed to get to target before persuing the idea of becoming a consultant any further, obviously with the medical problem cropping up i never did reach that target, however i'm back on it now and doing well.

I was considering attending the ops event again just to refresh my mind on everything but really feel that becoming a SW consultant is the right direction for me to be heading in, i know its A LOT of hard work (especially after reading this thread) I love the diet, already run an online (fb) slimming group with 128 members and growing so am offering support to others already and of course rave about the diet to family and friends and just about anyone who will listen.

However there's something stopping me taking the plunge... im not at target and i'm about 3 stone away from my target, i don't know whether to wait till i'm nearer my target or take the plunge and work towards my target within my own group, as well as the obvious worries about not getting the numbers through the doors e.t.c my main concern is that im not yet at my target, does this matter? im of the frame of mind that i would be a bit put out if the consultant standing there preaching to me about how good this diet is was herself a large person (size18)... just wondering on peoples thoughts about this?
Im also a social team member of my group that i attend now so know pretty well how the group works/runs :)

Hi Tinkerbell

Well done to you on your journey def sounds like your in the right frame of mind. I took a while looking at being a consultant like you I have been a member for a while and wasn't sure if I needed to be closer to my target weight. I know you do not need to be at trget weight its not compulsory however the do have a weight category you need to fall in. It might be worth finding out if your consultant or the team developer knows also you can find this out at the ops event. You may be okay or they may ask you to keep going and try again in a bit. Also you can find out what time of classes are available in you area at the time.

Hope that helps :)

Hi there
Vanessa 

Oh I looked out my list -
Secrets of success 1 and 2
complete new member pack (consultant copy)
Free 2 go information (ie bmi wheel/young member booklet / gp guide)
Outline only of room layout
Completed plan for success dreams pages,stages and century pages
key polices for new consultant letter and information
secrets of success advanced building your business booklet
completed genuine food diary as a member (which I have only just remembered about oh balls!!!) Anyone know if its one food diary or all 4?

it won't matter. It's your personality they are looking for in the interviews, they do advise you to put your own journey first though, as it wouldn't be fair on you to end up struggling they want the best for you. Do you think you could get the last three stone off being a consultant? Some people do! I'm not one of them lol I am a target member, I've really struggled since becoming a consultant! I struggled with target anyway, then taking on a group made me busier, tired, a little stressed at times and I'm a big comfort eater. I'm getting myself back on track now though, I never stopped going to group myself which I think is important as im only a few lbs out of my target, I can imagine it being a stone or so if I hadnt! X

So good reading how excited you all are! I joined at the same time as Rochelle and I too found this forum MASSIVELY helpful in my decision making! Your first 3 months are absolute chaos but I can safely say I absolutely love my new role as consultant and hope to wean off my full time job by the end of this year.

You need to be strong, patient and know that this is absolutely what you want. If you are then you will get through those first 3 hectic months!

Good luck to you all!!!!!

X

Hi All,
This thread has been amazingly helpful - thank you all for sharing your stories :)
Having been a SW member for 2 and a half years (4 and a half stone loss) I went along to the Opps event at the weekend.
I work full time for a large company, so my main motivation was an job to help others. As all of you know,you can't stop talking about the benefits of SW when your life has been changed so I thought I could make something of this. The event was interesting, and I came away full of it - but when I ran it all past my partner, he was very alarmed by the licence fee. So I've set about making my business plan to try and establish how I could earn this money back - if at all!!

I am looking at taking over my existing group, as our consultant is temporary whilst they search for someone to take over. The group currently has average of 40 weighing members per week - does anybody know if these would become "my" members over time? Or is your commision based on purely the "new" members as a result of your own promtional activities? Obviously these existing members would make a big difference to my figures and retaining them would only make me 30 new members away from looking at a double session - again, a game changer.

Any advice much appreciated :)

How much does it cost to become a slimming World consultant and do you have to pay it all up front, considering doing it thanks for any advice x

Hi All,
This thread has been amazingly helpful - thank you all for sharing your stories :)
Having been a SW member for 2 and a half years (4 and a half stone loss) I went along to the Opps event at the weekend.
I work full time for a large company, so my main motivation was an job to help others. As all of you know,you can't stop talking about the benefits of SW when your life has been changed so I thought I could make something of this. The event was interesting, and I came away full of it - but when I ran it all past my partner, he was very alarmed by the licence fee. So I've set about making my business plan to try and establish how I could earn this money back - if at all!!

I am looking at taking over my existing group, as our consultant is temporary whilst they search for someone to take over. The group currently has average of 40 weighing members per week - does anybody know if these would become "my" members over time? Or is your commision based on purely the "new" members as a result of your own promtional activities? Obviously these existing members would make a big difference to my figures and retaining them would only make me 30 new members away from looking at a double session - again, a game changer.

Any advice much appreciated :)

yes they would be your members straight away. I took over my group. Only thing I would say think carefully if you work full time as it is manic to start with. I started Jan and it's just calming down now and I don't work full time. X

How much does it cost to become a slimming World consultant and do you have to pay it all up front, considering doing it thanks for any advice x
It's been mentioned a few times in the thread it's now £1500 plus various other costs including setting up Group - boxes, cash tins etc plus travel and hotels when at training. Yes has to be paid up front. I was very wary beforehand but am loving it x

It's been mentioned a few times in the thread it's now £1500 plus various other costs including setting up Group - boxes, cash tins etc plus travel and hotels when at training. Yes has to be paid up front. I was very wary beforehand but am loving it x

Hi Thanks dancingsan i only found thread yesterday and haven't finished going through all the posts. Yes it seems like a large outlay if it doesn't work out but we don't have a sliming world group within easy access in my area. you have to go 30mins to get there x

yes they would be your members straight away. I took over my group. Only thing I would say think carefully if you work full time as it is manic to start with. I started Jan and it's just calming down now and I don't work full time. X

When you say manic, was the with promoting the group or preparing for group? Had a chat with the DM yesterday and wrote down all of the regular meeting times so I can factor in a diary of how this would work for me along time my full time job as part of my "business plan."
The group i am looking to take over is the group I currently attend and there were 9 new members last night with no promotion at all!!
Anyway, I've got the interview next Thursday so I'll continue fact gathering and business plan creating until then!!

Hi Thanks dancingsan i only found thread yesterday and haven't finished going through all the posts. Yes it seems like a large outlay if it doesn't work out but we don't have a sliming world group within easy access in my area. you have to go 30mins to get there x
sounds ideal. Will take a while to read it all! X

When you say manic, was the with promoting the group or preparing for group? Had a chat with the DM yesterday and wrote down all of the regular meeting times so I can factor in a diary of how this would work for me along time my full time job as part of my "business plan."
The group i am looking to take over is the group I currently attend and there were 9 new members last night with no promotion at all!!
Anyway, I've got the interview next Thursday so I'll continue fact gathering and business plan creating until then!!
for me I started Jan and had 42 new members first week and 22 second. You then have to load everyone's rnrollment form on and then for four weeks you will have what food diaries are handed in. That all takes a lot of time as you are still learning what's where and what you are looking for. Until you get into a routine things take longer but you gradually get a routine Kline to start with I counted the money tin then before group sorted the float so counting it twice. Now did it in one hit. You are tired after first few groups and just pack away anyhow and having to sort it all out in right boxes next daybut now take time at venue to count stock and out everything in right boxes do it can go straight away. You are setting up FB pages, Twitter, visuals and it all takes time. Now it's all set up I have free SW days. It's becausevyou are learning so much and things take longer. It took me most of a day to load 42 new on as I kept missing bits out now getting 2/3 new a week it takes minutes. I don't want to put you off just want you to be sure you can fit it in as a lot in my training struggled that worked full time. Always happy to answer your queries x

for me I started Jan and had 42 new members first week and 22 second. You then have to load everyone's rnrollment form on and then for four weeks you will have what food diaries are handed in. That all takes a lot of time as you are still learning what's where and what you are looking for. Until you get into a routine things take longer but you gradually get a routine Kline to start with I counted the money tin then before group sorted the float so counting it twice. Now did it in one hit. You are tired after first few groups and just pack away anyhow and having to sort it all out in right boxes next daybut now take time at venue to count stock and out everything in right boxes do it can go straight away. You are setting up FB pages, Twitter, visuals and it all takes time. Now it's all set up I have free SW days. It's becausevyou are learning so much and things take longer. It took me most of a day to load 42 new on as I kept missing bits out now getting 2/3 new a week it takes minutes. I don't want to put you off just want you to be sure you can fit it in as a lot in my training struggled that worked full time. Always happy to answer your queries x

Not at all - I really appreciate it. It's good to get a rounded view and I need to take all this in to account. The group id take over is on a Thursday and fortunately I work until midday on a Friday so i have got a nice bit of time there. Is there a lot of uploading to do after group or just new members?
Even if I am successful at interview I couldn't make the May pre-training session as I'm on holiday, so I'll be looking at relaunching during the peak of holiday season which won't be so ideal i guess. We are getting 40-45 existing members at the moment. Lots to consider that's for sure x

Congratulations on becoming a consultant. At leats you're drawing a line under your hectic time and concentrating on getting back on track. I'm sure you'll manage it no problem with all if the adice that you'll be dishing out :)

Back