A message for all new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi im rach, i was introduced by a fellow member who i know from online bingo lol
im 27 ( till nxt month) with 2 boys aged 7 and 10. ive struggled with weight since the birth of my eldest and at my heaviest i was 14s 10 1/2lb.

i joined slimming world bk in may 09 and lost a great 2 and a half stone, then in feb 10 i prolasped a disk and in july i had it opperated on and stopped s/w. i consiquently gained a stone.

i have just gone back 7 weeks ago and have so far lost a great 9lbs!!
i suffer with fibromyalgia and cyatica and i also have polycystic ovarian sydrome.
i have been trying to concieve for 7 years and just found out on monday that iam finally pregnant!!!!! woop iam so happy!!!

right i will shurrup now lol xxxx :D

r.m.harvey said:
hi im rach, i was introduced by a fellow member who i know from online bingo lol
im 27 ( till nxt month) with 2 boys aged 7 and 10. ive struggled with weight since the birth of my eldest and at my heaviest i was 14s 10 1/2lb.

i joined slimming world bk in may 09 and lost a great 2 and a half stone, then in feb 10 i prolasped a disk and in july i had it opperated on and stopped s/w. i consiquently gained a stone.

i have just gone back 7 weeks ago and have so far lost a great 9lbs!!
i suffer with fibromyalgia and cyatica and i also have polycystic ovarian sydrome.
i have been trying to concieve for 7 years and just found out on monday that iam finally pregnant!!!!! woop iam so happy!!!

right i will shurrup now lol xxxx :D

Congratulations!!!! That's fantastic, well done on the weight loss too and everything you've had to cope with x

Congratulations RM Harvey! Went through similar thing myself and now have 2 beautiful children. Good luck with the pregnancy and the slimming.

R
x

Hi Everyone
I got to you via a link on our Slimming World's Group fb page
I go to Amanda Lemon's Saturday morning class at Netherend community centre, I was doing really well on 'Extra Easy' for 10 weeks then I've had 2 gains in a row so I'm trying Success Express. Still trying to get my head around it......
anyone out there had success with it?

Another newbie

Hi There!

My name is Tara and I've just started on the Lipotrim diet.

I have 60lbs to loose in total.

T xx

Hello, my name is Louise and I'm from London. I've decided to start SW after doing lots of online research (including lurking this site). I have my first meeting on Tuesday, which I'm a bit nervous about.

I have struggled with my weight since I was very young and I'm fed up with having a complex about it. I'm looking forward to starting SW and hopefully making some new friends in the process.

Hello, my name is Louise and I'm from London. I've decided to start SW after doing lots of online research (including lurking this site). I have my first meeting on Tuesday, which I'm a bit nervous about.

I have struggled with my weight since I was very young and I'm fed up with having a complex about it. I'm looking forward to starting SW and hopefully making some new friends in the process.

Welcome Lou_la :welcome2:

Good luck with starting SW on Tuesday!

Don't be nervous...everyone is there for the same reason as yourself and normally they are very welcoming and it will give you a chance to meet new people to support you on your weight loss journey.

If you click on the link below it will take you to the SW forums here and if you have any questions please ask:)

Slimming World - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

Lou_la said:

Hey Louise, well done on making a decision to be happy and healthy. I've always been a big girl since my teens, and always played the happy this size role, big and bubbly, inside I wanted to be slim like my friends but always failed. 3 yrs ago I met my partner Pete, and knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. What scared me was at nearly 30 how long would the rest of my life be? 10 years, 20 maybe. So I joined a gym a year ago, although I'm healthier and stronger, a year on I was heavier too!!! 6 weeks ago I joined SW, and have lost a stone and a half so far. You can see from my stats I have a long way to go, but I'm confident and positive this is a real lifestyle change for me, for good, for life which hopefully will be a long happy one!!!
Good luck with ur goals, I'm sure you'll love sw, its the best diet I've ever done, and I've tried em all!! :) x

Hi my name is julie, i've decided to give weight watchers a go after being diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I want to get my weight off and hopefully feel a lot healthier, fed up of being ill and want to be a healthier, happy mum to my boys. I have followed this forum for a long while and have finally picked up the courage to post. xx

newbie here too

Hi all, I'm new here (even tho I joined in July) and have been posting on the odd occasion.
I'm 34 :sigh: and have always been heavy but pretended it didn't matter to me (even when it did).
I was successful with SW about 6 years ago when I lost 2 stone in 12 weeks, but the week I got slimmer of the week for losing 6lb was the week my coil failed and I conceived my much loved youngest son ethan :D.
A very stressful pregnancy where I nearly lost him and had a 50% risk of losing him till week 26 didn't help and I returned to my old eating habits.
PND after giving birth didn't help either and it's took till he's almost 5 for me to be able to feel strong enough to deal with life's setbacks.
I am hoping to get married in 2012 on our 18th meeting anniversary so I want to feel that I look good and feel comfortable in my dress.
Also I would like to have another child (to complete my brood to 4) and for once I would like to be slimish when pregnant (was 16st 3lb when I was first pregnant and never put on 1lb through the pregnancy - made up for it after)

So I've been doing SW myself at home and have lost 5lb but I've decided to go back to class so my first WI will be tonight.
Hoping for a good loss next week, especially as this week I've went completely off track and currently have some doritoes and peanut m&m's in my bag.:17729:

so that's all I can think of about me, looking forward to reading about others

Hi,

I'm new here, just joined today. Looking to lose weight before my wedding next year in August.
Playing football regularly but need to get back in to good habits like going to the gym 3 or 4 times a week.

Hello everyone,

I am an emotional eater, plus have PCOS and have piled on the weight over the years. Managed to shed a lot a couple of years ago and a personal setback resulted in me resorting to food for comfort and undoing all the good work.

I have started a healthy eating campaign plus have been going to the gym religiously for the past few weeks and the one thing I have missed so far is being part of a community like this one where I can share experiences - so really happy to have found this site.

Thanks. And good luck with your weight loss goals.

xx

ello

I am new to this site...... not sure how it all works.... I am doing slimming world and fingers crossed it works. Did ww for some time but fed up of all the counting x

Hi im new to this site, my friend told me about it, so i thought i would have a look, ive been doing w.w for just over a year and have lost 3st ive hit a wall now and cant seen to shift any more weight, so need some advice on how to kick start it again all ideas welcome thanks guys :)

Hi, I'm new n don't really know wat th say....but went to doctor and was told to loose 20 pounds...that was two weeks ago roughly. I weighed 12 stone 6 pounds, 174 pounds. I had done ww previously but didn't last too long!! Last year I did Weight Loss Motivation Clinic, which nearly bank rupted me n lost over a stone n then i put it all back on! the doctor advising me, was a kick in the ass! My Bmi measured 29 and she told me I'd be in the obese section if I didn't control my eating!! I know she sounded harsh but i suppose if I didn't control my eating, another year I'd be another stone heavier!! I can be quiet active but I lack consistency with my exercise!! I pretend that the weight doesn't bother me but I hate not fitting into my favourite jeans!! Damn LEGGINGS!!!!! I am an emotional eater and I eat when I am bored!! Which really is no excuse!! I am a person who just needs to control their eating! I loose control and 'spiral'. I've started doind WW myself!! I've given myself 22 points and in my first week, I lost 4 pounds, tomorrow is my WI...i'm doing it with a girl from work! we text eaxh other to motivate each other concerning our weight!!! It actually kindof upsets me talking bout my weight...even writing this!! Anyhow, hopefully the WI goes well tomorrow n hopefully I'll fighure out how to use this site...its a bit daunting!!! anyway...all yopur stories and ideas are reallly interesting and gives one hope:::))) Thanks!!! Trins

Hi wonder if you can help me?? I am starting at slimming world tonight and would like to put a tracker like yours on my page is there a link to how to do it please. Thanks in advance x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back