A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

wow,that is quite the distance! My parents were about 300 miles apart then my dad chucked his job and turned up on her doorstep one night hehe. How long have you been married?

coming up for a year :) first year we were together we were long-distance, second year was half long-distance, half living together at my little flat, third year was living together in zimbabwe, and we are into our fourth year, married now and time split between living together in zim and living together at my mum's in scotland. had to think about that, time flies and i wasn't sure if we'd been together coming up to three or coming up to four years! but it's four years. ha!

coming up for a year :) first year we were together we were long-distance, second year was half long-distance, half living together at my little flat, third year was living together in zimbabwe, and we are into our fourth year, married now and time split between living together in zim and living together at my mum's in scotland. had to think about that, time flies and i wasn't sure if we'd been together coming up to three or coming up to four years! but it's four years. ha!

Wow,Zimbabwe!! Is he from there? I am hoping we will get married at some point. I would at least like to be engaged by our next anniversary (which will be our 5th lol).

did you manage to do some light exercise? or did the foot refuse?

I did half an hour Dance Central and survived so things are looking up!

Wow,Zimbabwe!! Is he from there? I am hoping we will get married at some point. I would at least like to be engaged by our next anniversary (which will be our 5th lol).

yes, his parents are still living there, and one of his brothers went back there too.

2012-12-06 18.05.44.jpg

this is a pic of him with our son, taken when the little dude was about 3 weeks old :)

glad to hear your injury isn't putting a dampener on things!

Aww, what a lovely pic!! :).

I had a cheeky scale hop and am back to 12st 8lbs so the gain is gone!! Just hope I lose a few more by official WI on Sunday now.

Be back later with my food diary.

Yup,handed my letter in yesterday. Manager seemed a bit miffed I am giving her less than a weeks notice but hey ho.

B - fruit n fibre with banana and ss milk 270
L - toast and heinz low fat macaroni 364
D - Tuna pasta bake 472

Others - tea and 2 cookies 121

Total=1227

Gonna have a wee cuppa tea and then do some Dance Central.

Hope everyone else is well!

Last edited:
I am excited but quite nervous too!! Sure it will all be fine when I am settled. I found out yesterday that the girl (or should I say 'one of the girls!)my ex cheated on me with and ended up being in a relationship with for 3 years actually lives in the place I am going to...and it ain't all that big a town! But I can't pass up the opportunity just because of that. Enough time has passed that if we do cross paths I would hope we can both be adult about things. Still be kinda weird/awkward though!!

Anyway,today turned out to be quite carby calorie-wise so feeling pretty stuffed. Will try to be more balanced tomorrow.

I am excited but quite nervous too!! Sure it will all be fine when I am settled. I found out yesterday that the girl (or should I say 'one of the girls!)my ex cheated on me with and ended up being in a relationship with for 3 years actually lives in the place I am going to...and it ain't all that big a town! But I can't pass up the opportunity just because of that. Enough time has passed that if we do cross paths I would hope we can both be adult about things. Still be kinda weird/awkward though!!

Anyway,today turned out to be quite carby calorie-wise so feeling pretty stuffed. Will try to be more balanced tomorrow.

Tbh its only her who should feel awkward since unless she didnt know about you, was the one in the wrong.

Glad things are starting to sort out and come together. I really need to push myself back on my diet :/

B - cheerios with ss milk 200
L - sweet and sour soup 265
D - baked potato,sliced ham,salad,crusty bread and some pate 500

Other - crisps 147, snack size snicker type biscuit 100, half a cream scone 130. Slightly naughty snack day!!
2 litres water.

Exercise - 30min Dance Central

Total -1342

I started packing tonight! Can't take all that much as won't have the storage space. So just a few bits n pieces. Need to get some work shirts this weekend.

Was babysitting my adorable wee nephew today. He is only 8 months old and 5 mins after my sis leaving for work I had a bloody nose - wee monster grabbed my face and his fingernail caught one of my nostrils haha. I will miss him loads when I move but will be back for visits.

Hope everyone is well!

You will probably become best friends with her - strange things happen - have you started packing everything up to go?

I'm mates with two of my exs exs lol

Morning all!

Working this afternoon til 7pm then off out to a charity fundraising night for my local Rape Crisis centre. Dino from Mrs Brown's Boys is drawing the raffle! Going with my sis and a few friends. A good cause but gonna try not to get swept up in the alcohol consumption too much! Can't really afford to anyway if I am honest.

Not sure how dinner is fitting in as I am going straight to my sister's after work to get ready. Will update my food diary tomorrow I think. That way I can include all my naughtiness of tonight!

Have a good weekend everyone!

hope you had a great evening!

Morning guys!!

Sorry I never got a chance to update yesterday. I've fallen ill at the most inconvenient time, what with moving tomorrow!! Felt a niggle in my throat on Friday at work and lo and behold woke up yesterday with a full blown sore throat, stuffy nose, blocked ears - the lot :(. Currently sucking on the strepsils and drinking copious amounts of tea! Suppose I should get my dreaded official weigh in out the way... lost 3lb!! Sitting at 12st 7lbs. Happy with that :).

Night out on Friday was fun. I only (ha!) drank 1 bottle of rose wine. Bit silly on the eating front though as all I had was my smoothie and a ham and tomato mini-baguette. No dinner and straight out drinking. Bad Erin!!
Yesterday I had my morning smoothie then went to my cousin's for lunch. She made cajun chicken with stir fried veg in a pitta bread from her Hairy Dieters book. It was yummy! Dinner was just a bacon roll. Also had a wee cherry bakewell cake as a treat.

Busy busy day today! Not least including my last shift at work (3-7pm, urgh!). Before that I need to clean out my guinea pigs, clip their nails, finish packing and go buy a few black shirts and work shoes! Oh, and phone my future boss to let him know when to expect us tomorrow. To top it all off it's snowing here!

Will be back later with today's food diary. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all you mummies out there too btw!

Back