A message for all new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All!

My name is Emily and I also have stumbled on this place whilst looking for recipies. I've been pinching recipie ideas for a couple of weeks and thought I better now show my face (although I can't work out how to attach my picture - lol!)

I am (no was!) over 22 stone and have never been thin in my 31 years. I have 2 beautiful children and a very supportive hubby who is training and losing weight to run the London Marathon in May:eek::eek::eek:

Anyways, I have tried ALL the diets but had never tried SW and I joined just under a month ago. Thursday will be my 3rd losing weigh in, and so far, so good. Hopefully you can see my tracker below... it's going to be a long haul, but it's great to see other people doing well and we can all support each other :grouphugg:

So my motivations are 3 fold;

1. A photo from a wedding that we went to in April which really upset me :faint2:

2. Then my sister asked me to be a bridesmaid next July :hmm:

3. Then my eldest girl started school and came home to tell me that 2 of her friends said I had a fat tummy.... she was upset and I was..... :sad0071::badmood::ashamed0005: devastated and furious with myself basically. So I WILL NOT be the fat mum in the playground, I will sort it. My daughter will not take abuse on my behalf...... Let's do it together guys!!!

Today's rant over - it won't be the last!

Em
xx

Hello there

Hi everyone, my names Michele and I'm currently doing SW, well say currently I have been messing around for the past month :mad: and I have to get back on track!!! I am currently 17st 9lb I started off at 19st 3lb so a bit lighter but I want at least another 6st off mainly for my health but me and my husband want to start a family of our own, I have 3 step children, but have decided we need to lose weight first as I know what risks are involved being overweight and pregnant!! So hoping I can get the motivation I desperatley need here :gen147:

Hello everyone my name is Mahendran and I have been all the weight loss programs you can think off, however I seem to never be in control of my weight purely because I just did not have the time focusing on the meals they ask you to prepare or eat and the fact that I kept paying a membership fee and never full utilizing it.

So recently I came across Forever Living's weight management plan and within 9 day I have lost 1stone. I am not looking to become slim Jim, however to be back down to a healthy weight so I can get back into my nice clothes. With this programme I beginning to get back my health but also feel lighter. So now I am continuing with their plan as it is simple and fits in with my work schedule.

I have come here to seek support and also offer people my support and to just say, it is possible to lose weight and be healthy.

Hi,
I m newbie to this forum, not sure how to use it, please guide.
Determine to lose weight by 10 kg. Current weight is 63 kg. Height is 5'4".
Please guide.
Thanks.
Jenfei

Hi Everyone....Newbie Here!

Hi
I just wanted to say hello......I had a baby 2 months ago and felt its time to lose the extra weight I'm carrying! I done SW a long time ago and I'm talking years and i thought i would give it another go, I'm going it a lone without classes as all the spare money i have goes on my little one! Just done my first week on SW and I've lost 4 lb so a good start i need to keep up the motivation and i thought this was just the site to do it! :)

Hello! Another newbie here. I'm back doing Slimming World after putting on 2 stone since my wedding

I'm not going to class as I travel a lot with my job. Next month I'm in Aberdeen, Belfast, Glasgow and Edinburgh, in August it was Sheffield, Manila and Mumbai

When I'm away it's very easy to over indulge, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep more focused if I stick to SW principles

Hi all, I'm new here. Found the site when looking for Pcos and xenical. Iv been overweight since I was 8 and diagnosed with pcos at 16. Have tried millions of diets but fail to stick to them for long. so I hope that by joining this forum it will give me that extra bit of support that I need!

Hello, i have about 5 stone to shift and i have been a weight watcher for 2 weeks now (minus 5 1/2 lbs gone!) i have no clue where everything is on here but slowly getting there.

Can anyone tell me how to put up a pic? xx

HI

hiya im a new member too, plus i made a error on my second post lol oops :sign0144: posted in the calorie counter forum as i was reading there. im on the right track now hopefully and learning my way around the forums. Im linz and have tried many different diets, eating plans and things. Im on the SW now and just started it last week. Im doing it from home as i do not know anyone to go to classes with. Im a native geordie who moved to merseyside to live with my boyfriend, so making new friends is hard. I have 2 grown up children. I found this site by accident looking up a syn value and thought it was brillient :) itl be my online class lol take care everyone and goodluck xx

Hi Everyone, I'm Louise :)
I have just joined SW and found this forum whilst trawling the net for recipies.....I had my first weigh in on Tues and was soooooooo disappointed with my 2lb loss so i need some more motivation.

I know 2lb off is better than none but I was hoping for 4-6. Mother nature hasn't helped this week though and a chest infection prevented much exercise but I managed 10km on my bike last night and am hoping to do the same toniught after vacuuming the stairs lol :)

I hope I have a better report next week!

Hi Everyone, I'm Louise :)
I have just joined SW and found this forum whilst trawling the net for recipies.....I had my first weigh in on Tues and was soooooooo disappointed with my 2lb loss so i need some more motivation.

I know 2lb off is better than none but I was hoping for 4-6. Mother nature hasn't helped this week though and a chest infection prevented much exercise but I managed 10km on my bike last night and am hoping to do the same toniught after vacuuming the stairs lol :)

I hope I have a better report next week!

hiya im new too and couldnt help reading. congratulations on your 2lb loss and dont let it dishearting you. Think positive :) tuesday is now the past lol and even if its another 2lb next week thats still great. good luck and chin up XX

Hello, i have about 5 stone to shift and i have been a weight watcher for 2 weeks now (minus 5 1/2 lbs gone!) i have no clue where everything is on here but slowly getting there.

Can anyone tell me how to put up a pic? xx

Hiya we can't post pics as newbies until we hit 20 posts, hope this helps!

Hey Midgetgem fellow newbie, I'm still finding my way round here but think I'll be staying there is so much inspiration!! Good luck with your journey :)

Hi! Just joined today and started slimming world on the 10th oct. AS you can see from my sig while its only been uner 2 weeks, its been a bit up and down! Doing the extra easy plan and it seems pretty easy to stick to. I'm just setting goals of 1 stone off at a time until i reach a weight i'm happy with :)

Hi there,
Really confused by the site at the minute- just joined up. Started slimming world on Tuesday and im looking for a forum! Anyone got any tips- im finding it a bit odd because im an ex weight watcher and keep getting confused! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back