A little bit annoyed...

*jenjen* said:
Having PCOS too I know how hard it is to loose weight in a "real" slimming club too and have had those comments too. Well done your mum yay! X

Yeah I know :) go mum! Booo @ ugly troll auntie (ugly inside and out)!

lmao @ starlight hows your poor weak body doing now? my mother is the same! she keeps telling me " if you carry on im going to end up burying you!" my reply: if i had carried on with my weight i would have died anyway and at least this way i will be a good looking corpse and it will take less people to carry my coffin! shuts her right up lol

Sammeh said:
Carly, give you Mum a huge Mini hug from us - way to go!!!

Yeah she's been great :) I think after she has seen me struggle so much with my health and weight she just gets it now, which was hard at first bearing in mind the heaviest she has ever been is 10 stone when she was 9 months pregnant with my brother :)

PCOS really is a most awful condition.

I have always said it creates an awful cycle. You put weight on because you can't handle food but when you try to lose weight it won't go which makes you even more miserable so you binge eat. It is the cruellest condition in those terms.

Princess_Ames said:
PCOS really is a most awful condition.

I have always said it creates an awful cycle. You put weight on because you can't handle food but when you try to lose weight it won't go which makes you even more miserable so you binge eat. It is the cruellest condition in those terms.

Try combining it with ME that leaves you almost bedridden for months! Damn body :) I live in hope one day it might work normally lmao :)

Try combining it with ME that leaves you almost bedridden for months! Damn body :) I live in hope one day it might work normally lmao :)

I don't envy you. I know struggling with PCOS and being hairy is hard enough without adding ME to the equation.

I had a friend who suffered with ME, she did a certain programme that helped her combat it?

Yeah I like to have a good whinge now and then but things could always be a lot worse :) I'm very lucky in the grand scheme of things :)

We're all entitled to have a whinge ;) Will the weight loss ease your symptoms? I really don't know a lot about ME so it's always interesting to learn new things :)

I thought it was just me who had this problem! People seem to think it's dreadfully unheathly to replace meals with packet soups and shakes. Then they go out for lunch and have a pie and chips with a pint of lager! Pots and kettles methinks....

See when i think back to what i could have easily eaten in a day:-

Breakfast would be a HUGE bowl of cereal with skimmed milk and banana
Then i would probably have a bar or 2 of chocolate and a bag of crisps around 10
Lunch would be 4 cobs or 4 slices of bread with ham, ketchup and more crisps
I would then eat a whole punnet of strawberries and more chocolate
Dinner would either be a fatty Tikka Masala with spring rolls and naan bread or a HUGE cooked roast dinner...

I do not see how eating that DAILY was better for me than what I'm doing now. Seriously some people DO my HEAD in! LOL

Sorry about the food mentions i was just trying to make a point.

Princess_Ames said:
We're all entitled to have a whinge ;) Will the weight loss ease your symptoms? I really don't know a lot about ME so it's always interesting to learn new things :)

Not in general but as always losing weight helps with mobility :)

Just posted how well I'm doing on Facebook...

All i get is "Are you making yourself ill?"
"Are you sure it's healthy?"
"Be careful or you may get weak and collapse"

I know, its just crazy, I get the same aswell, I feel happier, healthier and fitter than I've felt in a long long while... and yet it just isn't enough for some people o_O

I would tell them they want to try it themselves lol! It seems we can't win either way, eat loads of rubbish and get told ' were so worried about your weight and scared you may not be here one day' and so decide to go on a food replacement diet with guaranteed safe weight loss and get told ' oooo no that can't be good for you, you'll end up making yourself ill' !!! Screw em I say! Just keep thinking of how jealous they will feel when you get to goal in such a short space of time! Then you can rub it in their faces by saying well I am now slim and sexy and very much still alive thankyou very much! Don't let them put you down, you are doing fab! xx

Yeah, I've also experienced the other side of this, I have a friend who takes my weight loss with a pinch of salt because he thinks its "easy" to lose weight this way, he thinks its just as simple as not eating and the weight falls off, which I suppose is true to a degree, but there are so many more psychological difficulties on a diet like this!!!

The people that doubt us and misunderstand us need to try it for themselves I reckon, there'd be a lot less hassle from em...

The people that doubt us and misunderstand us need to try it for themselves I reckon, there'd be a lot less hassle from em...[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah!!! Imagine when they have to cook meals for the family and not eat with them lol.... Then take kids out for a meal and just sit there drinking water. No they wouldn't be able to do this, they'd run a mile.

I don't tell most people what diet am on or how much av lost. A friend says she'll come to my house to check my kitchen cupboards lol. Told her I don't eat carbs no more just veg, fruit n meat....

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back