A message for all new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Been really nervous about my post but after reading up on Minimins I realized how welcoming you all are! Im knew to SW, Im on Extra Easy. I joined with my mum but shes not online.. I was quite overweight as a child as I was always sick but I lost some of the weight! Im still not happy with what I am! But alas im determined to loose some weight and start exercising, but worried though as Im starting Uni in a few weeks :D xx

Welcome everyone, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all x

Hi all, still finding my way round the forums at the mo but getting there.

Did you know that to skydive you have to be the right weight for your height? Well there a solid goal to aim for :) that's what I've decided i want to do for my 25th in 18 months time :)
I've never been below 13st since i was 13 but 10 years later when i saw 15st 4lbs on the scales at the start of August I thought it was time to do something, am at 14st 10lbs now so feeling positive. Aiming for 12st and freefall!!

Is anyone else who's always been over weight a bit scared of what they'll look like slimmer?? Not that i think it'll be a bad thing, a very good thing in fact.

good luck everyone :)

Introducing myself

Hi,

I have had hypothyroidism and PCOS for 13 years and my weight fluctuates all the time. I have decided i am going to get the body i have always dreamed of now so have joined weight watchers for the first time. I am on day 5 now and have so far done really well. Feeling very positive about it and looking forward to getting weighed on Weds.

I am hoping to lose a minimum of 4 stone so here's to trying hard!

Likklebex :) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi all another newbie

I'm J and a returning SW member - I rejoined SW last night and am going to follow EE. Last time I followed green and original and am a bit nervous of EE as this allows you to mix together the foods the other plans wouldn't allow. I am an emotional eater so I am determined not to self-medicate with food and drink. The weight has crept back on over a period of time but particularly over the last 6 months whilst my dad was ill with leukaemia. He died 2 weeks ago and I am devastated and I know if I don't get a handle on my eating and drinking habits now I'll just go into a negative spiral ....

I left SW last time when I felt happy with my weight, this time when I get there I am going to stay with my group. I also didn't set a PAT so this time I have done and I've read the all the books.

I've been reading this forum for the last couple of days and think it's great, I hope I can give support as well as receive it.

J

hi Im new

I hope this post is in the right section!
Ive been browsing your site for a few weeks now for slimming world support.
Ive managed to lose 2 stone since January but I would like to lose another before Im 40 in October, so about 6 weeks to go.
Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Hi There, I am a newbee on W8

I have just finished my first week on All about Weight (W8) and lost 5 lbs. Should have been more but didnt drink enough water. Will try harder next week. A wee bit disappointed. But hey its off and not on.

Have been on LL and lost 3 and a half stone but put back on 1.:cry: Now trying to shift this and another 3. Hopefully by Christmas. :)

Have a good evening.

Hi, I decided to join this for a bit more encouragement and support as I've not done as well as I would've liked since joining SW 3 weeks ago. I'm doing everything right so don't really know where to improve! Have joined a couple of exercise classes and have been advised by our group consultant to try 'Success Express' a few days this week and see how it goes. Anybody else have a slow first few weeks? Anyway, I've found a few recipes on here to try already and look forward to finding out how people are doing so well!!

Clare

I am a Family Doctor

Hello. My real name is Parasram. I was a Family Physician but never liked the profession and never adjusted to hurting people with drugs. Weight loss is complex and know that there are many simple things that must be followed to achieve rapid, easy, safe, and permanent loss. For example, not combining meat with carbohydrates, eating six small meals daily, never drink with meals, consume fruits by themselves on an empty stomach, and the simple suggestions continues. Please ask any specific questions and I would be glad to help. I was 250 up to May 2009, and 195 by October 2009....and the weight has stayed off and will stay off.

Hi all,

I am a body optimise member of slimming world and seeking extra support, mainly motivation :wave_cry:.

My story ...
I started my slimming journey in 2007 when my weight had suddenly increased over about 6 months by 3 and a half stone due to medication. I had moved to a new area and went to see the new Drs to see if they could help me in anyway, this was a big step for me to acknowledge that i was so overweight. Unfortunately the Dr was not very supportive, my thyroid was tested and came back fine and he concluded that obviously i was eating more than i declared and recommended a book. I wondered if his response would have been different if i had lost 3 and a half stone over such a short time, rather than gained!

Needless to say I didn't return. Instead, I joined Slimming World, which was nerve wracking all alone and in a new area but they were very welcoming. I weighed in at 15 stone on day one and left within 8 weeks by which time i had lost about 1.5 stone. I decided to go it alone mainly because i am quite shy and found image therapy difficult, when you would have to discuss losses/gains. I lost over a stone alone by following the slimming world principle. It really is something you can end up adopting for the rest of your life.

Anyway, I am now doing body optimise on-line and really like it but would love it if they had a forum like this. I have had a poor start though and need some motivation, so any advice will be gladly received. Good luck to everyone xxx

Hi all,

I was reading the SW forum on the MSE (Money Saving Expert) website & lots of people recommended this site. Both myself want to lose weight. We don't want to join a club. - not our cup of tea shall we say.
We have both used this diet before - Red & Green diets. Th EE looks more encouraging as this would be a life style eating change not just a diet!

Hi im new to this ,just want to introduce myself im Tracey + have 3 children,3 grandchildren,ive recently joined SW and also exclusively BF !

Newbie!

Hello all, I'm Sandra and I started Lipotrim yesterday. I was 50 a couple of weeks ago and I 'm waiting for a hip replacement following 5 years of I'll-health and operations.

I'd like to lose about 4 stone to get back to where I was before I shattered my leg in 2006. I did Lipotrim back in about 2004 and had managed to keep my weight within limited for years but as I can barely walk at the moment I feel very down and I guess that I've been consoling myself in the biscuit barrel!

Well I've got through day one and will be reading all your posts to spur me on! Did anyone else start Lipotrim yesterday with a similar amount of weight to lose? If so I'd be interested to correspond with you.

Last edited:
Not doing too well with this site yet! Just realised that my starting weight is exactly the same as it was last January so at least I haven't put on any more! Will get the hang of this ticker thingy again, eventually!

Me again! Am trying,somewhat unsuccesfully, to edit my previous details so please bear with me! Plus I'm trying to do it on my new iPad which I haven't quite got the hang of yet!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, my name is Dawn, I've been here before on lipotrim, earlier this year, although it worked, I sort of lost what it takes, and sine then have gained the stone I lost. So, I have just taken delivery of a months supply of exante, there's more flavours and it will suit me not having to go to the chemist and so on.
i've just had the summer holidays off with my 2 boys age 8, (twins) so i'm starting Monday when I go back to work.

fingers crossed, i hope the shakes taste OK!!

Dawn

Hello all, I'm Sandra and I started Lipotrim yesterday. I was 50 a couple of weeks ago and I 'm waiting for a hip replacement following 5 years of I'll-health and operations.

I'd like to lose about 4 stone to get back to where I was before I shattered my leg in 2006. I did Lipotrim back in about 2004 and had managed to keep my weight within limited for years but as I can barely walk at the moment I feel very down and I guess that I've been consoling myself in the biscuit barrel!

Well I've got through day one and will be reading all your posts to spur me on! Did anyone else start Lipotrim yesterday with a similar amount of weight to lose? If so I'd be interested to correspond with you.

Welcome back Sandra:welcome2:

Very sorry to hear about your troubles and I hope you don't have to wait too long for your hip replacement operation.

Well done for getting through day one.

If you post in the Lipotrim forum you might find others who have or intending to start for September.

If you click on the link below it will take you to the Lipotrim forum.

Lipotrim Forum - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

Not doing too well with this site yet! Just realised that my starting weight is exactly the same as it was last January so at least I haven't put on any more! Will get the hang of this ticker thingy again, eventually!

Me again! Am trying,somewhat unsuccesfully, to edit my previous details so please bear with me! Plus I'm trying to do it on my new iPad which I haven't quite got the hang of yet!

If you go into User CP on the top of the Blue Bar you will see a menu on the left side, if you click edit signature you will be able to update your ticker.

You might have to make a new one if you cannot remember your pin.

The link below will show you how to set it up step by step.

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

If you need any help please ask:)

Hi everyone, my name is Dawn, I've been here before on lipotrim, earlier this year, although it worked, I sort of lost what it takes, and sine then have gained the stone I lost. So, I have just taken delivery of a months supply of exante, there's more flavours and it will suit me not having to go to the chemist and so on.
i've just had the summer holidays off with my 2 boys age 8, (twins) so i'm starting Monday when I go back to work.

fingers crossed, i hope the shakes taste OK!!

Dawn

:welcome:Welcome back Dawn and good luck with starting Exante on Monday.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with Exante.

Here is the link for the Exante forum

Exante - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

Hi all, only just seen this. I joined a couple of weeks ago. I've been a Weight Watcher for years - lost 3 stone between Aug 2003 and May 2004, had a great slim summer and since then have regained nearly every pound, and fiffed and faffed about with dieting ever since.
I decided a big change was in order, took the plunge and joined Slimming World. EE didn't work too well, despite my motivation and the fact that I took it seriously for the first time in months, and I was in despair. My SW consultant suggested red days and I lost 6lbs in two weeks - is this the way forward :D
I'm now into my third week of red days at SW and loving it. I weigh in on Monday evenings and I'm looking forward to having another slim summer next year :)
I think the support I've seen on here is brilliant, everybody seems so friendly and helpful - looking forward to making new friends x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back