A message for all new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I've just joined this after looking for low gi recipes!

I have pcos and hence have slight issues(!) with my weight! I've tried loads of stuff which starts to work and then stops. My doctor isn't overly bothered which is kind of annoying so I guess i'm looking for some support and someone to kick me up the backside and tell me to get myself into gear! The low gi thing isn't going as well as I would have hoped. I lost 3 pounds in the first week in January and then nothing since! I really don't know what I am doing wrong :(

I know it's harder to lose weight with pcos but surely if I haven't lost a single pound in 2 months i'm doing something wrong! I exercise 4 times a week-mainly aerobics-usually for 30 minutes (although sometimes 20 mins if i'm really tired!). I've stopped putting sugar in my tea, drink loads of water and snack on fruits! My main meals are all within the low gi list.

So confused!!!

Hi KG2007,

I know how you are feeling, I have put on just over 3 stones in less then 12mths, I moved jobs and house and was feeling very out of routine and was comfort eating to deal with stress. I have always struggled with my weight but I did get down to 8 stone 10 Ibs by doing weight watchers and lots of running. However, since getting out of my rountine and putting on all this weight I have found that Weight Watchers just isn't working as good as it used to! I would loose 3 Ib one week then 2 1/2 the next then nothing, even though I am doing losts of exercise and sticking to the diet 100% It is so de-motivating I want cry. However, after joining this forum and looking into the VLCD such as lipotrim and the Cambridge diet I have decided I want this weight off as quick as possible and before summer. I have decided to start the Cambridge diet Sole Source programme. I have booked in with my local consultant for next saturday morning and I am very very excited. I know that this will work and that will keep me motivated. Weight watchers is and has been good but it's just to slow and when you can only fit in one pair of jeans it feels even slower!!

Have you thought about doing something like the cambridge diet?

Keep you chin up chuck I know how hard it is xx

Hi all,
I just joined and need help to shift off aleast 3 stones of weight :(. I've lost 1st 5lbs so far and now i'm struggling :banghead:. HELP!

If you search the forum for the word "Plateau" youll find some really interesting stuff about what you can do to help restart the weight loss - its all to do with your body getting used to the new diet plan!

Ive been experiencing the same thing myself for the last couple of weeks, 2 and a half stone gone, now im just stuck! but thats what this forum is great for, real life tips and inspiration from those who have already been through it!!!

xxxxx

I feel really welcome already! Just had lunch (half a wholemeal bagel, phildelphia light and an apple!) but the cruel ladies in the office have brought in Prawn Cocktail Pringles which happen to be my weakness...I WILL stay strong! Just bought a new sports bra and the day its delivered im going for a nice stress busting, calorie burning run!

Smilie List Click a smilie to insert it into your message.
Generic Smilies
:confused::confused::mad::mad::sigh::sigh::wave_cry::wave_cry::p:p;);):D:D:cry::cry::eek::eek::):):(:(:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool::eek::eek::break_diet::break_diet::jelous::jelous:Latest Smilies
:flirt2::flirt2::4635::4635::family2::family2::4633::4633::love::love::kissass::kissass::candledinner::candledinner::553::553::dragon::dragon::love047::love047::479::479::copon::copon::tear_drop::tear_drop::17729::17729::8855::8855:Extra Smilies
:gen147::gen147::7600::7600::banghead::banghead::rotflmao::rotflmao::brainfart::brainfart::ignore::ignore::character00201::character00201::sign0007::sign0007::strikeout_button::strikeout_button::drool::drool::whistle::whistle::gen144::gen144::badmood::badmood::read::read::booboo::booboo::hug99::hug99::pcwhack::pcwhack::doh::doh::wavey::wavey::gen126::gen126::angeldevil::angeldevil::raincloud::raincloud::beam::beam::hitthefan::hitthefan::character00180::character00180::missing::missing::devilangel::devilangel::vibes::vibes::gen125::gen125::airquote::airquote::queen::queen::argh::argh::hide::hide::character00148::character00148::massmoon::massmoon::cupid::cupid::thinking2::thinking2::flowers::flowers::psiholog::psiholog::help2::help2::crazy::crazy::thankyou::thankyou::eatdrink051::eatdrink051::princess::princess::character0053::character0053::sign0163::sign0163::grouphugg::grouphugg::character00116::character00116::lost::lost::coffee::coffee::superwoman::superwoman::eatdrink023::eatdrink023::patback::patback::sign0151::sign0151::worthy::worthy::giveup::giveup::character00115:
Smilie List Click a smilie to insert it into your message.
Generic Smilies
:confused::confused::mad::mad::sigh::sigh::wave_cry::wave_cry::p:p;);):D:D:cry::cry::eek::eek::):):(:(:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool::eek::eek::break_diet::break_diet::jelous::jelous:Latest Smilies
:flirt2::flirt2::4635::4635::family2::family2::4633::4633::love::love::kissass::kissass::candledinner::candledinner::553::553::dragon::dragon::love047::love047::479::479::copon::copon::tear_drop::tear_drop::17729::17729::8855::8855:Extra Smilies
:gen147::gen147::7600::7600::banghead::banghead::rotflmao::rotflmao::brainfart::brainfart::ignore::ignore::character00201::character00201::sign0007::sign0007::strikeout_button::strikeout_button::drool::drool::whistle::whistle::gen144::gen144::badmood::badmood::read::read::booboo::booboo::hug99::hug99::pcwhack::pcwhack::doh::doh::wavey::wavey::gen126::gen126::angeldevil::angeldevil::raincloud::raincloud::beam::beam::hitthefan::hitthefan::character00180::character00180::missing::missing::devilangel::devilangel::vibes::vibes::gen125::gen125::airquote::airquote::queen::queen::argh::argh::hide::hide::character00148::character00148::massmoon::massmoon::cupid::cupid::thinking2::thinking2::flowers::flowers::psiholog::psiholog::help2::help2::crazy::crazy::thankyou::thankyou::eatdrink051::eatdrink051::princess::princess::character0053::character0053::sign0163::sign0163::grouphugg::grouphugg::character00116::character00116::lost::lost::coffee::coffee::superwoman::superwoman::eatdrink023::eatdrink023::patback::patback::sign0151::sign0151::worthy::worthy::giveup::giveup::character00115:

I'm new!

Hi all
I'm new and i'm looking forward to making new friends and getting some good tips to help me with my weightloss ;).
I've lost 1st 5lbs so far but still need to loose another 3 stones (or more). I'm struggling alittle now :banghead:. Would like some good tips that may help me keep on track and not give up PLEASE! Look forward to hearing from you guyz!
Thanx!

If you search the forum for the word "Plateau" youll find some really interesting stuff about what you can do to help restart the weight loss - its all to do with your body getting used to the new diet plan!

Ive been experiencing the same thing myself for the last couple of weeks, 2 and a half stone gone, now im just stuck! but thats what this forum is great for, real life tips and inspiration from those who have already been through it!!!

xxxxx

Hey Thanx!
I'll check it out!
Also can you tell me how i can add my weight loss ticker to my messages? Please.
Thanx.

Hi Chocolate!

Thanks for that-what's the Cambridge diet? I liked the idea of the low gi because I have pcos- is the Cambridge diet good for people with pcos?

Oh and I totally know what you mean about the one pair of jeans! I have about 20 sitting in my cupboard and can only fit into one. I seem to only have the weight around my face and stomach though. My size 12 jeans will still fit my legs :S

I hate the fact that the weight is around my face-I had some professional photos done (just as a little fun with my cousin) and when I saw the pictures I couldn't believe it-my face looked huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!

Ahhh well gym tonight and then some balsamic glazed steak with green beans for dinner (which I am assured is low gi and healthy!) I will be making sure the steak isn't too big and I have plenty of green beans though!!!!

Hi Chocolate!

Thanks for that-what's the Cambridge diet? I liked the idea of the low gi because I have pcos- is the Cambridge diet good for people with pcos?

Oh and I totally know what you mean about the one pair of jeans! I have about 20 sitting in my cupboard and can only fit into one. I seem to only have the weight around my face and stomach though. My size 12 jeans will still fit my legs :S

I hate the fact that the weight is around my face-I had some professional photos done (just as a little fun with my cousin) and when I saw the pictures I couldn't believe it-my face looked huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!

Ahhh well gym tonight and then some balsamic glazed steak with green beans for dinner (which I am assured is low gi and healthy!) I will be making sure the steak isn't too big and I have plenty of green beans though!!!!

Slimming world has been proven to work with PCOS sufferers! I am one myself and ive managed to finally start shifting some pounds!!! lol xxx

PS - according to SW, its better to have more red days than green for PCOS sufferers!
and yes - it REALLY is a pain!!!
On slimming worlds web site, they have a section that discusses PCOS, might be worth a look?
xxxx

Elf

Hi there, I want to lose my baby weight and I'm going for my 2nd lipotrim weigh in tomorrow. I did maintenance as a lead in to it. I'm very low tech so I'm a bit boggled by the website instuctions! Just to wish everyone else luck with your weight loss. We can rebuild!
x Elf.

Got my first meeting with the Cambridge Diet person tomorrow, well tonight! Eep! Not too sure what to expect. Need to lose weight as I used to be a flyer in cheerleading (The people thrown in the air) and now I'm obviously too heavy to do that. I've tried like a billion diets, and even with all my cheer practice I can't seem to lose weight. It's a nightmare! My mom did this diet, so I'm hoping it'll work just as well for me as it did her! No Mexican Cheese is going to be a nightmare though! Wish me luck!

Hey all :D
Joined Slimming World two weeks ago and was on the hunt for recipes and found my way onto this site, loving all the ideas and decied to join up to help lose weight even more!

Got my first meeting with the Cambridge Diet person tomorrow, well tonight! Eep! Not too sure what to expect. Need to lose weight as I used to be a flyer in cheerleading (The people thrown in the air) and now I'm obviously too heavy to do that. I've tried like a billion diets, and even with all my cheer practice I can't seem to lose weight. It's a nightmare! My mom did this diet, so I'm hoping it'll work just as well for me as it did her! No Mexican Cheese is going to be a nightmare though! Wish me luck!

How did you get on? was it as 'EP' as you thought it was going to be??! xx

Hi joined 2 days ago, trying to put a ticker on my profile but it won't let me in....any ideas why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back