• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

a q about syns

I am trying to limit my syns (holiday in 3weeks= supposed bikini bodylol) however I understand that we can use up to 15 syns per day but can we use say 5 one day 10 the next. I think what i am trying to say is can we save them up by not using them and use them in abundance at the weekend instead?
I hope this makes some kinda sense lol

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

time2bslim

Just doing it this time
Hi ya.

It's not recommended every week - and IF you are trying to lose as much weight as you can in 3 weeks - it would probably be better to stick as much as possible to the plan ie - 5 - 15 syns per day - although the recommendation is approx 10.

To lose as much as you can in 3 weeks it would be best to have 5'ish syns per day.

Although you can flexi syn - save as many syns in the week if you know there is a special occaison coming up - then say the big night out you have saved 40 syns in the week - you COUNT DOWN from 40 to use those syns on whatever you want - the non friendly SW buffet - maybe or alcohol. Counting down is better as counting up - you never seem to stop.

Hope this explains a few things for you.

Gilly

Hi ya.

It's not recommended every week - and IF you are trying to lose as much weight as you can in 3 weeks - it would probably be better to stick as much as possible to the plan ie - 5 - 15 syns per day - although the recommendation is approx 10.

To lose as much as you can in 3 weeks it would be best to have 5'ish syns per day.

Although you can flexi syn - save as many syns in the week if you know there is a special occaison coming up - then say the big night out you have saved 40 syns in the week - you COUNT DOWN from 40 to use those syns on whatever you want - the non friendly SW buffet - maybe or alcohol. Counting down is better as counting up - you never seem to stop.

Hope this explains a few things for you.

Gilly
Not trying to be funny, but this isn't what SW class as flexi-syns. Flexi-syns are when you know it's going to be difficult to keep within your daily syns, eg a meal, wedding, etc.

Beforehand you keep to SW as normal, including having your usual syns. For the particular day/event in question, you set an amount of syns you will keep to for this - more than the daily amount of 15. You then eat/drink to that amount, then the next day or whenever you get back on with SW as normal but not restricting your syns.

SW don't promise a loss - you might, but you could have a gain or could even manage a STS. It's more of a psychological strategy so you are fully aware that you are in complete control of what you're eating/drinking still because you've given yourself a larger syn allowance on this particular occasion, and helps to prevent a situation where you go over your syns and then think 'oh sod it' and binge and find it difficult to get back on plan quickly.

Hope this helps.

Limiting your syns will not necessarily mean you will have a better loss then if you have the max.

I always have my syns on a weekly basis as MiL comes round on a Saturday night with wine & chocs;).

Most weeks I will have 105 syns, I've managed to get to target doing that & I've stayed there since May:D

See what works for you best.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Syn Values 3
Slimming World 1
Ask MiniMins 2
Ask MiniMins 1
Syn Values 1