A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

Warning : vent post!!

I am actually raging. I asked my manager for Saturday off for a friend's birthday (who lives a bus and 2 train journeys away and haven't seen in a year) before she had even started the rota. She said she would do her best. She then put me in the early shift but gave 2 other staff the day off!!

Although I could do this shift I would need to leave for the train straight away and rush to make connections,and with my sore foot I would rather have the day off to take it slowly. So I phoned to ask if a coworker could do my shift (he is more than happy to)

Basically been told she did the rota that way because I asked/was fine with the shift. Explained that was before I saw 2 others had it off. She said they were in the next Saturday but she has kindly given me that one off. The one I don't need and didn't ask for!! I said I would rather work that one and have this one off. She also pointed out she has given me this Sunday off- which would be nice of her except I NEVER work Sundays anyway! She is going to speak to me about it tomorrow.

Thoughts?

Warning : vent post!!

I am actually raging. I asked my manager for Saturday off for a friend's birthday (who lives a bus and 2 train journeys away and haven't seen in a year) before she had even started the rota. She said she would do her best. She then put me in the early shift but gave 2 other staff the day off!!

Although I could do this shift I would need to leave for the train straight away and rush to make connections,and with my sore foot I would rather have the day off to take it slowly. So I phoned to ask if a coworker could do my shift (he is more than happy to)

Basically been told she did the rota that way because I asked/was fine with the shift. Explained that was before I saw 2 others had it off. She said they were in the next Saturday but she has kindly given me that one off. The one I don't need and didn't ask for!! I said I would rather work that one and have this one off. She also pointed out she has given me this Sunday off- which would be nice of her except I NEVER work Sundays anyway! She is going to speak to me about it tomorrow.

Thoughts?

I would be as mad as you are! try and calm down before you speak to her or she will make life harder in the long run esp when she is doing rotas.

Glad foot is feeling better, I aim to start on Wii Just Dance but my body is aching with this flu virus that i haven't been able to manage it - hoping to incorporate it from Monday which would be week 2 of diet - how long do you do per session?

Yeah I am gonna take a couple of deep breaths beforehand and try not to get wound up!!

Aw,hope you feel better soon. I usually do 30 min sessions. Worked through all the songs at all difficulty levels now though so getting bored!!

B - fruit n fibre and banana + orange juice 383
L - beans on toast with sprinkling of cheese 253
D - tuna pasta 436

Total: 1,072

Got the rest of my holiday to pay by next weekend so pasta may be on the cards for a bit haha.

Over and out!!

Morning all!!

I get to use my dad's work laptop at weekends now so can go back to my normal formatting features. Yay!
I'm off up to Dundee today to meet a friend for lunch and then going out with anot
her friend for her birthday tonight/stay over. Lunch-wise not sure where we will end up but I will opt for a salad/soup option. Tonight I know we are booked in to a Tapas bar so I can try and be good and just sample a few things.

So today looks like so:

B - Fruit n fibre with ss milk 250
L - Probably soup and/or salad ???
D - A selection of Tapas!
???

Others: 2 litres water, orange juice at 110cal

Total calories: ???

So there's a big question mark over today's projected calorie intake haha. But hopefully it won't be too bad. As I am staying over in Dundee I won't be weighing in tomorrow like usual but Monday morning instead.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Over and out!

hope you have a lovely weekend hun x :)

Thanks guys. My manager was fine with it in the end. Silly moo. Although she won't be my manager for much longer....read on to find out more haha ;)

Good evening everyone!

I had a fab time in Dundee. The Tapas bar was great and the company was good too :). I got a phone call just before going in to the pub last night from a hotel on the Isle of Bute offering me and my boyfriend jobs! We had only applied on Friday night!! I need to phone back tomorrow to confirm a start date but it looks like I'll be handing my notice in to work tomorrow and be offski by mid-March! It's all quite sudden and I'm kind of nervous but excited too. It's general assistant stuff - bar, kitchen, waiting tables, housekeeping etc. It means my boyfriend and I will be living together again, I'll be on full time hours and a wee change of scenery is just the ticket I think. I keep worrying I'm going to phone tomorrow and be told the offer no longer stands. I know I am just being silly though.

Food-wise things:

B - Nothing (slept through!) 0
L - Toast and bacon 230
D - Shredded pork (slow-cooked), potatoes and cabbage

Total calories: 671

I know this is a low total but I've been feeling delicate due to a bit of overindulgence alcohol-wise last night!! Right back on it tomorrow. And hopefully soon I'll be able to go for nice long walks on the lovely Isle of Bute!

Sad to report a 2lb gain this week :(. Putting it down to limited exercise due to foot and an overindulgent weekend. Feel a bit disheartened but pushing on with it. Will update food stuff later.

Thanks Donna,been good all day so off to the right start for this week! I didn't get to hand my resignation in today cause the boss of potential new job wasn't keen on waiting 2 weeks for us to start. We have now reached the 11th as an agreed start date,just waiting on a call back to confirm so fingers crossed. Means I have to hand my resignation in tomorrow and thus give less than a weeks notice but it should be OK.

The manager has put me in the late shift tomorrow so I don't finish til 6.30 and am meant to be at Brownies for then. I swear she is doing this on purpose,she knows I volunteer every Tuesday night!!

Anyway,fooood:

B - Banana and strawberries smoothie 257
L - Ham salad sandwich 246
D - Homemade mince pie, mashed potatoes and broccoli

Total calories: 1,053

A wee edit here since dinner was not what I thought it was going to be haha. Aaaand, I just got the call to 100% confirm that it's full steam ahead on the job front. I go away on Monday! A week today! I hope they have wifi haha.

Over and out!

Last edited:
I'm kind of glad I couldn't do it today because the area manager and the regional manager were in too. I don't want that big an audience lol!
Foot is feeling much better so going to attempt some GENTLE exercise from tomorrow. Might walk to work but wear my running shoes and take it nice and slow. It's a 40 min journey but mainly down hill :).

Thanks!! I am most excited about getting to live with my boyfriend again. This last half a year has been horrible, only seeing him at weekends, sometimes not for a few weeks. Of course we'll end up arguing but I've missed those too haha.

I hope so! We lived and worked together at a holiday caravan resort summer 2011 and survived lol. They said they tend to put couples in different areas/on different shifts which is helpful.

me and my DH were long-distance for about 18 months prior to moving in together, he was in london, i was north-east scotland! it can and does work out, if you're right for each other :)

wow,that is quite the distance! My parents were about 300 miles apart then my dad chucked his job and turned up on her doorstep one night hehe. How long have you been married?

Fooood today:

B - banana and strawberries smoothie 233
L - beans on toast with cheese 310
D - chicken curry with chips 560

Other: 2 litres water, orange juice 110cal

Total=1213

Last edited:
Back