A diary of a slimming world consultant

To be perfectly honest I would recommend going to your next opportunity event. They will go into details about what it costs and how much you pay back even if it's not the right time now it will answer you questions

Thanks for your reply Ellie, I went to the opportunity event yesterday morning. However after posting I went through all my notes and found the section on the stages - less than 25 new members is stage 1 and 25% of takings after venue rent etc so I guess that answers my question! I didn't even remember writing that lol

Hi Sophie, how odd they didn't say. I went to an opps event 23rd January and although they did say at that time the rates per paying person changed 1St February which they didn't announce so you are probably best to go to the team Manager for advice. Not sure if would be fair to list on here. Magazines AND bars sale or return so no upfront cost. Only thing you pay for upfront is books & get a small discount on rrp. Besides that your takings for weigh in are reduced by the rent & then you get the appropriate percentage based on the pay structure.
Hi all, brand new here!First post....! I've spent the best part of the day going through old posts after my events meeting this morning. I'm all for becoming a consultant and well aware of the hard work that it's involved, I'm also willing to cut hours at my current job if necessary. I'm 3st away from target and mid-wedding planning so I'm not in the right place for it at the moment but I know this is what I want to do and I will give it 100%. I just have a question for recent consultants - the franchise will cost 1,700 -1,800 all in including insurance advertising etc etc but there's been no mention of how much SW take as a % from what's left of your takings after outgoings? I've heard the only thing you pay to SW after franchise is the stock you order (books, magazines, hifi's) and then I've heard that you have to pay a certain amount back to them on top of franchise and stock. Can someone help me out???

So I'm on day 3 of promotion and most of my posters are out, I'm social media posting and have a solid plan for my leaflets. And I'm knackered already! Spent this afternoon doing stock lists and sorting out my izettle to make things quicker on the card payments and doing price tags for everything.
Tomorrow is more posters and hopefully hearing about 2 community events and then my driving lesson right in the middle of it lol
Roll on the 31st

Oh my goodness Ellie, you are a busy lady. No SW consultants around here accept card payments. Do the providers take much %?

I struggled finding homes for 1000 leaflets I posted pre election in May and it took forever but I did it on my own. Dislike long drives, snappy letter boxes, draught excludes on letter boxes and little dogs jumping up to bite your hand on the other side of the letter box!

Good luck lovely. :)

Finally finished thread!
Sounds like you're doing well Ellie!!
So I'm still determined to become a consultant after reading everything I think I'd have a great chance of making it work, my current group is 30mins away and that's my closest, another group 35mins away, plus there's 2 whole estates that don't have a group at all and they're well populated areas. I've already been looking for possible venues and I haven't even applied yet. Looking at applying once I've got to target 2 1/2 st to go, hoping to get there by september, and also going to learn to drive as I don't have anyone that could drive me every week (OH works shifts) but there's no harm in doing home work before hand is there? Franchise money will be there when I need it, and I only work 3 days (15hrs) but am MORE than willing to lose that WHEN I'm financially able to.

Hi just read som of the posts going right back to 2012 Rosie's journey I have been excepted as a Slimmingworld consultant last week I have received my pre training pack booked hotel for 3 day training on 1,2,3 April at HQ and am of work tomorrow so hopefully get my online exam completed if I can find out my code are there any other lovely people out there at this stage x

Wow it's an amazing experience from start to finish, opened this week and am still in shock lol went really well and got good numbers so I'm looking forward to next week and hopefully some cracking losses

I've read all posts in this thread over the last couple of days!I feel like I've learnt so much!Im really considering applying to be a consultant.I love sw!!!I joined 7 months ago and I've lost 3 1/2 stone and I'm now at my target.
One part that is stopping me at the moment is the financial side.How much does it cost to buy the franchise etc?

I've read all posts in this thread over the last couple of days!I feel like I've learnt so much!Im really considering applying to be a consultant.I love sw!!!I joined 7 months ago and I've lost 3 1/2 stone and I'm now at my target.
One part that is stopping me at the moment is the financial side.How much does it cost to buy the franchise etc?

I would recommend heading to a consultant opportunity event as its much easier to get all the information from the horses mouth. The cost could change and then you'd get the wrong info x

I've spent most of the last few days reading almost all of this thread. I went to an ops event in August, waited a couple of nerve-wracking weeks to hear from them, and was finally offered an interview this Thursday 22nd. Really excited and getting nervous. Have filled out the application form, found my before photos (really gross) and written pages of notes. I've tried to come up with the questions that I will expect them to ask and written answers to them, so I just need to swot up as I won't have my notes with me in the interview! Thank you to all who have contributed to this thread, it has been illuminating. I am a bit concerned about it being stressful, but on the other hand it sounds sooo exciting. I shall go to the interview and give it my all - desperately hoping they accept me
Clare

I've spent most of the last few days reading almost all of this thread. I went to an ops event in August, waited a couple of nerve-wracking weeks to hear from them, and was finally offered an interview this Thursday 22nd. Really excited and getting nervous. Have filled out the application form, found my before photos (really gross) and written pages of notes. I've tried to come up with the questions that I will expect them to ask and written answers to them, so I just need to swot up as I won't have my notes with me in the interview! Thank you to all who have contributed to this thread, it has been illuminating. I am a bit concerned about it being stressful, but on the other hand it sounds sooo exciting. I shall go to the interview and give it my all - desperately hoping they accept me
Clare
Hi Clare

I was like you end of 2014 and have contributed back here. I was concerned too snd didn't know what to do. It is hard work at first but I'm now 18 months in and love it. I have about 100 members a week and am just moving to a bigger venue this week. Go for it. Just be you at interview and how passionate you are about SW it's more of a chat than an interview. Good luck. Sandra x

Clare
Good luck. If you really want it don't give up. I have known people refused first time but accepted 2nd time. Also group numbers may vary depending where you live. None of the day or night groups where I live have gone much over 50 but live in an area where 50% of population on benefits of one sort.

Good luck.

Hi all, just read through this whole MASSIVE thread (thanks Rosie for starting it!), as I'm pre training in Nov for a Jan start as a consultant.

Lost 5 stone in 8 months without a gain or a maintain, and my TD's been so helpful - went to check out a venue she'd found the other week and it's perfect! Can't wait to get started!

Just wondering if anyone else from here is training at HO the first weekend of Dec?

Back