A Male Food Diary (with female inspiration of course!)

Enjoy the pub session :D I wangled a half day so going to watch it at home...no pub for me now until NEXT friday :)

Well done on getting a half day, think I'm just going to stay local. And I'll get to count 15 minutes exercise in walking to/from the pub :8855:

Well done on your 8lb loss, bet your pleased!

Thanks Kaz, never thought I'd be able to lose more than 2lbs in a week and was hoping to lose 1 stone before I go on hol in August so to be nearly there with 8 weeks to go is pleasing.

I couldn't have done it without this fabulous forum though, some of the recipe ideas and support have really helped!!

Wednesday

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HeB) with 250ml semi skimmed milk (HeA)

Lunch: Mug shot sweet chilli noodles (syn free)

Dinner:
Pasta in homemade tomato sauce with grilled lean bacon, peppers and onions. (syn free)

Snack(!): Pint of Carling (9.5 syns), Pint of Coors Extra Light (10 syns) and two bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale (20 syns), oh and a Mini Babybel Light (2 syns)!

I have worked the syn values on the pints based on the 500ml bottle values and adjusted for the fact that a pint is around 568ml.

Now I need to flexi-syn the rest of the week lol

Total syns for today = 41.5

Last edited:
Thursday

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HeB) with 250ml semi skimmed milk (HeA).

Lunch: Jacket potato with beans and a Muller Light with Dark Cherry and Choc (2 syns)

Dinner:
Spicy Chicken, Spinach and Potato Curry from our most recent acquisition "SW Extra Easy Cookbook". Very nice it was too - tasted just like Bombay Potatoes!

Total syns for today = 2 (still flexi-syning from yesterday!)

Friday

Putting this on now as picking my son up after school tomorrow straight after I finish work (0545 start again yuck), so probably won't be on much tomorrow night.
Breakfast: 42g All Bran (HeB) with 250ml semi skimmed milk (HeA).

Lunch: Baked potato with Baked Beans and L.F. Cottage Cheese

Dinner:
Penne with Rich Pork & Tomato Ragu (also from Extra Easy Cookbook)

Snack: Muller Light, Strawberries, Raspberries

Total syns for today = 0

Good stuff fella

I gotta say I struggle to use my sins too

I have a bag of walkers french fries a day I don't need to hit my 5 sins all the experienced members say use em so trying to get my 5 a day

Thanks Mutts - there's an idea actually because I love crisps and along with chocolate they have been the biggest give-ups of this new lifestyle. May look at the syn values of some to see which ones I might be able to re-introduce.

My view is that if I am happy without syns I will continue because it's doing me the world of good.

Saturday

Breakfast: Ham Omlette

Lunch: Remaining Rich Pork & Tomato Ragu from last night.

Dinner:
BBQ for the out-laws coming down to visit. Making home made lamb & feta burgers (using feta as HeA) in wholemeal bun (HeB), along with home made lean minced beef, chilli and onion burgers (should be free but I know the feelings on changing free foods for ones which may not be as healthy so will be mindful of the fact they may be synned), along with jacket potato and some spicy sausages (bought a while back and frozen so no idea what syn values, but having no other syns today)

Snack: Muller Light & Strawberries

Total syns for today = See above...unknown but minimal

Sunday

Had a terrible afternoon - having swapped to an early start at work and taken a half days leave I wonder why?!

Breakfast: Hi Fi bar

Lunch: SW Quiche from yesterday with bacon and onion - even better second time around!

Dinner:
Was supposed to be making Keema Curry from our new recipe book however left it too late in the day so ended up making beef burgers (I know, second day running!) except this time with more chilli and SW chips and salad.

Syns: 3x 250ml Kronenbourg bottles (5 syns each)

Total syns for today = 15

Monday

Breakfast: 2x Weetabix (HeB) with 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk (HeA)

Lunch: Baked potato with baked beans and VLF Cottage Cheese

Dinner:
Kheema Curry - it's on the hob now and smells delicious! (syn free too). No wholegrain rice left so may have to use an Uncle Bens Microwave Express one (1-3 syns depending on which flavour I grab)

Total syns for today = TBA

Hi Chris

Is the kheema curry recipe in the SW curry book?

Sounds delicious!

Hi Linzi no it's from the Extra Easy book. Just finished it now and it is wonderful!!

Thanks Claire, I am targeting myself for 2lbs loss a week. If I can do that it's another stone off before holiday.

Fingers crossed!

Tuesday

Well, it's WI day and hopefully the 45 minutes of running on the wii fit this morning has helped burn off the last few lingering calories from a heavy week.

Breakfast: 2x Weetabix (HeB) with 250ml semi skimmed milk (HeA)

Lunch: Chicken fried in fry light with ginger, chives, coriander, cayenne pepper and chives served with Ainsley Harriott's Moroccan Medley Couscous (1/2 syn)

Dinner: Remaining Kheema curry from last night (syn free) with two small jacket potatoes

Snack: Strawberries in VLF Onken Vanilla Yoghurt (first time I've had this and it is very nice indeed!)

Total syns for today = 1/2

Wednesday

Back on plan, 1lb off last week because of the alcohol!! :(

Breakfast: 42g All Bran (HeB) with 125ml semi skimmed milk (HeA split)

Lunch: Strawberry Hi Fi Bar (6 syns :eek:) and 3 Laughing Cow Light triangles (HeA split)

Dinner: Steak with all fat removed fried in Fry Light with SW roast potatoes and Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce (syn free :D)

Snack: 2x clemantines

Total syns for today = 6

Nothing in for lunch today and no time to make it since I had to go into work on my day off 1130-1730 to chair a safety meeting. Hi Fi bar all I could manage!

1lb is still very good! I'd give my syn bin full of chocolate to lose 1lb atm! Well done :)

Found the Kheema curry in the EE book, gonna try it some time :) thanks for telling me where it is - as you can tell, I bought the books and whilst I read them a lot, I hardly ever cook from em :p x

Thanks ladies...I know 1lb is still a loss but I think it's because I had set myself up for losing at least 1.5lbs and getting my stone award after just 3 weeks. All the more reason to go all out on it this week :)

The EE cookbook is excellent Linzi, we've made so many recipies from it in the last few weeks, Kheema curry was really nice as was the Rich Pork & Tomato Ragu.

Let me know which ones you try and what you thought of them :)

Just had a peek at your work here Chris - looking good.
If your craving a bit of choccy I find a curly wurly at 6.5 syns works a treat x x x

Back