A free-for-all Christmas prep diary, all food and non-food musings welcome!

Cant remember where mine is from but its in the hand written cookbook and fading!!
I like the ground almonds to gives them a much nicer taste

I make home made yorkies every week for the others. I will post my lst, I need to write it first
I love stockings, I wish I still got one, I always thought they were better than the presents under the tree for some reason. I have my stocking fillers already I got them from here, they came uickly and are very reasonable. Fairtrade & ethical gifts presents for all unusual fun educational childrens toys

Cant remember where mine is from but its in the hand written cookbook and fading!!
I like the ground almonds to gives them a much nicer taste

Nicer taste and I think a better crunch

What fudge sauce??
Try these....
Cookies N Cream truffles
500g oreo cookies
250g cream cheese (softened)
400g milk chocolate
100g white chocolate
In a blender crush the cookies
pour into a bowl and add cream cheese until no traces of white
Use a teaspoon, roll into ballsplace on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and place in fridge for 45mins.
Break milk chocolate and melt
coat balls and re place in fridge to cool
melt white chocolate and drizzle over balls with a fork to decorate!
Mmmmmm

What fudge sauce??
Try these....
Cookies N Cream truffles
500g oreo cookies
250g cream cheese (softened)
400g milk chocolate
100g white chocolate
In a blender crush the cookies
pour into a bowl and add cream cheese until no traces of white
Use a teaspoon, roll into ballsplace on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and place in fridge for 45mins.
Break milk chocolate and melt
coat balls and re place in fridge to cool
melt white chocolate and drizzle over balls with a fork to decorate!
Mmmmmm

OMG they sound divine!!! The fudge sauce is teh latest thing on the recipe thread - it is basically making your own condensed milk and turning it into a sort of toffee sauce.

Ahh, i'll have to take a look. I have recipes for fudge. Im going to make the truffles into a center piece tree. I will ask Vicky if she can upload a photo for you all later and then maybe tomorrow night when i have more time i can write up the instructions for it. It looks wonderful, like a rose tree with truffles instead of flowers! The truffles are delicious though

only 2 things to note...

if it's beef it's yorkshires

if it's turkey it's stuffing...

you people are so confuddled :D...turkey with your yorkshires...beef with your stuffing lol xxx

Was it you that makes the chocolate? What do you make apart from the 2 cakes listed

Maybe that was me, cherl?

Normally, I also make things like dark chocolate and banana terrine, chocolate ice cream, baked chocolate mousse cake, chocolate cookies, etc. Sometimes I also throw in something like pumpkin pie or pecan, pumpkin and maple cheesecake.

I do have some homemade ice creams in the freezer (lemon, cherry and almond, raspberry, gooseberry sorbet, plum and Earl Grey), which I can give to guests, too.

(Can you tell that I have a sweet tooth? ;):D)

BTW That recipe sounds fabulous!

I know its just gready but my xnas dinner has ALL the trimmings no matter what it meant to go with. So not only cranberry sauce gets put out but horseradish, mint sauce, apple sauce and all the chutneys too

if I did all that it'd be guaranteed to get wasted :)....nah I'm quite linear in what I serve up...everyone likes the same things...so that's easy enough and it's always the simple things...

dinner is quite simple with just a couple of tried and tested accompaniments...

no cranberry, no bread sauce, no mint sauce... again it's quite traditional...

so mint would only be served with lamb, horseradish only with beef etc...

not sure what main we're having yet his year....quite fancy beef myself as chicken/poultry doesn't feel much like a treat this year after 6 months on dukan :) x

And the tip....Cook far far too much so you can serve it cold in the evening!

and all week...

I'm most miffed actually at being invited out for Christmas lunch cos I'm gonna have to get some shopping in for Boxing Day and cook when I get in from the sales!

I'm surprised at how many of you are choosing beef perhaps as a meat option - I always think beef is a nightmare to cook for guests as everyone likes theirs cooked differently. I've tried cooking it for English people, giving them the outside and me and OH the inside, but it's still overcooked for us! Would need two pieces I guess...

Thats why i dont really go for beef. I will have it cooked up and ready. The more left over the easier my life is as im night duty on boxing day so will take lots of food in for us workers. Got to keep the mood up somehow.

Back