A message for all new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, and Great site.

Well I am Andrew (or Drew) for short. I am currently following avidlites very low calorie diet. Only on day four at the moment and getting good results already. Im here to read peoples inspirational stories and use them for motivation to help me lose the weight.

A little about me, im 25, a guy from Dundee in little ol' scotland. I used to be 12 stone but was forced to move back to my parents house. Big mistake, No control over what im eating I put on 6 stones to land me in the 18stone category. I did the atkins diet for about 3 weeks which i was realtivy successful with having lost a stone. But I sorta fell off it and put on a few pounds.

Ive decided to follow a VLCD mainly because I dont really have control over what I am eating. I just get what I get on it. I've passed the hunger stage thankfully but I am suffering the awful ketosis breath.

Anyways, already this site has been a great help and I want to say thanks.

Drew

Hi. I'm a newbie to the site and to dieting properly. I have been on diets before but never stuck to them. I am really going to try hard this time and think that being part of this online community will help me loads. I am going to a WW meeting tonight and will be on here as soon as i get back to get some ideas and inspiration. I love my bacon sarnies and my chocolate and my 6 red bulls a day so this is going to be super difficult! :sigh: I have no idea what my weight is atm but know its over 17stone. My ideal weight for myself is 15and half stone or there abouts. I plan on getting this nailed in the next 6 months if possible. I think this is turning into a mighty lonng introduction so i will end it here. Thanks for reading and happy weight loss all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!

Hi I joined Slimming World this week!
Someone told me about this site a while ago but I was a little confused!! (stupid or what!)
I thought there was a tutor page but now am unable to find it!
could you send me in the right direction:cry:

Another newbie...

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Been watching the site for a while now and decided to take the plunge today. I'm a year into SW, lost around 6.5 stones and got a bit more to go. I wanted to join in here to keep me motivated over the next few months. Hope that's OK with you guys. Thanks for the opportunity... :)

Thank you for the welcome

Hi, Thank you for the welcome. I am New to the site but not to slimming world. I was going to a class in home town but found my shift pattens with work and other commitments did not suit these. So I heard about this site from a friend and decided to take a look and here I am. I have lost over a stone since I started in June 09. I wonder is there a class online that you can do ?
Well thank you once again for the welcome and I look forward to reading and joining in with the forum threads.

Positive Mental Attitude x

SW and WW both have online tracking and plans. I know a friend of a friend who lost alot of weight following the online plan with sw. Best of luck. x

Just joined this site last night and finding it a bit confusing but hopefully will find my way around it pretty soon. Joined WW tonight (14.10 1/2) - nearly died and took my first reductil so hopefully this is the last time I see this weight.

Hi,
My name is Laura
Im new to this and not quite sure what to say....
I started on the cambridge diet on wednesday 20 January in my first week and im hoping to find someone who can help me along and i can help them.

hope to hear from anyone soon

xx

NewB

Hi all!!!
Im Rach, Im new to this site and the whole idea of being on a forum. Im getting married in May 2012, got engaged yesterday. I was going on a diet anyway because I say a picture of myself and thought of a hamster with my cheeks looking so chubby!
My friend told me about this forum, about how supportive you all are to her mum and I thought I would give it a go

Dum dum dum...

Hi Everyone

Just found the website today - im a Cambridge Diet Restarter (formally did Lipotrim.

Would like to get on a thread for weekly weigh-in's - anyone recommend one, let me know :) Thanks

Hello

Hi
I've just joined this forum. I've done WW for ages but have decided I'm bored with it, hence it's not working so well for me now. I've dug out my old SW books to give that another go. I lost loads (3st) with SW as a postal member about 10 yrs ago, and loved it then, so thought I would try it again. I've no idea how the new versions of the plan work, so will be using my old red/green days for now. Anyway, I've got about 1.5 st to lose to get where I like to be. have made a good start today so let's hope it continues - good luck and best wishes to you all !
Julie

Hi,
I found this by chance whilst looking for something else ,looks great though so i thought i`d give it a try :) .
I have been doing slimmimg world for almost 12 weeks and have am almost at my 2 stone loss , and think its fantastic!
Mya :happy036:

Thanks for creating such a fab site. I have joined the calorie counting section and it is really friendly x

Hi, I'm new to this, though I have medical problems and have been overweight all my life. Don't know where to start. I've tried all sorts of diets, Xenical and meal replacements but my metabolism is so low (I put on weight over 600 cal/day!!). Having heard of the side effects of Rimonabant (Acomplia) recently I am scared of taking any more pills. (Anyone used/using this????) I am thinking of bariatric surgery but I can't say I over-eat so how can this help? Any help would be gratefully received.
Cheers!

Day 2 just saying hello.

Hi
I'm on my second day on Lipotrim.

Lost 2 and a half stone a few years ago - kept most of it off for that time, but it's been creeping up again, so decided to go back on it for 3 weeks (with 1 week refeeding at the end) to whack it on the head.

Getting on ok so far!

Thanks for providing a forum like this - I'm hoping it'll keep me on the straight and narrow!

I'm 10 stone 9 and a quarter pounds and I'm looking to lose 14lbs over the next 3 weeks full LT and 1 week refeed.

Haven't a clue how to do the ticker thing - so will try just typing it out instead!

Michelle63

Hi everyone, I am new to the site and very new to very low calorie diets! I am starting Cambridge plan on Monday as I have a work even on Friday so having one last good night out. Have my food packs ready and keen to get that dreaded first week out the way.
Good luck to everyone xx Miss P

Hi, I'm about to start the Idiot Proof diet (when I've gone shopping at the weekend!). I have back problems so need to shift some weight to improve my health. And shop wherever I want, of course!

Hi, Im a Newie on here to with back problems too. So far walking is the only exercise I seem capable of doing without paying for it to much later on. Any suggestions to up the anti - without doing to much further damage? Seems a slow decrease when you can't exercise as much as you'd like. Thanks for your suggestions Jacquie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back