A message for all new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Mini that's a great help, just goes to show I made the right decision joining! x

Oooops, I forgot to introduce myself last week. :eek: I have 18stone to lose & started on Lipotrim just over a week ago. It's hard, but I was over the moon with my first weeks loss. Just need to keep it up now! Need to get fit & healthy as I'd like to start a family, although I also have PCOS so that may not be so simple. I've loved reading peoples stories on here, great inspiration when things get tough.

have been lurking for too long-gonna build up posts & try to join in-
it's a great forum

juliex

Hi there, I came across this site while searching for Slimming World. I joined Slimming World last week and have quite a lot to lose. In the past I done Weightwatcher but felt like a change. This site looks like the encouragement that I need! I still feel quite shy about posting but I guess the more I do the easier it will get.

Hiya im new to this forum and i was going to post my 'story' and ask for some advice but couldnt see how to write a post or thread ??? help please !! thanks

Hi there deeby welcome, are you following a diet plan? are you waiting for surgery? if you go to the main index you will see lots of different forums start your thread in the one that interests you the most. If you need any help just shout.;)

I'm new to this forum, the whole idea as usually use FB. I have PCOS and am currently recovering from invasive surgery on my knee so have limited activity rates at the mo and have done for 3 years now. A friend and I are just about to start SW (think a slimming buddy may help) this week to loose weight and as soon as the Dr gives me the go ahead I will be back in the gym and pool as want to get fit by the end of April next year and hope it will help me to have a much wanted baby. Fingers crossed it works out well.

I'm new to this forum, the whole idea as usually use FB. I have PCOS and am currently recovering from invasive surgery on my knee so have limited activity rates at the mo and have done for 3 years now. A friend and I are just about to start SW (think a slimming buddy may help) this week to loose weight and as soon as the Dr gives me the go ahead I will be back in the gym and pool as want to get fit by the end of April next year and hope it will help me to have a much wanted baby. Fingers crossed it works out well.

Hello there Pinktiger :welcome:there is so much info on SW here have a good look around.

Good Luck with your weight loss journey, keep us posted, hope your knee gets better soon.

I've taken the plunge!!!

I mean i've taken the plunge and registered on this site !!.I have been reading your threads for a few weeks now.Anyway due to health reasons,I can't do much at present & am starting to eat all the wrong things.I have been going to SW classes since June and have lost 16 lbs and dropped a dress size. I have tried to diet in the past but only manage to lose a couple of lbs. anyway ,that's enough from me .wendy:wave_cry:

Hey, I'm new here. I've heard a lot of great things about SW so I decided to give it a try. :) I went to my first class yesterday and I love it already! I've been checking out the site for a while now and I'm glad I've finally joined it, I really need the encouragement.
Enough about me, all I know is that I'm ready for sometin good to happen, wish me luck.XX Scouzer.

Well, Hi I`m davie...... I have been overweight for maybe 3 years now, and it feels its all I am judged on...... I have never been accepted for my perssonality only rejected because of the weight. My confidence is rock bottom..... I want to do this for me and my family and to feel happy within myself.....
Welcome Davieee, your quote above struck a note with me, think is, you are doing it for the right reasons. At the moment I am on two slimfast drinks a day and a meal at night plus I go to the gym or go spinning most nights and it seems to be working for me.
The very best of luck and once you have lost weight and people start to notice, your confidence and will to carry on will rocket.

Just to say hi

I'm a newbie to the forum and trying to learn my way round.:wave_cry:

I am currently on the Kee plan but thanks to your forum I might try the Avidlite stuff.

I did LL last year and did very well but I then was out of work and could not continue.

In March my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer and so I am staying with her as her carer and money is tight. Because of the stress etc I ate all the bad stuff and put all my weight back on.

Now mum's in remission and I have to start sorting myself out again.

I understand some folks on here are not keen on the kee plan but I hope I can cope with it or the Avidlite as I have the previous knowledge learned at LL.

I am taking a good quality multi vit.

OK thats me, I won't bother you further I hope I can make some friends on here.

Kitt:kitty:

hi kitt ,good luck with your weight loss journey.I like you ,tend to eat when i'm stressed. I hope your mum is doing well. Maybe we could support each other if we feel stressed? wendy

Thanks Wendy

I was hoping to find some friends along the way. I miss the backup I had in the group on LL.

I'm still learning my way around on here.

Not too sure where to go arfter this thread.

I'll figure it out.

Kitt

Hi Everyone, I found this site when trying to find the syn value of mattersons turkey Rashers....still not found the answer yet...hahah. Given time i'm sure i will find it. i find sites like these very helpful, informative and friendly.

hi - i'm new

Hello I am Chris, live in south west cornwall. I am in my 50's (never mind - still young in my head!) Just joined Slimming World - first week, not doing too bad. In total would like to loose 3 or 4 stone, but that is obviously a few months and a lot of controlled syns away. I have joined by accident (google) and thought how nice it would be to make friends with people in the same boat and learn new tips and also give tips myself.
Hello everyone
Chris x

Newbie :)

Hi

I'm new re-joined Slimming World online on Sunday :cool:.
Lost weight before but it slowly crept back on... onwards and downwards :flirt2:

New starter

Hi,
Just wanted to say hi to everyone I am new to this site, started sw today have a lot to lose about 4 stone. I will be sticking to the green days as I dont eat a lot of meat can you still get a good weight loss with just the green day. Any suggestions would be a help as it seems like a hugh task to lose all this weight. I cant tell you how many times I have lost weight and vowed never to put it back on and what do you know I put it on again I must of been dieting for the last 16 years and just getting nowhere fast. I have a goal of next year so giving myself plenty of time got a holiday booked and going with friends one who is very skinny so I have to get slim so I can feel good and look good.:eek:

New girl

Hi I am new to this site. Want to lose 3 stones and joined Rosemary Conley last week. Have had struggles like others on this site but am sick of the weight and really want it off. Am giving myself until July 2010 as want to go to America to visit my family. As a mini goal am aiming to lose half a stone by Christmas. Would be very grateful for support and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back