A message for all new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm Sharon from Bingley, West Yorkshire and nearing the end of my first week on the slimming world diet. I am finding it ok so far following mainly green days. Looking forward to weigh day on Monday. Really pleased I have found this forum as the support from everyone is so motivational.

hi everyone, my name is Michelle i am from Cardiff, Wales. I am new to this site but have been doing Slimming World for 1Year now. Currently my weight loss is 2 stone 4lbs, target weight loss is 2 and a half stone for now ;)

Hi, I'm new to this site and have been on SW for about three months now. I've lost a stone..and gained a pound...lost it and gained it...I'm feeling a bit frustrated.

I'm wondering if I've got a mental block...setting the one stone goal...then my head says; "JOB DONE".

Trying to set new goal...Ten pounds. Keep telling myself...Ten pounds. Am I being dense?

Husband sabatoging me too, so that's not exactly wonderful.

Thanks for the support.
Klamour

Hi everyone. Completely new to this site, but was looking for other people in the same boat as me [=
My names Kayleigh, I'm not on any particular diet, just controlling my fat and calorie intake, I've been doing so for the past 6months and have so far lost 3stone 6lbs. Although I've fallen off the wagon a few times so I could have lost a bit more than that, nvm! To get to my goal weight (119lbs) i need to lose another 8stone 11lbs. So i have a long way to go. Would be really nice to talk to others who have the same sort of goal or have already lost weight and would be happy to share stories and tips?
Thanks [=

Hi i'm Lindsey, weight slowly crept on after giving up smoking. So last week i joined slimming world, i am really focused, which is good of course, i want to lose 3 stone and be fabulous at 40 next year. I have always been thin until i gave up smoking, so i am determined to never put it back on. Lost 7lb in my 1st weigh in, so was extremely pleased.

hiya everyone,

im caroline, 32 and live near Edinburgh. I normally do the scottlish slimmers plan which is calorie controlled but ive decided to give the cambridge plan a whirl, i've made the appointment with the CDC for Sunday with the view to starting the plan on Monday 13th. I cant wait to get started as i feel really uncomfortable and the size 16 jeans are starting to get really tight. Im determined not to go up the way so the CD plan it is :)

And yet another new arrival ... I'm doing weight watchers at home but I was really craving being part of a like-minded community and its looks like I have found it here.

I have a massive journey ahead of me (I'm twice the woman I should be) which is pretty frightening and overwhelming so I am trying to break it down into small bite sized chunks. The first of which is to stop being 20st something and move into the 19s. But looking forward to getting involved and making this journey with other people. *hugs*

hi there

hey there everyone, I'm new to the site. I'm looking for motivation, as last time I tried to lose weight I couldn't stick with it. Any would be a big help. Thanx!:rolleyes:

Hi Everybody. I have been at SW for a little while and so far have lost 2 1/2 stone, with another 3 1/2 to go!! I really enjoy the eating plan, and have been having mainly EE days - means that I can have rice and pasta with meat - it's a really easy plan to follow. In 2007 I did lose 5 1/2 stone with Lighter Life - the weight fell off, but then "fell back on" within 18 months. For me, the eating plan that followed the food packs just did not work, therefore I am now learning to eat sensibly and lose weight at the same time and ,for me, SW is the best way.
Although I joined this site last year, it is only in the last couple of days that I have really been using it and viewing all the threads and posts etc and I can honestly say that the support that all the members are showing each other is absolutely superb! This has got to be the best weight loss forum ever!

Just a little

Hi i'm new to this sight just joined today, i've been a yoyo dieter for a long time, usally through excersize and watching what I eat..Through out the years I have noticed with age it is becoming more easy to put on weight and lot harded to lose weight.. I have realised to maintain my weight I have had to change my lifestyle and relationship with food. Long gone are the days when I could grab a Mcdonalds on busy days and KFC with the kids on the way home for dinner to make life that little bit easier, these days that option is a no no... Now days we would have to be stranded somewhere with the kids shouting hunger at me before I even look at a fast food resurant and believe me has taken me a long time to resist this type of foods.... With this new mindset I have managed to maintain a resonable steady weight I usally dont allow myself to go above 13st with my lowest being 11, but over the years it has been no lower then 12st and this is with great decipline and a total change of lifestyle... This may not seem like a lot for some but for me it has become a obsession I love food and a lot of family and friends gatherings are centred around food and all I think about from when I wake up in the morning untill I go to bed is how much I plan to eat and then usally go to bed thinkig about how much I have eaton, these days my weekness is jelly sweets i absoluty love sweet from wine gums to friut pastles a packiet can last me only minutes and sometime after a bad day when i go to bed my mouth is so sore after eating so many in front of the t.v in the evnings, chocolate I can take or leave it but jellys are my weekness. I now want to break my obsession with food and sweets while at the same time loose 2st slowly and keep it off..I look forward to hearing from others, whatever the story after all its brought us to the same place, this posotive weight forum....!!!:jelous::):)

My start weight today is 12st 21b
my target weight is 11st ....

jellyzz

Last edited:
Hiya i joined today! i start my diet tomorrow and hoping to meet some new people! xx

Hello everyone :), only just found this site and wished that I had found it when I started my diet. Have been doing the Lighter life diet for the past 5 months and have lost 5 and a half stone so far, only another half a stone to go. I can't wait to have a nose through the forum and pick up some tips, advice and support. Good luck to everyone on there weight loss journey :)

Last edited:
Hi

Hi, im a newbie :)

was searching for info on lighter life and found minimins invaluable! I've been to my introductory meeting tonight and fingers crossed, i should be starting next wednesday.

I have previously lost weight on slimming world and have managed to keep about 4st off but am struggling now to even maintain and stave off emotional eating so hoping LL will break my reliance on food.

Good luck to everyone on their weightloss journeys x

Bex

Can some one explain to me more about this lighter life total please

Lighter Life total is a 14 week programme of total abstinence of any conventional food. You have four food packs a day and can start to add a meal replacement bar on the 3rd day. Its for people who have more than 3 stone to lose and have a bmi of over 30. You also have to have a health check before you can start LL total and then again for every 4 weeks. Hope that helps :) I'm sure if you have a look on the lighter life webiste or on the forum you can find out any more informaion incase I have missed anything out :)

hi all i joined this site time ago but never done anyhing on here!!! i am joining my local slimming world club on thursday and i have been looking at everyone posts and they have the bmi tracker on and weight tracker on how do i find all this so i can have them on my post's hope someone can help many thanks x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back