A new start - 78storm

A brief and long overdue update. One area of my knee is fine after the antibiotics so I don't get the exercise related swelling but the other side is still a problem.

Scotland was great lots of walking, I didn't take my tablets but ate breakfast and lunch as if I was on Xen and had what I liked in the evening, pizza, fish & chips, 3 course meal out etc and still lost 100g - not much but a great result for a holiday especially with the sweetie jar which I did dive into. What was really interesting was I gave myself carte blanche to eat what I liked thinking I'd be craving cheese & chocolate and I wasn't interested in either. I'd said before we went I wanted pizza but when it came to it I really wasn't that fussed. It's interesting how my tastes have changed.

Getting back into the Xen has been harder after two weeks I'm still not 100% focussed on taking the tablets - but I'm getting better. Unfortunately on the morning we drove south I stubbed my little toe - it doesn't sound much but was blue and swollen by the time we got home and is still strapped up and exceptionally painful so there's not much exercise going on as most of my shoes hurt!

My brother's brought his girlfriend's mountain bike over for me to ride (mainly because they're short of space to store it) so I had a go on that today, I last went on a moving bike 16 years ago!!! My bum hurts now but by the end of this afternoon's session I could go around the yard without hitting any obstacles and do the odd figure of eight. I need to work on my balance, manoeuvring and general control but it was fun and a nice change from the exercise bike - I'm certainly not going out in public for a while! You're meant to easily remember how to ride a bike but as I was never that good before - could peddle away & steer but wobbled if I tried to signal so I'm not sure how much success I should be expecting.

WI on Monday morning as the GP cancelled Tuesday's appointment so fingers-crossed for that. I know I need to up my water intake again but it's the challenge of going through the drinking more, peeing more phase at the moment.

2 weeks off Xen while staying with a friend recovering from an op, was fairly relaxed about my food choices and I've STS-I'll take that. it shows making sensible choices has become easier and more automatic though I've happily eaten what I wanted.

Need to crack on now and lose a few more pounds as a wedding in 14 days and I need to choose what to wear.

Well done that's a really good result!!! Back on it today?! Xx

Well done that's a really good result!!! Back on it today?! Xx

Yes back with bells & whistles. Sticking to the 5g rule and food-logging but not calorie counting as I feel starving at the moment - think it's the weather.

Am away this weekend so will have a minor detour from the pills then. Why does everyday life get in the way of my food focus?

Found M&S Count on Us crisps yesterday 2.6g/100g of fat so think I might get some for Christmas time in case I want a snack when everyone else has crisps & nibbles.

I know I think there should be a bubble we could all go to to loose weight away from life then come back once were done would be so much easier!

Maybe we should invent it lol!! Xxx

Has Lexie seen those crisps? :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't tell me cos I am sure if I eat a days worth of calories & fat allowance in them they wouldn't be so good lol

Am sitting on the M40 in the tailback from an accident. I feel sorry for those involved & hope no one is seriously hurt but would quite like to get going again. There isn't enough cover to go to the loo on the verge (yet).

Have been on my feet all day at an event and enjoyed myself a bit much on the buffet with smoked salmon sandwiches but luckily had stopped the Xen for this weekend so fingers crossed I don't get a visit from Mr Tango to compound my crossed legs. Am on my way to stay with friends and we're meant to be going out for a curry-missing that won't do me any harm.

Back from WI at the Dr, have lost 5kg in the last 4 weeks on her scales - better result than on mine (I'll stick with my scales for here as hers aren't as accurate as we've proven before). She was really pleased with me and I told her I'd only had one proper week on Xen since I was last there and as I was still showing a loss she was happy with that.

17cm off my waist now and I'm definitely finding some clothes too big.

2 Christmas dinners and the wedding down, 5 Christmas dinners to go before the proper one...

Fantastic result x

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos

Christmas lunch today, great food but I found the whole thing too rich. It's amazing how the taste buds change with time.

I'm also wearing the same dress/leggings/boots combo for all my Christmas parties as I've lost the weight to get into the dress and by next year I'm intending it to be too big!

You too!! Let's keep it up in the upcoming year :) xx

The 2012 goal thread has got me thinking. When I started losing weight in July I didn't want to set a target as it seemed such a long way to go. With 3 stone lost I'm starting to think about the next 3 stone and have decided to have a long term target - 80kg. This is the weight I was when I had an operation at 17, I was overweight and a size 16-18.

My practical target has been to be a size 18 on the high street i.e. to be able to try something on in any store not just in the 2-3 that cater for the 'larger' woman so the two goals tie in together.

I'm not going to kill myself to make the weight and I don't intend to fixate on it I'm nearly one third of the way there from starting and it would be great but whether it will be reasonable we'll wait and see. To get into the 'ok' BMI category I'd have to weigh under 70kg and I can't see that happening.

Now I've just got to work out my targets for 2012 broken down into manageable pieces.

The targets I've set:

- To lose a stone a quarter through 2012 - not a huge amount but I think the weight loss will slow with time and it's still another 4 stone, if it's more that would be great.
- To increase (or just do) exercise
- To take a break/weekend away/holiday from my all-consuming business every quarter.
- To cook more and to try new dishes when the opportunity comes.

Having some time for me would be a good start and I'm sure will help with the weight loss.

Sound good hon! I'm so with you on the shopping thing. I'm finally able to shop in Asda again & not just yours, evans & new look!! Only about 1/2 stone from sainsburys I reckon too & ours has an amazing clothing dept!

Back