A message for all new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slimming World works for me but then so does Weight Watchers.

I'd choose the one that is most convenient for you for day and place and stick to it and it will work

Irene xx

Hello :)
I'm abit unsure as to what diet to use... thinking of using a VLCD - tried weightwatchers but motivation is low :(!

Also - dont know how to use this website :( I cant seem to upload a picture! Haha :)

Newbie and Posting Privileges!:welcome:

:sign0144:When you are a newbie

You are in a group which has no avatar, limited signature space, no Private messaging other members, no sending email to other members and you cannot upload images to the gallery.

Members can post weight loss ticker link into your signature on joining.

Here is a link with step by step instructions to show you how to do it...

(How to setup a weight loss ticker on Tickerfactory.com)http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19...ctory-com.html (How to setup a weight loss ticker on Tickerfactory.com)

You need the bb code here for ticker and graphics to work.

When you reach 20 posts you get avatar privileges and a larger signature space and can upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 50 posts, you get even more signature space, and private messaging and emailing is enabled.

You need at least 50 posts for your profile page.

You also need 50 posts to post links. You may not post links to personal business sites or personal websites with advertising or websites that are in competition with MiniMins.

I hope you understand the privileges that you will receive for being a long term poster.

Please read the link below as it will help you make your way around...

http://www.minimins.com/introduction...-minimins.html (New Members Guided Tour Of MiniMins!!!)

Love Mini xxx

Hello everyone

I'm Kay, recently started slimming world, and going it alone as there are no classes where I live - found this site when looking for inspiration and was so inspired I decided to join!

Look forward to getting to know you all, and I can already tell this is a friendly and welcoming place to be :)

Kay

im a newbie

Hi all im a newbie,joined ww last october lost nearly 3 stone to date.i would love to get different recipes.by the way my name is collen.looking forward to meeting new people for hints and tips

Hi, I'm Susan,
I've lost 12LB already over the course of a couple of months and now want to seriously step up a gear! I do shift work which makes life a bit tricky but I feel determined to get slim as my husband (who had more to lose) is doing lighter life and the change is amazing! I've got two teenage kids so hopefully they can cook for themselves if I decide to go a similar route to my husband.
Susan

hello everyone. am a newbie just registered right now .. i have been aware of this site for a long time since i decided to go for surgery and now 18month later i have finally done it!.. thank god for the NHS ! if anyone who has undergone the gastric sleeve recently or old hands have some advice and tips please let me know am just out of hospital and feeling a bit overwhelmed with the enormity of the changes but am feeling good too!. cheers..

Hi, I'm new and just finding my way around here!

I'm on Slimming World, and have lost 2 stone in six months but I have a long way to go. I'm waiting for surgery (not weight-related) in October and then hopefully I have the go-ahead to exercise as well as just watch how I eat! I previously lost nearly 3 stone with Weight Watchers when I was breastfeeding my son a few years ago (it just fell off, it was brilliant!), but the weight crept back up and up, and when I tried WW again in 2008 I couldn't follow it and didn't lose a thing!

In January 2010 I was the heaviest I've ever been, even bigger than 41 weeks pregnant, and that spurred me to go to SW. So far I'm loving it, because it fits with the way we eat as a family...

Hi, I have joined a bit late in the game, I am a Slimming World member and have been since September 24th 2009. I am pleased to say that I am now over 2 stone lighter. My partner who joined with me is whopping 4½ stone lighter. I only have ½ stone to go to target but I am struggling to get there. I need to get there and then keep it off.

I found this site when recently Googling for new recipes. :wavey:

Hello,
I am new here!

To tell you a bit about myself, I am looking to lose weight.
I want to be more healthy and my weight is causing problems with my career/social life etc and its making me quite depressed.

I would like to get down to 10 stone which is 7 stone I have to lose.

I am not following a specific diet yet, (although I am always on a diet)
I am trying to work out which diet/plan is right for me. Thinking of going on Cambridge or lighterlife but not sure yet.
I have have weight issues since I was about 12 or 13.
I have tried many diets such as weight watchers, atkins, alli, etc but my weight has slowly been creeping up and up and now I am 17 stone.
I was about 12 stone as a teenager and when I was 17 I got down to 10 stone but then I met my ex who was a chef and he made me lots of meals and I put on weight. Ever since then I have gradually been putting on weight.
I am desperate to lose weight, I am 27 and feel i'm missing out on things. I feel quite self conscious in public, and feel everyone is looking at me whether they are or not I don't know. I rarely go out on my own, which obviously doesn't help as I don't get as much exercise and I get bored and eat.
I have no friends, as I have lost touch with most friends from home.
I have met a couple of people here but i've lost touch with them as i've been depressed and would rather stay in than go out and feel self conscious etc.
I have become quite socially anxious and I know its because of my weight. Sure if I lost weight i'd find meeting people a bit easier.
I haven't met many new people especially as I am not working at the moment.
I used to have a job which involved standing up all day in a small space, after a couple of hours i'd be in pain, I tried painkillers, antistax, deep heat gels, different shoes/insoles but nothing really helped. I would get home and be crying and in pain with my feet and legs, so I gave up the job after 3 weeks. I think if I lost weight I think it would help my legs/feet and energy levels.
I am not trying to get a job as I am so nervous/unconfident at the moment, I am at a bit of a low ebb.
I would like to work though.
I am lucky I don't have to work as my boyfriend/fiance works full time so we get by. I am not on any benefits.
Though I would like a job to get me out and we could do with the money.

I have recently got engaged and we want to get married but the thought of having to wear a dress/get married at the weight I am now is making me feel depressed.

Hope to chat to likeminded people on here.

Thanks for reading, sorry its an essay!

Miss R

(edit due to post not making sense!)

Last edited:
hi miss-r!
i didnt know which diet to use either... i tried WW but found that the wide variety of food just meant i ate things i shouldnt have, and i soon gave up. i'm currently trying slimfast :)! i get 2 chocolate milkshakes a day, and one balanced meal. i know it'll be hard but i just keep thinking that after the struggle i'm going to be happy with my weight!
youll do fab :) and congrats on the engagement!! :D

Another Newbie

Hi everyone, I'm Jules and am new as well.

I have been following Slimming World for a week now and have lost 4lbs which definately made me smile.

Am hoping to keep to about 2lbs a week now (or more!!)

I even went out for a chinese meal last night and it only came to 11 syns which was great. Am quite happy that I can still go out and enjoy dinners, I didn't realise it would let me do that :)

Hi guys!!!

Hiya!!

I'm new to the site after searching to find ww points for an avocado!! lol!!

12lb down 16lb to go :)

xxx KTP xxx :p

Hello all, Im kelly and on my 2nd week of dieting. Its going ok. I have had a few bad days but in general Im feeling really positive. I want to lose 2 stone in approx 3 months so *fingers crossed*
xxxx:girlpower:

Hi i'm a newbie to this site i've managed to loose 10.5lbs so far following the extra easy plan i'm enjoying what i eat & find it so easy to stay on plan.

Hello all,

im Zoe and im starting Lipotrim tomorrow! I have been a yo yo dieter as far back as I can remember so hoping to find something that sticks!

found the site reading reviews on l/t and thought it looked fantastic and very supportive so thought i would join and hopefully get talking to you and help one another!

speak soon i hope!

zoe

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah and i'm 23. I've been following the slimming world extra easy plan now for four weeks. I have a lot to lose but i'm feeling really inspired by all the fantastic people at the group i go to so i'm optimistic that with their support the weight will continue falling off. I have lost 13+1/2lbs so far. Can't wait to reach the first stone off next week. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back