A message for all new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone - just joined today! Am aiming to loose about two stone by june, its my 30th bday and my OH got me a 3 week holiday in thailand for xmas and to celebrate so thats my 'thinspiration'!!

I am doing ww at home as meetings are very expensive. I lost weight a few years ago using the ww plan so heres hoping I can do it again! Am feeling pretty positive and this site looks great ;)

Hello everyone! I was recommended this site by a friend and I can tell it's going to be invaluable already.
I'm 34, currently weigh about a stone less than my heaviest but it's still far too much, my BMI is currently in the obese category at 13 stone 10 :(
I've yo-yo'd since my teens, my lowest weight was 10 stone 4 about three years ago but it's piled on since then and I've used WW and SW but I suppose never really understood the logic behind points/syns/free food etc.
Today I decided to get a grip for 2010 and have joined Nutracheck which is basically just an online food diary but for the first time I understand how many calories I'm supposed to eat a day to lose weight. I'm on 1400 per day plus 200 to burn in exercise and they reckon I can lose 2 1/2 stone by May 17th...it's on the calendar to motivate me!

Wish me luck guys :)

Newbie!

Hey Everyone, Im new to the site :wave_cry:

Just want to say and reading all stories and posts is really inspiring me!!

Starting Slimming World tomorrow although i have done it numerous times in the past i just havent always stuck to it! But new year new start eh!:D

Thanks Lush . . . I ended up going back to Weight Watchers as money is tight at the moment and I found a free weigh in voucher!

I will keep you posted. x

Hello hello

Hi guys! I'm a newb trying to find my way around the site hoping to be able to get extra info i'll need and help other posters too!

I turned 21 back in april and by september my weight had crept up to 17st 9lb my heaviest ever. I resolved witht he start of the new uni semester to join ww and get rid for good! I've lost 29lb so far and loving the ww approach.

Anyhow here's to slimmer happier us!

Hi everyone,

Found this web sight after doing a google search. I've been following a low carb/ paleo diet for awhile with success at weight loss and good health. Thought to become a member to learn what others are doing to improve their health and share what I've done too.

Hey all I'm Missa and I'm a 26yr old female from Leeds. I have decided to join this site as I desperately need to lose weight. About 3 years ago....or more ^_^ lol I weighed in at 14.7 st and went down to 12.7 st then eventually 12 st which was a big achievement for me. Now I have let myself go and my weight has gone upto 13.8. I lack motivation and really need some help to get down to my target weight as I don't want to be a size 18/20 again.

I will be starting the slimmers world diet so hopefully this will help me to get down to my target weight. I would really appreciate any form of encourage, advice or tips throughout this process from all you good people out there.

I look forward to hearing from you all. Goodluck with your weightloss.

Hey, im Shauna. I decided to join as I hope it will inspire me to lose some weight! I am going on holidays in July with my boyfriend and have told myself that I am NOT going if I still look the way i do today!
Goodluck everyone

Hi,

Found this site answering a lot of my diet questions on google so thought id sign up!! :)

I was on slimming world 2008 and lose 1 1/2 stone!! Only i was made redundant and fell off the wagon only to put it all back on by Nov 09.

So I rejoined my local group but dont seem to have time to go anymore! Im now weighing in at boots in my lunch break and wanted a bit of group support from here!

Looking forward to talking to you all

Jess

hi

hi, i just joined yesterday and haven't got a clue what i'm doing, never joined anything like this before. i'm sure i'l get the hang of it tho
:D

I love it when I see a new member has joined us. It won't be long before you feel at home with us and feel confident enough to post in lots of threads.

Until then why not start a new thread in this section and tell us a little bit about yourself and ask us questions if you need help with either weight loss or the site.

Looking forward to reading your introductions

Irene xx

Hello everyone
I'm new to the site. Just started back on cd for 2nd time did it this time last year and successfully lost 4 stone. Need to lose around 2 and half now.
Haven't got a clue what I'm doing on here there are just too many threads to choose from! So any help appreciated.
xxxx

Hi everyone,

I've just joined this site too and it's the first forum site I've been on so I'll probably take some time to get used to it! I'm about to start the Weight To Go diet soon so I think this site will help to keep me on track knowing I'm not alone!

The weight has sneakily crept up over the last few years so I'm aiming to lose a healthy 2 stones in the first instance.

Good luck to everyone!

Hello everyone
I'm new to the site. Just started back on cd for 2nd time did it this time last year and successfully lost 4 stone. Need to lose around 2 and half now.
Haven't got a clue what I'm doing on here there are just too many threads to choose from! So any help appreciated.
xxxx

Hi everyone,

I've just joined this site too and it's the first forum site I've been on so I'll probably take some time to get used to it! I'm about to start the Weight To Go diet soon so I think this site will help to keep me on track knowing I'm not alone!

The weight has sneakily crept up over the last few years so I'm aiming to lose a healthy 2 stones in the first instance.

Good luck to everyone!

Welcome to MiniMins Jen 84 and Midgetgem74,

If you read the link below it will help you make your way around.

If you click on the User CP on the blue bar at the top of the page you will find there all the threads that you have posted on.

If you click on Forum Jump on the blue bar you will see a list of forums where you can click on the one you want.

Clicking on MiniMins at the top of the page will bring you to the front page where you can get a birds eye view of all the forums.

New Posts on the blue bar if you click on it will show you all the latest posts as they happen.

If you need any help at any time please ask.
http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-new-members-guided-tour-minimins.html

Hi all, I registered but it wont let me make an introduction thread, I type the post, press submit, but then get a blank page, any suggestions?

Hello Im new too

Hi thanks for the welcome. Im Em, 24 live in sale and I became engaged to my boyfriend in October 2009 and have 2 years to lose about 5 1/2 6 stone :wave_cry:. I am determind to do it but have always battled with my weight. I started SW diet last Monday and weighed myself. Following it myself with my mums help I got on the scales this morning to find ive lost 7lb!!!!!!!!!! :D I couldnt belive it, Ive done SW before and know you always lose more on your first week but ive never lost that much before.
Emxxx

I am new :wave_cry:. Started SW at the start of the month and hoping to lose 28lbs :eek:/

Just Joined

Hiya,

I've just this second joined. Been looking at the forums for some time now when (well before xmas) when i was well into slimming world, and found it really useful. I went off track and then got back onto it but found i was putting on more weight, so iv scrapped slimming world. I lost 3stone a few years ago calorie counting so was considering that again, however just been looking at how many options and differnt foods there is on weightwatchers now and am thinking about that! Has anyone got any suggestions?? Could really do with the support this time round, keep me going...:) x

SW extra easy

Hi there, dont know if this is any help but before Xmas i heard about SW new eating plan called Xtra Easy, it is a combination between red and green days. So you can actually eat potatoes with meat as much as you like and pasta with meat sauce as much as you like. I didnt believe but i did lose 6lbs in a week. But then Xmas came so i put it all back on. But i plan to start again tomorrow. Hope this helps

Sounds to good to be true Teresa! WEll done on your 6lbs loss.

Thanks for the welcome Irene. I am new to the site.
I have a 4 month old and joined minimims to get some support with losing my 3 stone baby weight.
I have joined the calorie counting forum since this works best for me (combined with exercise 4/5 times per week). The members on that section seem really friendly so I look forward to exploring the rest of your website as well over the coming months.

Thanks for setting up a fab site x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back