A diary of a slimming world consultant

There isn't a green grocers near my venue. I managed 2 pubs a kebab shop Chinese take away 2 gyms library news agents hair dressers and wait rose. I need to find another like 40!!

I know, 50 places seems a hell of a lot to me! i only live in a tiny country town, there are no gyms, nor a high school so not sure how I'm gonna get rid of 50!!

High schools or staff rooms don't even count either. And I put up about 5 posters in one pub and it only counts as one. I didn't know it would be so hard!!

When is your opening night Rosie?
mine is 30th January. I expect you get to start much earlier in January so you will catch all of the new year resolution folk! lucky you. I will prob miss the boat there as people keen to start may go elsewhere

When is your opening night Rosie?
mine is 30th January. I expect you get to start much earlier in January so you will catch all of the new year resolution folk! lucky you. I will prob miss the boat there as people keen to start may go elsewhere

You never know... I've always started the end of Jan because I never have money at the start of the month :) this thread is really interesting think I would have to get a loan out tho hehe xx

31st of December? or January?

Thanks Brittany you're right tho, some people do wait until the end of the month, to make sure theyve finished off all the christmas temptations

Thats a fantastic time to start, lucky you! I bet you'll do amazing and get loads of new starters on that day. Is it a new class or are u taking over an existing one? x

Yep I have a full time job too. It's an existing group with about 5 members so I'm practically starting afresh. I'm not expecting that many that night to b honest

For your posters, what about churches, bakers, colleges, work place, friends car windows, friends workplaces it sounds harder than you had imagined but im sure you will do it girls

For the 50 to count it has to be facing the public. Putting them in car counts as a community activity not my 50 posters. It's just too much lol

Oh dear sounds like a poster nightmare! Surely if you have covered absolutely everywhere possible and your TD can't come up with any other ideas then that will be good enough.

My TD has warned me that getting establishments to agree to put posters up is quite difficult, I'm not looking forward to that bit!

Hey I was so excited reading your story and angry at the ******* stealing your stuff! I can't believe someone would steal a load of slimming world stuff. It'd be so funny if they were overweight - not funny enough to account for what they did!

I hope it all goes well for you. It sounds so scary and exciting. I love the pictures of the loos!

If it helps anyone I (along with others I imagine) had to wait a couple of weeks for my nhs vouchers to come through so it was past half way through the month before I joined up. So don't feel you are missing out on the new years crowd :)

Re posters, what about any petrol stations, post offices, taxi ranks, public toilets? I never saw ANY posters before joining... Oh, you could speak to local Drs surgeries, especially if they are in a trust that do the referral scheme. People reducing their weight to a healthy range could save the NHS millions so it makes sense.

Hope you manage to take time out for yourself & your food :)

My new laptop still isnt here and I am doing a handover with the old consultant at group tomorrow so I can access data to text all the old members!!

So sorry to hear that some scumbag stole your stuff. What is wrong with some people!? I'm glad it can be replaced.

Posters, eeek. The only Sw poster I have ever seen is in a post office. Most people check online to find a group. Ask the changeover consultant where she put her posters.

I look online but see posters in my gps - they do referral .. Local shops hospitals sw venues work staff rooms .. Ur car window? Good luck Hun hope u get ur lap top soon xx ask members to take posters do leafleting etc for you too most are happy to help out xx

Back