A diary of a slimming world consultant

Yay congratulations Nic_sw!!! Thank you it's not till 3 so the day is going to drag! Yes this thread is definitely interesting, took me ages to read it all if I'm successful my pre-training will be 5th and training on the 23rd too
Thankyou :) you will be fine, they asked me if I had thought about promotion luckily I had my book with me showing where I wanted to leaflet etc where are you from? Oo how exciting we will be in training together x

Thanks I hope so! Oh good I've written that all down too! Yay might get to see you then! Have you decided where you're going to stay for training? I'm in Hampshire near Basingstoke how about you? X

Congrats Nic and good luck Binkles. Please let us know how it goes. What questions did they ask you and how long was the interview? How many people are there?

Just finished reading this thread as I came across it when looking for info on becoming a consultant myself :)
They just emailed me back asking for more info so they can invite me to a open evening type event. I'm quite impatient so wanted to ask people what the current franchise fees are and what the process of become a consultant is, do they do credit checks( I assume they do) and how long on average the whole process takes :)

Just finished reading this thread as I came across it when looking for info on becoming a consultant myself :)
They just emailed me back asking for more info so they can invite me to a open evening type event. I'm quite impatient so wanted to ask people what the current franchise fees are and what the process of become a consultant is, do they do credit checks( I assume they do) and how long on average the whole process takes :)

Good luck with your pursuit of the consultancy position. Let us know how it goes. I'd be interested in what the fees are as well. Last I read they were £1500 and the trainings had changed from three -2 day sessions. Then I saw two-3 day sessions. Good luck!

Kimberly

Well I had my interview yesterday just got to wait to hear back now. Should be today if not by Monday. Steffilove87 I went to an opportunity event 2 weeks ago and just had my interview, if I get the thumbs up I'll be signing Contracts and paying fees (which yep are still about 1500) on Sunday the 5th. My first training course will be 23rd-25th of March and group would open week commencing 17th of April. So it is quite a speedy process! X

Congrats Nic and good luck Binkles. Please let us know how it goes. What questions did they ask you and how long was the interview? How many people are there?
Kimberly there were 2 people I my interview. The district manager and one of her team developers, they asked about my life and my weight loss journey, about my group and it's members, about how my food has changed and my life, my work, the promotion stuff and my support system at home x

Ah see that's the only thing that might stop me :( I had an ex work up quite a lot of debt in my name. Hopefully I can sort it as I really want to become a consultant

I also wondered about the credit checks. I am an expat (from the US) I've been here almost 3 years. I have my name on one bill.....the water and I am in the process of trying to open a bank account. I'm not sure if this will be enough to establish my credit. Before, in this thread, they said that it is mainly to make sure you dont have any charge offs etc. That is something they check while doing to visa process, so hopefully I will be okay.

I also wondered about the credit checks. I am an expat (from the US) I've been here almost 3 years. I have my name on one bill.....the water and I am in the process of trying to open a bank account. I'm not sure if this will be enough to establish my credit. Before, in this thread, they said that it is mainly to make sure you dont have any charge offs etc. That is something they check while doing to visa process, so hopefully I will be okay.
Charge offs?

I don't know what you guys call it here. Where you've incurred debts that did not get paid and they go to collection etc. But honestly, I would like to know more about what they check for on credit. It's been a while since this thread was very active.

I don't know what you guys call it here. Where you've incurred debts that did not get paid and they go to collection etc. But honestly, I would like to know more about what they check for on credit. It's been a while since this thread was very active.
Oh ok thanks for clarifying :)
This is something I'm quite passionate about doing and I just hope that it's not going to be ruined! The debt wasn't mine even though it's in my name and I am paying it off as I want my name cleared.
I have a credit card and mobile phone contract which I pay off on time and in full so hopefully that works in my favour and improves my credit

Oh ok thanks for clarifying :)
This is something I'm quite passionate about doing and I just hope that it's not going to be ruined! The debt wasn't mine even though it's in my name and I am paying it off as I want my name cleared.
I have a credit card and mobile phone contract which I pay off on time and in full so hopefully that works in my favour and improves my credit

I am sure you will be just fine. I know how frustrating it can be having your credit ruined. Keep moving forward. It will all work out in the end. :)

I think most of the initial ones are no longer on the thread. I was up to about 158 or so. Amongst it all though, you get a good idea about the whole process from excited anticipation to reality setting in. Apparently some have carried on and love it. Others were surprised at the amount of time it takes. Would be interesting to see some new perspectives.

Back