Attack A few doubts

Antomhic

Right, I am on day 4 of the Attack phase. After one day I lost 2lbs, then 1, today I was slightly up (not even half a pound, mind you). What I noticed yesterday is that I ate slightly less, as I felt fuller. However, I had my three meals and my two snacks as follows:

B: 2 fillets of salmon

S: nearly a full tub of Quark (total tub 250gr) with oatbran

Lunch: 2 fillets of trout, steamed

Snack : remainder of Quark tub

Dinner: plate of mince with two tbsp of Onken yogurt

I drank well over 2 lt of water/coffee/Coke zero

My questions are:

1) I only managed to walk for an hour on Monday. Tue and Wed could not manage it due to kids and commitments. Could this have contributed to the weight gain?

2) The above menu is all I can eat - is that too little and if so, how can I diversify the menu so that I fit more?

3) Even without the weight gain, I feel the weight loss is very slow, compared to what the book says should happen during Attack. Is this normal?

4) Given my Stats, for how long should I continue Attack?

I have been taking some Colon Cleanse tablets from Holland and Barrett to help me and also some Berocca Boost. Would they be a no no?

Thanks for any light you can shed.

I'll be interested in your replies. The same has happened to me since monday, 1 lb lost then went back on again so overall same after 4 days. Found out I had low fat cottage cheese instead of no fat, although have still only eaten half the tub as having a tablespoon at a time (don't really like it!). I had already lost my water weight with Atkins though. Good luck and lets keep going another couple of days!

On the latest official live chat they advise someone not to have more than 3 cans pepsi max per day.

Don't worry about little fluctuations - they happen. perhaps try weighing less often - not every day.

Onken yoghurt - have you checked the ingredients for hidden sugars?

If you go to the official site it will tell you how long to stay on Attack for - longer is not necessarily better.

The Dukan Diet: Diets for Quick Weight Loss, Diet menus to help you lose weight (the chat is the moving box on the right hand side - the advice does vary!)

Click on calculate my true weight and it will tell you how long to stay on Attack.

Check the tablets for hidden nasties such as sugars, citric acid etc.

m-mouse - you're right about the hidden sugars, the Onken yogurt has 9.4g per 150gr, basically all the carbs content is sugar! However, this was suggested in several fora, I am totally lost now! What brand do you all buy?
Coke zero - it has 1 cal per 250ml, I figure this is in line with what is said on the book, one calorie per glass, and also because Dukan himself mentioned both Diet Coke and Coke Zero in the book as being allowed.
Must be the bloody yogurt then, what do you think?

The mince - was it lowest fat?
Definitely check those tablets for hidden nasties.

Questions back to you:
- Are you drinking plenty of water?
- Are you at the wrong time of month? (no need to reply but our weight does fluctuate at such times)
- Are you constipated (ditto)
- Are you using a lot of salt? do you use stockcubes or oxo? what sort of flavourings are you using on your meat, if any?

He recommends 20 mins walk a day. Try to fit it in if you can. It very soon becomes a necessity and it'll stand us in good stead for the "after (Dukan) life".

Thanks Maintainer!

The mince - was it lowest fat?

ANTO: it says virtually fat-free, I buy it from my local butcher ... It is as dry as I don't know what and you can't see visible fat. They have a different type of mince and you can see the white spots. Do you think I should ask him to mince a different type of meat? I actually had more fish so far, not a fan of mince without some tomato puree.
Definitely check those tablets for hidden nasties.
ANTO: off the list for the mo so, there is some citric here and there but thought since lemon was allowed as a condiment, and given the quantities, it wasn't a big deal.

Questions back to you:
- Are you drinking plenty of water?
ANTO: Yes
- Are you at the wrong time of month? (no need to reply but our weight does fluctuate at such times)
ANTO: I should not be but I am on Implanon and I can get irregular periods, yet, I don't want to blame that really for the moment.
- Are you constipated (ditto)
ANTO: not that much but I used to be a lot more regular prior to starting this.
- Are you using a lot of salt? do you use stockcubes or oxo? what sort of flavourings are you using on your meat, if any?
ANTO: no cubes and no salt bar the odd pinch - and it is the odd pinch.

He recommends 20 mins walk a day. Try to fit it in if you can. It very soon becomes a necessity and it'll stand us in good stead for the "after (Dukan) life".
ANTO: that is going to be a challenge, I am on my own with the girls for the best part of the day and my husband trains twice a week so usually I can only do 3 days and then go to the gym at weekends. Does it not level out?

It's more about making exercise part of our daily lives than burning calories. I used to struggle to find the 20 mins, then gradually increased my walking when I found I enjoyed it (with my Ipod on) and now get up early to get a longer walk in. I sleep far less now slimmer anyway so that's fine.

With this nice weather, definitely get those girls out into the sunshine. Perhaps get out for an early morning walk before hubby goes to work?

Is the Implanon new to you? Did you gain weight after having it inserted? Like you, I'd be loath to blame that initially.

It sounds as if you're doing everything right, so persevere, and try to get your metabolism moving with some regular moving around. Perhaps an exercise DVD? (I just deleted "video" - I'm so old fashioned!)

Thanks Maintainer, I was really in the dumps yesterday. I work from home in the mornings when the girls are in school/creche and then I have the usual afternoon of activities and homework so my only chance is in the evenings - but certain days I have rounds of sports activities for my eldest and my husband going training:cry: A DVD sounds a great idea - any suggestions? When I go out walking, I walk no bother for over an hour and I go to the gym at weekends for workouts and swimming.

I lost in total 3 lbs in 4 days, which is great but I was expecting more from Attack.

I will go onto Cruise now, let's see what happens.

Ah but your current weight isn't very high, remember... 3lbs in four days' attack is very good!

Me recommend an exercise DVD? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
(I'm not very good at exercise hence so delighted to have discovered (invented???) walking fast to work at 7am with Ipod on ears!!!)

Try Leslie Sansone's walking DVDs. They range from 1 mile up to 5 miles and incorporate different exercises and use of a resistance band. The 3 mile upwards DVDs are particularly good for toning legs!

ETA: For clarity, just to note that these DVDs are for use at home in front of your TV. You actually kind of walk either on the spot or moving a little bit from side to side or back and forward. You don't actually have to set foot outside!

Last edited:
DD - the OP is looking for an exercise DVD so that she can stay home and exercise with kiddies!

Davina all the way, can make it as easy or as hard as you like, and you can download straight from itunes so if you're too busy to make it to a DVD shop it's a good option

Seconded with Davina, or if you want a more high intensity one, any of Nell McAndrew's ones are brill and will keep you going for a while!

is that free if you download from itunes?

no sadly, you have to pay but i don't think it was too expensive if I recall. You could probably find something else good on there for relatively cheap :)

Davina it is so, I have some credit on iTunes! Thanks so much - but will try the walking one suggested above, I am doing the mini-marathon in June so it can come in handy!

Davina it is so, I have some credit on iTunes! Thanks so much - but will try the walking one suggested above, I am doing the mini-marathon in June so it can come in handy!

I've heard that the Davina DVD is supposed to be pretty good. :)

The Leslie Sansone At Home Walking DVD I use is this one, but it is in Region 1 (US) format and requires a multi-region DVD player. I bought mine in Walmart in Canads, but they're also available from Amazon. I notice that there are some Region 0 versions of her other walking DVDs (which can be played on any DVD player) on Amazon also: Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection DVD Region 1 US Import NTSC: Amazon.co.uk: Leslie Sansone: DVD

I've noticed that the UK QVC are now selling a Lesley Sansone collection, but it's a lot more expensive: Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home 7 DVD Programme w/ Boost Bands & 21 Day Planner

Back