A moan about tasters!

I didnt make anything for taster night :( I just couldnt manage it, having being so ill. Was looking forward to it. Well, i did feast on all the efforts of others though. They know I'm good for it :)

Well that's forgiveable Gazter lol, considering what you have been through lately. I'm sure you will more than make up for it when your able

I always find in the SOTW bag that all the fruit is rank and needs to be thrown away haha. Although when i won last week there was some decent stuff in.
I always take a sachet of porridge for SOTW.

My sister won SOTW in her class last week and there was a bar of chocolate in there that was a year out of date haha. I do think its wrong that there was a bar of chocolate in there in the first place though lol.

Hahaha usually all the old and battered fruit!

Our c doesnt want us to put in anything but fruit. Not that many do put in compared to how many people stay to group!

I'm afraid I'm guilty of not making anything for our taster session at the group tonight, but currently am running my cupboards down and packing up my flat with 2 weeks notice!!!! Least it's keeping me busy in the evenings. I will be adding a tin of tomatoes for SOTW basket though - I've won a few in the past when done slimming world and always ended up getting some sort of manky out of date food in it lol

I tend to put some (nice) fruit that I would like to eat or a Hifi bar if I've forgotten to bring some cos I've usually bought them at the meeting.

Today's tasting, 1/2 syn summer fruit Eaton mess mini puds, syn free beef doner meat on a bed of red onion and red cabbage with a very garlicky syn free tzatziki :)

182577_10151313533810992_852894413_n.jpg

Personally, I really hate taster meetings. They take time away from the interesting parts of the group discussion, I'm faced with eating things that (1) I don't what's in them (I'm allergic to eggs) and (2) I don't know what conditions they were made in (no offence - I'm hardly Mrs Hygiene - but my dad is a health inspector and I've heard the horror stories!). Lots of food gets left, and its an expense I don't need to produce something purely out of a sense of duty. The same things always appear too - scan bran ferror rocher, quark cheesecake, pasta quiche, etc etc... I know some people love them, but I personally get a heart-sink moment when it's a taster session.

Hahaha usually all the old and battered fruit!

I hate that! Why would you give something to someone that you wouldn't eat/use yourself!? So annoying.

I must admit, I would find a basket full of fruit quite boring. Plus, I always have tonnes of fresh fruit/veg in the house anyway, so some of it would end up going off before I got chance to eat it! For this reason, I always try and put something a bit 'different' in the SOTW basket. Last week I put in a 2ltr bottle of sugar free pineapple and coconut sparkling drink, and this week I put in a set of 8 measuring spoons/beakers. Don't get me wrong, I don't spend a fortune. But I always try and put something interesting in, that I would want to take home myself.

Taster session tonight but it's all around SCAN BRAN (possibly my consultants idea to raise her sales? haha)

So I've made tuna mixed with fat free fromage frais, tbsp of salad cream, seasoning and lots of cucumber to use as a topping. Hoping they'll be some interesting cakes to taste, but I'm not sure how into it people will get as a lot really hate scan bran, we'll see!

I've never tasted and it and don't really have an urge too lol. I can see the faces my consultant pulls when she's trying to "promote" it and thats enough for me.

Good ice scraper for your car windscreen apparently lol lol

Scan Bran is definitely like Marmite - you either love it or hate it!! I'm in the "love it" camp. I like mine dry, just as they come (bizarre, I know!) It's also gorgeous topped homemade roasted red pepper hummus and decorate with sliced roasted peppers. When my sweet tooth is calling, I have it topped with cadbury philly and a sliced banana.

People at group have mentioned grating it into their porridge etc. just to bulk it out and help to keep them fuller for longer, which I personally think is a great idea!

Ew no, I would rather just put pepper in my soup. A little hint and tip though you could use scan bran to take off all the hard skin on your heels! :) :) :)

I don't go to class any more. I did a variety of things when I did go though, depending on finances and time.

Eton Mess (took in ingredients in diff pots and mixed it up when we were just about to start)
Pasta bake
Supernoodle, quorn and mushroom fritatta with cheesy top
Syn free cold drinks (interesting squash or fizzy) - and the plastic cups to put it in
Grapes
Onion bhajis

Cold drink can be cheap and easy (just a bit heavy if you walk there), and it's always nice to have a drink if you're noshing.

We had a taster session on Tuesday for Halloween and Bonfire night. Our C went on holiday at the weekend so everyone knew we had a cover.

How freaking disappointing. I was really under the weather and shopping was being delivered late that night but I managed to grab some store cupboard foods and made a sweet potato and bean chilli (bonfire night food!) and made a huge vat of it as there was nearly 35 - 40 people in group the week before. Needless to say when my bowl was the only one sat on the table and only 8 of us stayed I was a tad annoyed. In fact, really P'ed off. The cover consultant had bought in some diet coke and that sat untouched on the table too until I shouted 'grubs up!' at the end and everyone had a cup full (C had forgotten any plates.....)

More annoyingly, our normal C had sent out a super enthusiastic email to everyone about 'showing the cover consultant how we do taster sessions at Pound Hill!'

Hmmm. Trying to get people actually involved and a bit more excited about going again through the facebook group but it just seems like everyone has gone into hibernation. Needless to say though, I will not give up and I will still take a taster next time as I always do.

Oh and SOTW basket I try and take something a little different like Tesco finest stir fry veggie pack (has mange tout, baby corn, tender stem brocolli and chilli in), pink cauliflower and exotic fruits like pomegranite and mango to name a few. Things people only 'think' about trying but are too scared to buy in case they don't like it xx

Such a shame isn't it - disheartening when you go to a lot of effort. Well done you for not giving up, hopefully classes (yours and others including mine) pick up soon.

Back