A message for all new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone i stumbled across you guys when looking for the syn value of cous cous.... never been on anything like this before so getting a little lost, think i have got my ticker up but then again it may just come up as a load of letters & symbols. I start Slimming World for the 2nd time tomorrow so fingers crossed i don't slip up. Wish me luck.

Gem xx

Hi Everyone!

Hey guys,

Just started my weight loss journey a week ago with slimming world! I have tried to lose several times before with little success - I find it hard to keep motivated! I have been with my boyfriend for three years - he is fantastic but I think being so comfortable and going out for meals has led to the weight piling on! Moving away from home to uni didn't help with cheap booze and lots of late night take aways!

I have lost 7lbs in my first week doing the slimming world diet and feel great!

I would really like to shift the pounds for my graduation ball and keep the weight off! I look forward to hearing all your stories and keeping eachother motivated!

Emzee :) x

Hi Everyone! I found this site whilst looking for a vlcd to follow and thought it looked good! Today I have started the Exante diet (similar but cheaper than LL and CD). Today has been ok, I feel pretty determined to lose 3 stone (ish) over the next 4 months (ish).

I tried weight watchers last year, lost about 1.5 stone but it's gradually crept back on since then. I'm doing a vlcd to shift a few stone, then I intend to revert back to a 'normal' diet plan.

Would love to hear from anyone who is doing th exante diet or something similar. There's no counselling with Exante so this website is going to become my support!! :D

Also I would love one of those weight tracker things at the bottom of my signature, how do I do it?! xx

Hello

Hello,

I'm Debbie and I'm 43 years old....have been yo-yoing for about half of those years! Have been looking around the site and decided to join. I'm not attending any slimming world groups yet but have all the books and am following the plan. Look forward to meeting everyone on the site and hope to lose about 3 stone :rolleyes:.

Thanks

Deb x

Hi i have just joined this site and never posted on any forums before so not sure how to use this yet but im willing to give it a go :)

I find it difficult to diet without support and my boyfriend dosnt understand how hard it can be, hoping this site can help :D

Hi!
I joined this community a couple of weeks ago but I didn't have so much time to introduce myself properly. Now I'm here to say hello to everybody and tell you a bit about me! I discovered this forum by chance surfing the Net and I thought it was really a great chance to find new friends to talk with and share tips on diets and weight loss programs.
About a month ago I started a diet based on the mediterranean eating style and my plan is going quite well so far. Actually, it was very difficult for me to find the “right diet”... I started so many and quit after a couple of weeks because they forced me to completely change my eating rythms and style. This one seems to be a good one, it reflects my eating habits and food preferences and it's quite a balanced one, so I hope everything's going to be alright... I've already lost some weight and I'm really proud of myself! Of course I still have some more pounds to lose, my journey is long and hard so, please, help me and give me your support!:)

Hi, I am kind of new - I did join last May and was doing cd but had to give up, am back on a VLCD now, doing it off my own back and wanted to come here for some moral support!!!

:)

Hi all, I have joined today as have begun the Avid lite diet and was wondering if there was any support out there. Hvae only begun today as I am hoping it helps me lose weight so that the fertility docs will prescribe me Clomid to help me conceive. I suffer from PCOS and therefore am not currently having periods....so heres to loosing the weight!!!!

Kelly

Hi every one i have been on lipotrim the last 3 days, was feeling very positive about it the last few days this evening i am finding it a bit difficult, starting to doubt i can do it.

Today at work they were organising a staff night out, which means eating and drinking, i told them i'm on a strict diet, but they were like you'll never last come on out and enjoy yourself. :0(

do i go, or not i think not, i'm too weak willed at the minute, i have to give this diet a proper chance. i guess i'm feeling a bit torn at the min.

Hi all, another newbie here, the site's doing well isn't it!? I guess because it's a really useful thing to hear the stories and ask the questions from others that have been there, done that (or still doing that!) :)

I've just started Lighter Life, on day 5 now so over the very tricky start, but I've got a real test coming up as some peeps are coming round for dinner here! I've told them I'm on a strict diet so hopefully they'll be supportive. But I've just got to make sure that that the last 5 days' good work doesn't go to waste.

Hope you managed to resist temptation mich3113!

Hallo hallo, I am also a newbie to this site. Signed up yesterday and started my own food diary thread. Been reading through many of the diaries and its so inspiring to see how amazing many of you all have done. I am trying to lose about 2 stone, for my summer hols, and also to get back to a healthy BMI. Found this site by accident when I was googling how many points my muller fruit corner yoghurt would be, and got sidetracked reading all the interesting diaries and threads.

Good luck to everyone! :cool:

BananaPancakes x

I'm a newbie to this site too... I lost a lot of weight on WW about 10 years ago (went from 14st5 to 8st9) and have managed to keep the majority off but have put on a bit recently so wanted a bit of a 'boost'. I go on holiday on 23rd May (hopefully if there are no more volcano eruptions) so am following SW but not going to the classes. Good luck everyone!

Hiya. I've lost 1 sotne 10 pounds with Slimming World, and need to lose about another half a stone, but it just won't come off. I keep persevering, but it's slow. I am wondering whether to change to Weight Watchers. Any advice?

congrats so far on the weight loss :)
i think what you experiencing is called a plateau and its basically when your body decides its happy at its current weight and doesnt want to lose anymore so you will have to switch things up a little bit to get it going again, maybe a few days of slightly decreased calories and increased excercise, or depending on how much exercise you do at the moment just increasing the exercise alone may be enough to get you going again, hope i helped! good luck...

hi i am looking for help on how to edit the diet details on the left hand side of my posts

Hi to all - I've been referring to your site from time to time and thought my willpower might be increased (to not reach for the cookies) if I sign up! I have found a lot of inspiration through people's honesty and stories.
Thanks to Pierce for the tracker instructions. I have about a stone to go for my first goal and I want to reach it so I feel happy wearing a bikini this summer! Vanity, oh vanity! :p

Hi, I'm new to this and have just sarted slimming world for the 3rd time. This time I want to do it from home as I am suffreing with pnd, but hope that there is support out there as I feel its going to be harder.

I know it works really well, but this time I am really apprehensive and worried about it.

Not really sure what else to write, Hi, and good luck to all x

Hi, I'm new to this and have just sarted slimming world for the 3rd time. This time I want to do it from home as I am suffreing with pnd, but hope that there is support out there as I feel its going to be harder.

I know it works really well, but this time I am really apprehensive and worried about it.

Not really sure what else to write, Hi, and good luck to all x

Hi Findinglight... I'm sure people who've also had pnd can empathise with you, and I know I can on the general apprehension front.

I think this place is supportive from what I have read.... And this evening even though I broke my diet (4 points) I know that if I logged onto here first then I would have found more strength to stay strong (pity I didn't think at the time!).

It will be good to do this with online support, but don't be afraid to join a group of dieters to meet too (I lock myself away when depressed and it makes it worse).

You will succeed with this, because you want to, and deep down you know that you can :)

hi there, i joined on here yesterday and still getting used to it.....
I had an ectopic nearly 4 years ago and lost a tube, and was then told that the remaining tube i have is too damaged to conceive naturally, so ive got to have IVF, but NHS wont give me this until i have lost the weight, and get my BMI down to normal.Ive lost nearly 2 stone since last year, and was using herbalife after losing 1 stone at slimming world, then got bored of shakes, so joined slimming world last week and ive lost 4lb in my 1st week!!!!so if anyone has any ideas so i dont get bored, it would be much appreciated.....so i can reach my goal to have children!!

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back