A diary of a slimming world consultant

It's not all about the editorial, some of the new consultants I know didn't do one. It's about what you can bring to the members.
xx

I don't have a venue yet which makes planning leafleting a bit of a pain. I gave my team developer a list of local potential venues so hopefully she will be able to negotiate something soon. (Bless her she's not been well)

Have a leafleting posse and I'm trying to dream up places to put posters. On the plus side my scout group are having a jumble sale two weeks before my opening week and as the secretary I should be able to blag a table for ops....

Yes must be hard not knowing the venue yet. Good luck with your promoting, with a new group that's the hardest part I guess, getting the word out.

I saw the team developer last night who was at the opportunity event but she didn't say anything to me so I think probably they are thinking not the right time. No worries loved SW for many years. It's just about the saturation of groups by the time I get (assuming get accepted) in my area. However they do now have the confidence to open in villages rather than just big towns.

Will continue to enjoy reading the thread. X

There is only room for a Saturday morning group in the town nearest me as everyday there is between one and three groups held daily in the town but maybe room for more in the second nearest town (I'm in the middle so easy to get to both). My consultant was interested in the Saturday as she started in September and wants to expand but needs consistency.

It is disappointing to not hear back after showing interest, although she did telephone whilst I was out but hubby just said someone from Slimming World called so no message. I have found the mobile number that called and texted to ask if any point in applying in the future. See what she says!

How is the venue hunting going? Can be a nightmare getting a venue available 52 weeks. Sister in laws Group had to move 3 times a year because of blood donor sessions and one year the hall just kicked out SW and booked a party in (guess the party brought more money for them)! Without actually telling consultant. Luckily other members were aware so able to sort.

I've made a list of potential places and given it to my team developer. She will have a look into them and work out where would be the most viable. They will all be super close to me either way as there is a serious lack of groups in my area. It's a good catchment area

That sounds really hopeful for a good turnout once you have your group then. Getting and keep 70 members is the key. Something I think any consultant would hope for although not always possible in some areas. The worst thing is having your licence removed if you can't get the numbers past first level. Must be gutting having felt you have done everything but the members don't come. Bet you are looking forward to training now.

Yay, area manager just rang following my text. Result is that she is sending Me an application form and going from there. Happier now I have had contact. Now I need to work out when I want to be at target and where that target is. That's my motivation for getting that weight off and getting to target.

That's great news!

Yes I'm really looking forward to training, it's less than two weeks to pre training and I've booked my tickets and hotel for the training days. Plus side is there is a gym so I'll be able to still get my bit of weekend exercise in

Is pre training where you sign your contact and pay your franchise fee? Is it the Derbyshire you are booked into? I should imagine that after the days training the evening could be rather boring, I don't do the gym because we live 30 mins away from the nearest so takes far too much time. I do Jillian Michaels DVD but also have insanity and T25. Need to get fitter before I attempt the last two again! You don't realise how unfit you are until you start a fitness plan. I used to go running but being in the countryside with lack of pavement and the local council turning off the street lights in the budget cuts where there is paving I am not bothering running.

yep pre-training for contracts and franchise payments. I booked the Derbyshire and i'm going the night before hand. my consultant said you have homework each night but I run 5k in about 30 mins and it helps me clear my head so i'll take the runners and a change of clothes with me. that's a real shame about the council turning the lights off. I tend to run outside but being in town that's not a problem for me. hopefully when it gets lighter you will be able to get out.

So I just learned that as from 1 February the amount of paying members you need to achieve your levels has increased. I know that where it was 50 to get 45%, it is now 55. I just feel disappointed that 8 days before this change came into force, at the opportunity event, we were not given the latest information. Not sure of the other levels, will have to speak to team leader. Around this area, you are lucky to get 50 so 55 is probably not achievable. Seriously considering if this is for me.

No they have standard earnings ratios for UK anyway. Not sure about Europe. We are one of the most deprived areas and sadly no Slimming world on referral either. However not sure what happens for the consultant numbers regards Slimming world on referral, that's a question I would be asking if pursuing, just in case the local health authority did use SW.

Pre training done and contracts signed and exchanged. That's it I'm officially a slimming world consultant in training. My team developer and I have a pretty good plan in place for my promotion and the family are all nicely involved. Just clock watching now til training the first weekend in March

Yay, well done Ellie. So pleased all is full steam ahead now. Bet your are excited. That means you will be getting your SW delivery with all your materials etc. Hope you have made room!

Fab news Ellie - exciting times!
Well, I went to the Opps Event last weekend with my hubby - who also goes to SW with me. We both came out of it even more passionate about it than we did when we arrived.
I have my interview on 1st March and wondered if any of you could give me some tips on the questions they are likely to ask to help me to prepare?!
Thanks in advance x

It's more of a chat if I'm honest, they will ask about your journey, they are looking for empathy and heart. No judgement and a understanding of the plan, you'll do fine!

Back