A one way ticket to slimsville.

Mrsb2b2012

I'm a week in and I need to log my progress and feelings to see this long journey through to the end. Maybe I'll help someone else on their journey?

Hellooooo!!
I'm Chrissy, 35 years old, Police officer and a new mummy!
I've been here before, a couple of times in fact!!.......at the start of a weight loss journey.
I am determined this is the last time.;)
I was always a chubby kid but fit and sporty. I left home at 17 and didn't know how to take care of myself so millions of takeaways and 2 years later I was around 17stones.
I found WW's and lost all the weight. Got down to around 10.5 stones (bit too scrawny if I am honest!).
I managed to maintain this for much of my twenties but after starting shift work and living through a painful break up I put it all back on plus 1.5 more.
In 2007 I was introduced to LL by a friend. I threw myself into it and got down to my goal weight of 12.5 stone. I thought that this would make me happy but I was at a point in my life where I was stuck in an unhappy relationship and I had no confidence. Losing all the weight didn't magically make me happy. Funny that!! Another life lesson learned!
The unhappy relationship drifted on and I had backed myself into a corner (we worked together and lived together). I just couldn't seem to gather muself up and make the break. I was now in my thirties and wondering if I would ever find, 'my one'! It was obvious to many that this relationship was wrong.
All my friends were settled/settling and having children and I was yearning for a child. My wanting a baby hormones were going mental!!!!
It was weird, I literally woke up one day and thought 'however much this is going to hurt the other person in the short term, I have to end it, for the sake of both of our future happiness'.
I bit the bullet and ended my unhappy, never-gonna-go-anywhere relationship and started again at 32.
The first few months were amazing, I felt FREEEEEE!!
Then the loneliness hit.....and the doubt......in your 30's everyone seems paired up! They've already been married, they have kids, it's much more complex and baggagey!
I was always out with friends, lots of meals lots of wine and when I went home alone I'd carry on snacking and having more of everything. I was so lonely and trying to fill that up with food.......and too much wine....hic! It was comforting and I lived alone so no one could tell me no.

2009 I met MY ONE!!!!!! I was (am) big but he loves me for who I am.

He is everything I could ever wish for in a partner and i am settled and happy for the first time in my adult life. We just had a baby girl and life is pretty perfect but I now need to give some attention to myself.
So why is it going to work this time when I've put it back on before?
Everything is different this time. I have a supportive, loving man. I feel loved and secure and happy. The void has been filled.
I also HAVE to do this for my health so that my daughter has a fit healthy mummy.

I have started exante at 20st 8lbs.

I have bought myself a one way ticket to slimsville, I'll see you all there!!

Last edited:
That's quite an inspiring story there! You're off to a fantastic start so good luck! xx

Well it's day 3 of my second week. Still feeling really positive, which I hope will continue and see me through any little wibbles!
Been invited out a couple of times with girls from work and have asked that it just be drinks not dinner and drinks. Most people seem happy with that as it lowers the cost! I don't think I could go to a meal and watch everyone eat drink and be merry with just a glass of water.

A couple of people that have done a VLCD have said that this diet is anti-social but I find that you just have to plan things differently.
When friends suggest meeting for lunch I just change it to coffee and a walk in the park. I've had a picnic where everone brings their own stuff, I've had a bar and a flask of coffee and felt totally included. If it's cold or raining I am going to suggest a trip to bluewater!
I sing in a choir and that doesn't involve food, so I'm still very social.

For this diet to work I have to change my way of thinking and my behaviour towards food, nights out, takeaways etc.
They are ALL still going to be there when I'm off plan. I don't want to go back to my old habits and pile it all back on again. I know how easy that is to do.
My couple of friends that have tried VLCD's and hated every second, complaining that it's anti-social and their life is on hold are just fighting themselves and making it a miserable miserable experience.

If I am going to succeed in the long run I think I have to make the best of every day, be positive and make social changes NOW that will help me once I am off plan and eating healthily. It doesn't always have to be a girls night out with a big chinese meal first, I can just attend the drinks afterwards or arrange something different myself.

I have a choice. I need to start making the right ones!!

Had a sneaky peek at the scales today and another pound gone so am 19st 9lb now. Yea!! :)

Hope you are all having a good day xx

Mrsb2b2012 said:
Well it's day 3 of my second week. Still feeling really positive, which I hope will continue and see me through any little wibbles!
Been invited out a couple of times with girls from work and have asked that it just be drinks not dinner and drinks. Most people seem happy with that as it lowers the cost! I don't think I could go to a meal and watch everyone eat drink and be merry with just a glass of water.

A couple of people that have done a VLCD have said that this diet is anti-social but I find that you just have to plan things differently.
When friends suggest meeting for lunch I just change it to coffee and a walk in the park. I've had a picnic where everone brings their own stuff, I've had a bar and a flask of coffee and felt totally included. If it's cold or raining I am going to suggest a trip to bluewater!
I sing in a choir and that doesn't involve food, so I'm still very social.

For this diet to work I have to change my way of thinking and my behaviour towards food, nights out, takeaways etc.
They are ALL still going to be there when I'm off plan. I don't want to go back to my old habits and pile it all back on again. I know how easy that is to do.
My couple of friends that have tried VLCD's and hated every second, complaining that it's anti-social and their life is on hold are just fighting themselves and making it a miserable miserable experience.

If I am going to succeed in the long run I think I have to make the best of every day, be positive and make social changes NOW that will help me once I am off plan and eating healthily. It doesn't always have to be a girls night out with a big chinese meal first, I can just attend the drinks afterwards or arrange something different myself.

I have a choice. I need to start making the right ones!!

Had a sneaky peek at the scales today and another pound gone so am 19st 9lb now. Yea!! :)

Hope you are all having a good day xx

You are totally right here! Food was pretty much very central in my socials but this diet has taught me to PLAN ahead so having fun is the main focus, not stuffing my face! You're doing great! Xx

hey Mrs :)

Thanks for your honest, and inspiration! Great start, and so positive. Keep up the great work :clap:

Onwards and downwards ladies (& gents)

You have so inspired me, my exante packs will be arriving tomorrow so will start on Saturday, your story sounds pretty similar to mine, I'm 31 my youngest is two on Sunday, have tried SW, WW and RC countless times with varied results, never actually reaching my goal though, decided to try something different, after Reading all the exante diaries on here I've decided this is the way to go, fingers crossed, good luck :)

Chrissy you should start a diary thread in the diary section, you could cut and paste this or ask starlight to move it :) I find my diary really helpful :)

Oh dear really should go lie down before I hurt myself :S
LMAO
Sorry *shame*

Well done on a great start to the diet :D Sounds like you are flying along :)

No idea why I thought this wasn't in the diary section, might go for a lie down :(

Yes! Really really happy with my week 1 loss. :):)
Am doing my jillian Michaels '30 day shred' DVD this week (couldn't face exercise last week!!). It's got three levels, I'm only on level one, which is 20 mins (HARD but bearable!)

Am hoping that this will boost weight loss on week 2 and still give me a biggish number of pounds lost to inspire me for week 3.

Oh dear really should go lie down before I hurt myself :S
LMAO
Sorry *shame*

Well done on a great start to the diet :D Sounds like you are flying along :)

No idea why I thought this wasn't in the diary section, might go for a lie down :(

I cant stop laughing...i keep having vacant moments too lol...:8855::8855::8855:

Mrs b you are going great guns...:):)

I read your diary and its brilliant that you have realised its time to do something for you and no one else..good luck huni xxxx

Last edited:
Mrsb2b2012 said:
Yes! Really really happy with my week 1 loss. :):)
Am doing my jillian Michaels '30 day shred' DVD this week (couldn't face exercise last week!!). It's got three levels, I'm only on level one, which is 20 mins (HARD but bearable!)

Am hoping that this will boost weight loss on week 2 and still give me a biggish number of pounds lost to inspire me for week 3.

Yes heard of that sounds brutal :S

valentine said:
I cant stop laughing...i keep having vacant moments too lol...:8855::8855::8855:

Mrs b you are going great guns...:):)

I read your diary and its brilliant that you have realised its time to do something for you and no one else..good luck huni xxxx

I know surely 28 is too young to be going senile :S

Bless my OH.
He's been doing WW for ages with limited success (he doesn't do it properly and I refuse to act like his mum and be his WW prefect monitor/fridge monitor/exercise nagger etc etc....but that is a whole other post!!)

Tonight he's come home with tubs of slimfast and tells me he has decided to do his own diet which sounds a bit like a slim-fasty version of WS. Shake for breakfast and lunch then small meal.

Think he may be a bit perturbed by my level of committment to TS!! :p

Back