A free-for-all Christmas prep diary, all food and non-food musings welcome!

loli absoluty hate decorating xmas tree's so im not doing it but i ber OH and jordan will lol !!!!!!!!

well my kids have to learn 15 carols for their concert ...so you know what this house will be like for the next month!!!

I dont know what our kitten will be like with the tree, yikes, I might just give her her own bauble to play with. I think I will put the tree in the living room instead of the porch this year, with the door firmly shut

We're having a real tree this year:D. A small one though, as it goes on a table, so 1m30 will be plenty (is that about 4 ft?) Wondering whether we'll buy one or beg one from friends that live in the mountains. I'm guessing it will depend on the weather (ie one snowflake here means road blocked there).

We'll all decorate it together (parents do the lights, kids do the rest). It looks 'festive'. A real mish-mash of excitement!

Oh, and we'll do it the week before Christmas (if I get my way) otherwise the needles will be off the tree and all over the floor by Hogmanay.

Tan, I don't envy you. Husband sings carols (in English, with a bad accent) all year round. My Dad used to start early too;). You'll be all Christmassed out before December!

Emma has a dvd of barbie and the nutcracker and on it they are singing Christmas carols, so she has been singing them all year too. It wouldnt be so bad but it makes me sing them too lol. I love Christmas carols. Away in a manger is my fave ;)

Theres an article in the metro about lack of christmas trees this year.

My dad goes nuts with the tree along with the outside of the house. If the tree dosent bend along the ceiling its not a proper tree.

Pmsl. We used to just have a tree and a few bits here and there but since having Oliver i try to get it as grotto like as poss. Lol. Every year i seem to buy more but let him choose what he wants. The only thing i say is a must is the tree and as a kid i was brought a nativity by a great uncle so that was always put out despite not liking it then for olivers 1st xmas mum brought him a really lovely one from past times and that goes on the fireplace every year

Its lovely. Do you actuallt buy a cheese board or make up your own? We do ours as its cheaper and you know you'll get the cheeses you like

I buy giant blocks of cheese we all like from a cheeseshop. Ordering now just saves hassle on the day and risk of them running out.

In the village where our house is, we're given a real tree each year... (humungous the first year; teeny the second; and medium-sized the other two since we bought the house!).

One BAD thing we have though, and it's imminent, is the three or four calendars we feel obliged to buy when, in turn, the post office, fire brigade, road sweepers and other municipal workers come knocking on the door for their Christmas bonus.

One big advantage (I think!) of living in France is not being sickened of the music before Christmas gets close. Here there are no carols, so no problems there! As for Christmas food (I saw on Watchdog that mince pies etc have been for sale, with sell by's dates in October, for a while now... all with the mention "have one per day over the christmas period"!!), there's no manic food shopping here either. All very sedate really...

In the village where our house is, we're given a real tree each year... (humungous the first year; teeny the second; and medium-sized the other two since we bought the house!).

One BAD thing we have though, and it's imminent, is the three or four calendars we feel obliged to buy when, in turn, the post office, fire brigade, road sweepers and other municipal workers come knocking on the door for their Christmas bonus.

One big advantage (I think!) of living in France is not being sickened of the music before Christmas gets close. Here there are no carols, so no problems there! As for Christmas food (I saw on Watchdog that mince pies etc have been for sale, with sell by's dates in October, for a while now... all with the mention "have one per day over the christmas period"!!), there's no manic food shopping here either. All very sedate really...

We only have the first two, they both richly deserve their bonuses (and I like the PO calendar - lots of info). We never used to buy from the postwoman we had before, face like she chewed a wasp and so disobliging, our current postie is lovely and as for the fire brigade, we've needed them twice so tend to go out of our way to get their (bad quality) calendar.

The Christmas carols are lovely, I tune in especially for the BBC Christmas service.

I hate the PO calendar. It's always very ugly and you can't write appointments or anything on it. Agree with you ref fireman. Once I've seen those two, I tend to ignore doorbells in the evening - expensive business otherwise and how many calendars does a girl need?!

I love carols... a week before Christmas... they might even make it into my Ipod (with other Christmas music...). Picture me stomping through the leaves on my way to work trilling tunelessly to whatever I'm hearing!

<photo?>

Sorry Jo i dont have any and not sure if he made this years calender. His name is Rob and hes tanned with dark hair and dark eyes.
Tissue for the drools girls????

Back