A Male Food Diary (with female inspiration of course!)

Thanks, great tip :D I'll be sure to remember that. Shared a Twirl with the OH last night, 11.5 syns for the full lot so counting 6 for half (easier than saying 5.75!)

No probs - I like to put them in the freezer first so they are harder to eat and last longer :8855:

Thursday

Breakfast: 2x Weetabix (HeB) with 250ml semi skimmed milk (HeA)

Lunch: Ham salad with lettuce, red onion, pepper and cherry tomatoes

Dinner: Cod wrapped in bacon with lemon, parsley and garlic rubbed in with SW chips, broccoli and mushy peas.

Total syns for today = 0

Friday

Lunch: Mint Choc Hi Fi Bar (6 syns)

Dinner: Feeling bad tonight and gave in to weeks of takeaway cravings...but went for Chinese and had Chicken with Cashew nuts (13 syns for 510g portion) and Fried Rice (4 syns for 300g portion)

Total syns for today = 23 :-/ (making up by flexi synning though and did 30 mins running today on Wii fit and 30 mins swimming tonight!)

Saturday

Forgot to update yesterday as rather busy!

Lunch: Cheesy Mug Shot (can't remember exact flavour name!) (3 syns)

Dinner: Cottage Pie from EE Cookbook (syn free)

Snack: Laughing Cow Extra Light triangle (2 syns)

Total syns for today = 5

Sunday

Breakfast: Grilled bacon with all fat removed, 2 slices of Hovis Wholemeal bread (HeB) & Beans (syn free)

Lunch: Cottage Pie (syn free) and 2 clemantines

Dinner: Cheesy pasta with bacon, onion and garlic (our take on Carbonara!) using half a tube of Primula Light each (HeA)

Snack: Laughing Cow Extra Light triangle (2 syns)

Total syns for today = 2

How are you finding the grilled Bacon with fat cut off ...I struggle with bacon seems so dry try to have Gammon instead seems to stay more moist

Weight Watchers do a pack of bacon medallions which stay really moist - about £1.75 in Asda with 8 slices in it x

Hi Mutts I find it's not too bad to be honest. I only get the one with the fat on most of the time because our local Londis shop does it on BOGOF (£2.99 a pack for 8 rashers). Especially yesterday when I had it with beans it was very nice indeed!

Thanks for the tip Moomin I'll be sure to look out for those ones next time I'm doing the "big shop" :)

Chris

I'm amazed to say I lost 1lb this week! Unbelievable bearing in mind we had two meals out and a heavy drinking night in Newcastle on Saturday!!

Having set myself up for a maintain or even a small gain I am really pleased to have still lost - hopefully I can focus this week and lose 2lbs!

I'll also restart my online food diary having let it fall by the wayside over the last week and a half!

Wednesday

Breakfast -
2x Weetabix (HeB) with 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk (HeA)

Snack - 2x Clemantines

Lunch - SW quiche made with ham, chives and onion

Dinner - Beef Stew from SW website (5 syns for the onion gravy as went a bit overboard!) Wasn't that great though as the stewing steak was rather fatty so left a lot of it. Consequently:

Supper - 2 slices of WW Brown Danish with ham omlette on top (4 syns)

Total Syns = 9

Last edited:
Thursday's Plan

Breakfast -

Snack - 2x Clemantines

Lunch - Ham and Laughing Cow E. Light (1 syn) cheese in between two slices of WW Brown Danish (4 syns)

Dinner - Sausage Pasta made with own tomato sauce (chilli, paprika, basil, etc) (4 syns for the sausages)

Total Syns = 9

Last edited:
Friday's Plan

Breakfast -

Lunch - Remaining pasta and sausage from last night (syns counted yesterday)

Dinner - Well I said something with chicken, I didn't anticipate caving in to desire and having a chicken parmo (a Teesside delicacy involving chicken breast topped with beschemel (sp?) sauce and laced with cheddar cheese) - syns unknown but bloody high!!!

Total Syns = Who knows? :(

Last edited:
Saturday's Plan

Breakfast -
Lean grilled bacon with egg on 3 slices of toast made with WW Brown Danish (HeB)

Snack - 2x Clemantines

Lunch - Not sure yet...to be updated, but a lovely looking Chocolate Souffle for after which I made up earlier this evening from the SW Desert Syns book (3 syns each I think)

Dinner - Cheese Pasta and bacon made with Primula Deli Light (HeA)

Total Syns = 3

Been rubbish at updating this recently, WI tonight was 4.5lbs off and SOTW along with the Bronze Body Magic award for last week. Really pleased after another "heavy" week, obviously my flexi synning worked lol.

Here's to a much better behaved week and more weight loss. Going on holiday in under 4 weeks so if I can lose 2lbs a week before then it'll be almost 2 stone off before the holiday...only bad thing with that is that I now need a new wardrobe since my T Shirts now look like night dresses!! lol

Having missed WI last week due to the school hols and being out and about on days out, I was stunned this week to go in to a 0.5lbs loss. I was fully expecting a hefty gain after two bad weeks of eating out, drinking to excess (and beyond!!) and other stuff, but 4 hours of exercise last week and 6.5 hours in the last seven days including walking the 4 and a bit miles round trip to/from work one day seems to have paid off.

Back