A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

At least dancing is fun! Sorry to hear about your sis. Do you have a friend you could go with instead? Or take your partner?

It's a woman's only gym so Calum is not an option haha. Most of my friends have memberships elsewhere. I'll just need to force myself, I don't want to let myself down.

That's a shame, but it's worth it in the end. My local gym is inaccessible to me, but I did try to use it for a while after they refurbished it at weekends wuth my OH. All the machines have TV's, so you need to remember headphones! Worse than that, some had games, so I used to play sudoku whilst walking briskly on the treadmill :D

There is good news and there is bad news...

Good news: I had a fab birthday weekend - a great night out on Saturday with friends, a lovely family meal yesterday and an unexpected letter from the taxman saying they owe me £53 :).
Bad news: I am in agony and have a doc appointment at ten past 11. It started on Friday as sort of achy pulled muscle pain at the top of my inner thighs and gradually got worse til my whole pelvis was affected and now it has spread slightly up my back :(. I was meant to have my optimal workout at the gym today but will need to phone an reschedule.

IMAG2960.jpg

Here is a pic of me from Saturday night wearing the awesome owl dress Calum got me for my birthday :).

Will be back later with doc news and a food diary x

ouch! sounds painful :( Hope it's nothing serious!

Nothing too sinister - doc seems to think it's a groin strain and has advised me to rest from the gym for a week til it heals. I never knew that type of strain could affect your back as well but apparently it can so just gonna take doc's orders and hopefully things will heal up nicely and I can get back to the gym... maybe lay off the machines for a bit and just try some classes. I'll have a wee chat with the girls at the gym when I go back next week. At least I don't have another PE input at uni for a few weeks!

enjoy your rest, and hope you're feeling better soon :hug99:

B - 3 oatcakes with dairylea light
S - banana
L - Ham & tomato sandwich on brown bread

D - Pasta with chopped tomato & paprika sauce

Total calores = 1300 approx

The rest is doing me a world of good - don't want to jinx it but I am no longer in pain! Going to leave it the full week before gyming it again just to be on the safe side. I'll start again on Monday.
I'm also going to start a wee diet experiment on Monday to try and kick start things in the weight loss department again by eating the same things for breakfast and lunch and alternating between two dinners. I am sick of maintaining at a weight that is still technically obese!!

Best of luck to you hun. Good to hear the pain has eased off xx

Hello everyone!

Today is going to be my first day back at the gym since my injury so hoping it goes well. I'll be there tomorrow too and possibly Saturday morning. It'll be a little tricky next week til the end of November to go any time other than a Saturday morning since I'll be on school placement in another town and my gym has restricted opening hours (9am-8pm). I will hopefully manage the odd night here and there too but the workload looks set to be mountainous so will just have to play it by ear.

B - Strawberry crunch cereal with ss milk
S - banana
L - Vegetable soup

D - Tuna pasta salad

Good luck at the gym. Don't overdo it though :D

I didn't overdo it...I only managed 75% of the circuit before feeling quite faint/sick but at least I am back and trying!!

B - strawberry crunch cereal
L - chicken n tomato sandwich
D - homemade chilli with basmati rice

Approx 1300 calories.

Booked in for my optimal workout with a personal trainer at 10:30 on Saturday morning too :)

B - Weetabix breakfast biscuits
S - apple flapjack
L - Chicken sandwich
D - Tuna pasta salad

well done hun. Food looking fab as always too :)

B - Strawberry crunch cereal & banana with ss milk
S - pumpkin seed granola bar
L - Chicken noodle soup
D - Vegetable stir fry

Total calores = 1400 approx

A little higher on the calories today but that's ok. :)

Last day of uni today before I start placement on Monday for 5 weeks...getting very nervous!
Calum is meeting me after uni to stay the weekend. Can't wait for the Halloween party tomorrow night. I'll be sure to post pics of us all done up hehe.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend x

Been reading your diary! Very inspirational! I love the foods you eat! How do you make your smoothies! X

Hello MrsP!

I literally just whack a load of fruit in my blender along with approx 150ml of semi skimmed milk, a dash of orange juice and whizz it all up. Quick and easy :) x

I'm so going to try this! Need to get some more fruit in tho I don't fancy a Narna smoothie lol x

Ok guys, I started my 5 week placement today so I apologise in advance for the lack of MiniMins time!! Literally just finished my lesson prep for tomorrow. Didn't leave the school til 5.20pm and my guess is it'll only get later and later as the weeks go on and the workload piles up!!

In diet/exercise-news, I had my optimal workout at the gym on Saturday morning and now have an updated workout that includes more upper body strength stuff (for my weaking bingo wing chicken arms lol!) aaand more fat burning exercises so fingers crossed those lbs start dropping again!

In the mean time...here is a pic of my makeup from my Halloween night out on Saturday:

1375131_10151737256106188_2048743482_n.jpg

Hope everyone is well, I promise to try and catch up soon! xx

Good luck for placement! Gym sounds awesome. LOVE the makeup - v creative!

Back