A Male Food Diary (with female inspiration of course!)

yeah you should be fine :) wherabouts do you work? im from Darlo too xx

Cool. I'm at the airport, shifts can sometimes be a drag for SW and meal planning but at least I can look forward to three days off tomorrow! :D

Which part of sunny Darlo do you work?

I think I'll forget the syns from last night (mainly because I lost count lol)
Take it was a good night then Chris? Haha..! Well done for drawing a line under it and getting back on it! Your brekki looked fab - yum!

Just reading your posts, you work at the airport!? Which one? What do I do? I have a not so secret obsession with airports and aeroplanes...I'm an anorak! My ex was a trainee pilot (he's qualified now) and ever since I've just loved everything about it all. We used to sit at the flying school at Newcastle Airport watching planes land and listening to them over my ex's radio thing. I loved it! I wish I could work at the airport :( that is actually my dream job. I would actually do anyjob as long as I got to be in the aiport/around aeroplanes. Lol...god now I sound sad!!

Haha you could say that. I felt incredibly old though looking around some of the other drinkers!! I am an Air Traffic Controller at Durham Tees Valley, I did always want to be a pilot but never had enough money to go through the training :( one day, you never know, I might add to my 20 hours!lol

I'm now actually insanely jealous that you work at the airport :( :jelous:

My ex did flying lessons at Newcastle Flying School, and then he went to Oxford Aviation Academy. And I was insanely jealous of him for being able to fly :( not faair! Ridiculously expensive though, think he'll be paying back his loan for the rest of his life.

Haha I love it, it's a wonderful career to be in, being a spotter kinda helps so I'm a geek too lol. My OH is sick of me talking about work :)

Haha :)

i agree with geordiegirl that is a wicked job! very jealous :p im a student so i dont work (i am trying to find a job tho! honest...;)) just home for the summer, but i live in hurworth :) xx

Thanks Emma-Lou, what are you studying? Hurworth isn't far from us, we're in Middleton St. George

Monday

Breakfast: 2 slices of wholemeal toast (HeB) with scrambled egg on top.

Lunch: SW Quiche with onion, lean ham and pepper (made with L.F. Cottage Cheese so no syns)

Dinner:
Cod and SW Chips with mushy peas (yum!)

Snack: 3x Mini Babybel Light

Total syns for today = 0 (so far...)

Tuesday

Well it's WI day, so fingers crossed for later that I'm showing a loss. I'll be happy with 2lbs a week from here on in as it will mean 1 stone off before holidays which will be fantastic.
Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HeB) with 250ml Semi Skimmed milk (HeA).

Lunch: SW Quiche with onion, lean ham and pepper (made with L.F. Cottage Cheese so no syns)

Dinner:
Chicken stuffed with primula light cheese (2 syns) mixed with chives and garlic and wrapped in parma ham (1 syn) with some primula cheese on the side (1 syn). Added SW roasties, asparagus and broccoli.

Snack: Strawberries (and lots of them!!), Mini Babybel Light (2 syns), and a SW Hi-Fi chocolate and orange bar (6 syns!) but was hungry at group and they were selling them lol

Total syns for today = 12 - the most so far (apart from Sat) but still within limits

Last edited:
LOL Thanks Linzi, though I think I used my full amount for the week on Saturday night! :-S

You should have flexi synned. You really should have at least 5 syns a day. Then you won't feel deprived. When is your WI?

The problem with Sat night was that I mixed that many different drinks (including cocktails at the only "classy" bar in Darlington!) that I have no idea on syns. I will guess at around 70 on Sat night so on that basis I'm good for the week. Updated today's plan to include dinner and snack...I've now had 11 syns today :eek: lol

WI was a few hours ago and I've lost 8lbs so quite a suprise!!

Chris

:eek: 8lbs!! WELL DONE YOU!!! I can only dream of losing 8lbs :) bet you're chuffed ! x

You will Linzi, I got loads of filthy looks from the rest of group lol you could almost hear them all saying that men lose it easier than women. To top it off we won the raffle prize too so walked away with a load of extra goodies :D

Feet back on ground though, today is a new week and I need to be strict with myself after tomorrow's pub session!

Yes, everyone is now envious of you...8lbs...wow!!

Enjoy the pub session :D I wangled a half day so going to watch it at home...no pub for me now until NEXT friday :)

Back