A diary of a slimming world consultant

Not at all - I really appreciate it. It's good to get a rounded view and I need to take all this in to account. The group id take over is on a Thursday and fortunately I work until midday on a Friday so i have got a nice bit of time there. Is there a lot of uploading to do after group or just new members?
Even if I am successful at interview I couldn't make the May pre-training session as I'm on holiday, so I'll be looking at relaunching during the peak of holiday season which won't be so ideal i guess. We are getting 40-45 existing members at the moment. Lots to consider that's for sure x

no not much just when you have a lot of new members. doesnt take long once you get the hang of it x

Hi everyone, just joined and popping on to introduce myself! Been a SW member for just over a year and have lost 2.5 stone- been at target since last October and absolutely love SW and believe in it 110%. Attended an Opp event yesterday and have put my name down, so expecting a phone call tomorrow or Tue. I'm going between really excited/ nervous about future prospects, to wondering what they'll ask me at interview and wondering whether I'll be accepted or not/ whether I'd be a good enough consultant/ extrovert enough etc- looks like quite a few very keen people on here haven't 'passed' the interview stage. Will keep you posted....and if I get through, will no doubt pick all your brains on the process/ sequence of events that follows- seems like a bit of a whirlwind! Nice to 'meet' you all and read everyone's experiences :)

Hi Everyone, ive just been reading through all of these posts and wondered if anyone can help me, im very interested i being a consultant and im going to an opportunities event friday evening, if i got through i would ideally be taking over a group and just wondered if you could tell me roughly how much i would earn a month for having roughly 70 members....its just i would have to borrow the money to start up and wanted to know realistically how much i could pay back per month. i know it wouldn't be an exact figure bt a rough estimate would be great. Thanks :)

Hi everyone I'm new to this! I have had a 40 min phone call today and at the end was invited for an interview next week! They have an opening and a venue arranged (which I can actually see from my house) just need a consultant! So nervous about starting a group from scratch if I did get the chance! Anyone els done this? Any tips?

Hi Jadeeyre, well done on being invited to interview!! I'm still waiting anxiously on my phone interview after attending the opp event on Saturday. I didn't realise it could last as long! Any tips?? Good luck with the next step! Sounds very exciting and so handy for you x

Thanks evarose! How did you find the op event? Where abouts in the country are you? I'm so nervous about next week but they said they already have a venue secured so just looking for a consultant to fill it, I can see it from my house so would be so ideal!!

Oh and as for tips, it's just an informal chat about where you are in your journey if you have support at home and where the local groups in your area are that need consultants! Just be confident and chatty I think that's what they look for, someone who can talk to anyone! Hehe

I'm in Renfrewshire in Scotland. Had phone interview last night and it went well- face to face interview on 16th. Where are you? When is your interview? X

Hi abbyrachel, I can't help you with your query but keep us posted about how you get on at the event- they could prob answer it for you there x

Ahhh brilliant well done!!! Do you know when your training will be if you're accepted? I'm on holiday for the next one so will have to wait (boooooo) do you know if you will be taking over an existing group or opening a new one? Exciting times ahead! My interview is on the 12th. I'm from Norfolk so a long way from you! Xx

Last edited:
Hi, I'm not sure where potential group would be or whether it would be new or existing- lots of unknowns- a bit scary!! I didn't ask about the training dates but wouldn't be in a position to start until August when my hours at work reduce- so I'd imagine I would book onto training for July/ start of August? When do you think you'll be going then if successful? Good luck again and let us know how you get on x

They have said I will be in Derbyshire training on 26/27/28 June if successful and my launch night would be 30th July!! Bloody scary that it all happens so quick and would be even sooner if I wasn't on holiday in June! I still get the odd doubt if I'm doing the right thing but I think unless I try il never know!

Hi everyone I'm new to this! I have had a 40 min phone call today and at the end was invited for an interview next week! They have an opening and a venue arranged (which I can actually see from my house) just need a consultant! So nervous about starting a group from scratch if I did get the chance! Anyone els done this? Any tips?

Hiya, I haven't posted for a while but still check in now and again. I started a group from scratch and on Wk1 had 21 New members (between Xmas and new year) then another 47 the week after new year and by week 3 had to go to a double session as 79 was too many (and everybody was new!) first nights weighing I was still happening at 10pm but the atmosphere was electric and I was just buzzing.

Go for it I would say, I was worried about starting a new group and ideally would have wanted to relaunch but so glad I opened a new group.

I also worked full time and the start up phase as Sandra said was hard work but I would not have changed it for the world as from Monday Slimming World is now my full time career. It really is amazing, you will love It providing you are ready for a manic three months with training and promotion etc. That hard work at the beginning will pay off and then your routine will kick in!

Best of luck! :) xx

Ahhh Thankyou so much!!! It's just worrying as Id be launching 30th July which is the begginning of the school hols and I know our group is quieter then so may have an impact! Wow your first few weeks sound amazing, did u have to enrol all the members details into the system before you could weigh them? And how did u manage to get a social team on ur first night? Sorry for so many questions xxx

Just got back from mine! Was fine, really casual! I'm guessing if you get offered a consultant job you will be on the 12/13/14 June trainjng which is the ones I can't make as we are on holiday! how exciting! Good luck!!! P.s where abouts are you from in Norfolk?

Just got back from mine! Was fine, really casual! I'm guessing if you get offered a consultant job you will be on the 12/13/14 June trainjng which is the ones I can't make as we are on holiday! how exciting! Good luck!!! P.s where abouts are you from in Norfolk?

I also cant make the 12,13,14th if i get offered a place so will be at a later one :) I live in Beccles in North Suffolk but attend a Norfolk group xx

Back