A diary of a slimming world consultant

Not had my interview yet - it's the day after tomorrow, so don't even know if I'll be accepted, but if I am I understand training may be in December - so possibly! I'll keep you posted, it would be nice to meet up if we are there together.

Thank you EmFromBristol. Eeek... it's tomorrow! Getting real now. I was awake just after 5 this morning, so goodness knows how much sleep I'll get tonight. Spent most of the day reading my food optimising book and notes (when I should be getting the house ready for visitors arriving on Friday...) I have loads of questions I want to ask at the interview, I hope they don't mind!
Clare

It went ok, I think. I didn't get to ask many questions though, but I think they liked the fact that I had already written down my ideas for group and places to promote it. They say they'll let me know by Monday, so I'm trying not to get too anxious! If I get through, pre-training is on 2nd October and Days 1,2 & 3 at HO will be on the 18th, 19th and 20th November with a view to opening at the beginning of January.

Woohoo! Just heard I've got it! Not sure about group yet, but it doesn't matter - I'm in. Negotiated a different date for pre-training as I have a band engagement on Sunday and I don't want to let them down, so that may impact on HO dates too, but will still be in group first week in January. Very happy!

Woohoo! Just heard I've got it! Not sure about group yet, but it doesn't matter - I'm in. Negotiated a different date for pre-training as I have a band engagement on Sunday and I don't want to let them down, so that may impact on HO dates too, but will still be in group first week in January. Very happy!
Well done really pleased for you.

Food update:

I had scan bran cake and toffee yoghurt and banana for breakfast. Half a chocolate for 1.5 syns and a hi fi light bar.

Lunch was savoury rice with 1/4 of melon and a muller Greek yoghurt for half a syn

Sw update: 20 boxes of stock has just arrived at my house. Got to find space for it!!
Congratulations on becoming a consultant... I'm 4 months in and feel so strongly about SW I'm telling everyone (although that just means more accountability). :oops::D

My scan bran cake attempt was half disastrous! it had a nice top by the inside was too wet (and not coming away from the sides of the bowl like it was supposed to, so kept putting it in the microwave for way longer than the recipe said to. Do you have any tips? I was thinking of using half the amount of yogurt, but reluctant to try and waste it again.

Best wishes with your training... I'll try to follow you, I only just signed up and you're my first post so not sure how this works yet :)

Hi,

congratulation on becoming a consultant Nuppit!

Sorry for bothering you but I have few questions concerning SW.

Slimming world is great! I wanted to try the program after giving birth to my second child Charly.

And I think I would like to become a consultant one day but I dont have any clue what I should do.
Can you tell me more about what you had to do to get it please?
Has it been a good experience for you??

Thank you so much Nuppit!

Curly

Hi,

congratulation on becoming a consultant Nuppit!

Sorry for bothering you but I have few questions concerning SW.

Slimming world is great! I wanted to try the program after giving birth to my second child Charly.

And I think I would like to become a consultant one day but I dont have any clue what I should do.
Can you tell me more about what you had to do to get it please?
Has it been a good experience for you??

Thank you so much Nuppit!

Curly

Food update:

I had scan bran cake and toffee yoghurt and banana for breakfast. Half a chocolate for 1.5 syns and a hi fi light bar.

Lunch was savoury rice with 1/4 of melon and a muller Greek yoghurt for half a syn

Sw update: 20 boxes of stock has just arrived at my house. Got to find space for it!!
Good luck I did slimming world years ago and want to start again as I am now disabled it will be at home , I originally got to target and now have 18lb to lose. I have the new books but can't get my head around it at all so will be doing red and green if I can find the basics as have forgotten what the pack contained. I am trying to get hold of the old books but will be following your diary for sure even if I get hold of them. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Does anyone still use this thread? Just read the whole thing and wondered how everyone was doing and if people were still consultants? I have an interview this Thursday x

I also wondered this as I may be interested in being a consultant in the future. I've been reading the thread and am still only about page 50. I would love to see updates on the consultants....which ones stayed and if any decided not to do it. Its difficult to find information about consultant experiences anywhere. Hope your interview goes well Binkles! :)

Hiya I just wondered how things turned out for you and if you're still running your own group ? X

I also wondered this as I may be interested in being a consultant in the future. I've been reading the thread and am still only about page 50. I would love to see updates on the consultants....which ones stayed and if any decided not to do it. Its difficult to find information about consultant experiences anywhere. Hope your interview goes well Binkles! :)
Thankyou Kimberly! I can't wait! I'd love to hear how everyone ended up as well after reading the whole thread!!! Haha x

I sure wish this thread would pick up again. Would love to know if any of the consultants are still going and see some of the up and coming consultants stories.

Still only on page 25 of this but it's very interesting and some good tips on how to get started!! I had my interview last Friday and got accepted on Tuesday woooo!! They've told me pre training will be on the 6th and training won't be until the 23rd, anyone else on here going to be there too? Good luck at your interview today Binkles!! x

Yay congratulations Nic_sw!!! Thank you it's not till 3 so the day is going to drag! Yes this thread is definitely interesting, took me ages to read it all if I'm successful my pre-training will be 5th and training on the 23rd too

Back