A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

You should try pilates :) it's low impact and helps tone the body up fast

Thanks for the tip! Shall look up some pilates vids on youtube today and give it a go :).

Morning all!

By the time I got through to the docs this morning all the appointments were gone :(. So need to try again tomorrow. If it's the same situation I'll push for an emergency appointment.Was planning on staying off my foot for the majority of today but my little sister has invited me up this afternoon and I can't refuse the chance to see my gorgeous little nephew-luckily she only lives about a 10/15 minute walk away. Also going to sample her broccoli and chilli soup!

Delights of the day:

B - Banana and strawberries smoothie 223
L - Homemade soup/some broccoli+chilli soup 248/160
D - Grilled chicken with new potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower 388

Others: 2 litres water, orange juice at 110cal
Exercise: 30 min walk

Total calories: 1,129

Not a bad total today, with room for some snacks if I want them. I am such a bad scale-hopper - I just can't help myself. Still 12st 9lbs today, thank goodness. I'll be happy if I stay this weight for the rest of the week but obviously I'd like to lose a few more lbs. However, so long as I don't start going back up the way then it's all good :).

Have a good Thursday everyone!

Over and out!

All your food sounds super tasty!!! Are you sure you aren't eating too little though? I always get nervous going higher cal but it does actually seem to rejig my metabolism and boost my losses. Especially as you eat so well with clean foods etc. Maybe add another smoothie in the afternoon or some nuts/fruit? Also I scale hop most mornings but definitely stick to a weekly or bi-weekly/monthly record for your "formal" WI ad the downward trend is so much more rewarding. You are doing fab though, hope you get a dr appointment and foot gets better soon!

Thanks for your advice-I do have a daily calorie aim of 1,400 but I just never seem to get there! Another smoothie in the afternoon sounds like my best option as I love them and they are filling. It's strange to think I ever ate over the RDA to begin with!!

I honestly think smoothies are the secret to my success so far haha.

Slight change in dinner plans tonight, ended up staying at my sister's for it. We made garlic and lemon chicken with a side salad. Cals are much the same as my original dinner so won't make much difference. It was really tasty and I took a picture cause it looked so good:

IMAG0892.jpg

I'm gonna probably recreate it for my boyfriend when I go visit this weekend cause the sauce is pretty simple - lemon juice, finely chopped garlic, chicken stock, some ground nut oil and a little butter. The salad was lovely too, really fresh and crisp - iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, orange peppers and spring onions.

Ohh dinner looks tasty.

What blender do you use for your smoothies? Do you use frozen fruit/ice in them to thicken? I love smoothies but I can't have them as a "meal" they don't fill me up enough- which is sort of weird because soup does.

I use a Kenwood blender! And I use fresh fruit in my smoothies. If I want them thicker I add more banana,if I want them more like juice I add more milk.

I went to the docs today and have been given painkillers for my foot-to be taken 3 times daily WITH food which might help me have that afternoon snack I am lacking haha.

Hello everyone.

Just a quick food update:

B - fruit n fibre cereal n banana 300
L - wholemeal toast n heinz mac cheese 250
S - banana n strawberry smoothie 230
D - grilled chicken, potatoes n veg 500

Total - 1,280

Laptop is buggered so using mum's tablet and can't format in my usual manner...boo :(. Off to my boyfriend's tomorrow til Tuesday but will try to stop by with my weigh in results on Sunday!!

mmmmm mac and cheeeeese...

Hey guys, I am happy to announce a loss of 4lbs this week!! So happy. Hope you are all having a good weekend.

oh well done hun!

Thanks everyone. Laptop is still on the blink so will start my daily food updates using my mob from tomorrow. Knackered and heading to bed now haha.

Hello everyone.

I had an awkward shift at work today (11am - 4pm) so calories pre-dinner are a tad low:

B - banana and strawberry smoothie 250
L - roast chicken mugshot 204
D - ??

Dad is taking care of dinner tonight so will update afterwards haha.
I miss my laptop. Updating via my phone is so fiddly!!

Thanks Donna - painkillers have kicked in enough for me to resume my daily Dance Central regime so I am happy haha.

Ended up having dad's lamb curry last night which comes in at over 600cal per portion eek! Still within calories though and it was damn tasty lol.

Today's intake:

B - banana and strawberries smoothie 250
L - toast and beans, banana 294
D - tuna pasta 347
Other - orange juice 110, tea 15, Chelsea bun 268 (naughty I know!)

Total: 1,284

I am craving sweet things just now,hence the naughty bun! Think my natural * week is here now,the first since stopping that awful pill so feeling a bit off.

Hope everyone is having a good day so far!

Over and out!

Back