Red Days A serial EE user in need of a change

Laura_carlburgess

Gold Member
Hi everyone

As the total says I do EE Everyday. I want to try and mix it up a bit but I still can't get my head around the basics of a red or green days.... If anybody could help me by posting here a typical green day or red day I would be so grateful. ;-)

Thanks xxx

I do red and green days.... I have neber tried EE yet!

Red day

breakfast- Muller light, fiber plus bar (HE) & fruit

Snack - fruit

Lunch - Huge salad with meat or tuna, ryvita minis (HE), fruit

Snack fruit/ fish/ scrambled egg/ omlette/ meat etc

DInner - chicken stir fry/ egg & bacon with mushrooms and beans (HE)

Green day

Breakfast - muller light, fiber plus bar and fruit

Snack - fruit

Lunch - pasta salad/ salad/jacket potato and beans/ risotto

Snack - fruit / mugshot

Dinner- quorn lasanga (he cheese), pasta, quorn spag bol, risotto, SW chips and bacon and egg , Carbonara (HE cheese and Ham,)etc

Ok so I put some of my favs here, with as many options as came to mind at the moment, I love fruit, salad, stir fys and simple pasta dishes so mine isnt too excting. I find green days easier to do than red but Have been doing red days for the past two weeks as I wanted to up my protien intake due to alot of exercise and am having good losses.

I have tried to keep the meals sin free so they are simple ones

Hope this is helpful

If you have a nosey thru the food diaries it will give you more ideas, and also the what's for lunch/dinner/breakfast threads :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

determinator said:
hey :D I do red days and love them sooo much :D I have a link to my food diary in my signature just click on it and have a nosey at what sort of things I eat :) If you need any more help just shout :)

Aww thank you so much for ur reply will definitely have a nosey xx

katoof said:

Red day

Snack - fruit

Green day

Snack - fruit

Snack - fruit / mugshot

Dinner- quorn lasanga (he cheese), pasta, quorn spag bol, risotto, SW chips and bacon and egg , Carbonara (HE cheese and Ham,)etc

Ok so I put some of my favs here, with as many options as came to mind at the moment, I love fruit, salad, stir fys and simple pasta dishes so mine isnt too excting. I find green days easier to do than red but Have been doing red days for the past two weeks as I wanted to up my protien intake due to alot of exercise and am having good losses.

Hope this is helpful

Thank you for your reply.

Am I right in thinking the red day the HEA's are :

Fibre plus bar and ryvita minis for HEB
I can't figure out what your HEA is thou? And does that mean u can have two HEB and one HEA a day on red??

I think I would find green easier but want to give the red a good go so I am not always carb heavy all the time as my favs are spag Bol, lasagne, chilli and rice etc At the moment I am doing mostly super free foods or tonight were having stir fry so I am having 2/3 super food veg and 1/3 dried noodles then fruit for dessert x

Welshtigger said:
If you have a nosey thru the food diaries it will give you more ideas, and also the what's for lunch/dinner/breakfast threads :)

Thanks for the tip I will do. It's just all so over welming lol xx

No you can have 2 hEA and 2 HEB . I get confused what is A and b but in one group there is the ryvita minis, fiber plus, cheese milk etc, then the other section its potato, baked beans, rice, kidney beans etc. Should be listed in your book or im sure there will be a pg on here explaining.

Just had a look in my book to check as I never do red days and hexa's are
Milk, cheese or grab and go cheese.
B choices are cereals & crispbreads, cereal bars, cereal bars, vegetables, pulses & pasta.
You should choose once or twice from a section & twice from b section hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

leighxx said:
Just had a look in my book to check as I never do red days and hexa's are
Milk, cheese or grab and go cheese.
B choices are cereals & crispbreads, cereal bars, cereal bars, vegetables, pulses & pasta.
You should choose once or twice from a section & twice from b section hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

This is fantastic thanks for your help :) xx

katoof said:
No you can have 2 hEA and 2 HEB . I get confused what is A and b but in one group there is the ryvita minis, fiber plus, cheese milk etc, then the other section its potato, baked beans, rice, kidney beans etc. Should be listed in your book or im sure there will be a pg on here explaining.

Thanks :) your all being such a great help. Going to try and get my head around it this weekend and try and do a day on Monday. X

I did green for over three months and it did take me a few days to get used to red days!

Good luck

So as a guide I planned on doing a spag Bol tomorrow ready for tea Monday (as it's aerobics day and I usually bike there and back it's a long day and I don't get in until after 8.30pm) so need something ready prepped. Would this be a red of green day? It's the usual SW spag Bol recipe :

500g mince
500g passata
400g chopped tomatoes
1 large chopped onion
2 chopped red peppers
A large amount of chopped mushrooms
1 chopped courgette
3 cloves fresh garlic
Mixed herbs (oregano and basil)
1 red chilli - like a bit of a kick too me food
Splash of Worcester sauce
1 oxo spag Bol cube

Dinner will be the superspeed soup but come to think of it as typing i don't know if that's ok for a red day as it has kidney beans, mixed beans, green lentils, tin of beans and split red lentils in? But its for the superspeed metabolism kick start... If not I would have to do green day I suppose and would I then have to weigh out the Bol part? Or do I do a veggie version spag Bol?? Eeek so confusing *cry* :-( decisions decisions

Breakfast is one of the following suspects
28g porridge, omelette, boiled eggs and bread (2 400g slices) or could do just fruit and yogurt if I had too...although I usually have this as a midmorning snack.

Sorry to ramble on but hopefully one of you lovely ladies would be able to look at the above and see where the HEA and HEB's can fit in?? ;-) xx

Hi Laura,

That looks like such a fabulous EE day I would stick with that!

The bolognaise recipe is fab for either a EE day or Red BUT you would only be able to have 35g DRIED WM PASTA as a HEB.

I find Red & Green days are excellent when I just feel the need for an extra HEA or HEB ... like a sarnie for lunch when I've already had cereal for brekkie ... otherwise EE fits in well with the family.

HTH
x

So as a guide I planned on doing a spag Bol tomorrow ready for tea Monday (as it's aerobics day and I usually bike there and back it's a long day and I don't get in until after 8.30pm) so need something ready prepped. Would this be a red of green day? It's the usual SW spag Bol recipe :

500g mince
500g passata
400g chopped tomatoes
1 large chopped onion
2 chopped red peppers
A large amount of chopped mushrooms
1 chopped courgette
3 cloves fresh garlic
Mixed herbs (oregano and basil)
1 red chilli - like a bit of a kick too me food
Splash of Worcester sauce
1 oxo spag Bol cube

Dinner will be the superspeed soup but come to think of it as typing i don't know if that's ok for a red day as it has kidney beans, mixed beans, green lentils, tin of beans and split red lentils in? But its for the superspeed metabolism kick start... If not I would have to do green day I suppose and would I then have to weigh out the Bol part? Or do I do a veggie version spag Bol?? Eeek so confusing *cry* :-( decisions decisions

Breakfast is one of the following suspects
28g porridge, omelette, boiled eggs and bread (2 400g slices) or could do just fruit and yogurt if I had too...although I usually have this as a midmorning snack.

Sorry to ramble on but hopefully one of you lovely ladies would be able to look at the above and see where the HEA and HEB's can fit in?? ;-) xx

yeah this would be a red day bolognase but with only 35g of wholemeal pasta as your healthy extra B, or you could make it with quorn mince and make it a green day ?

speed soup isnt free in red , as beans arent superfree and not allowed on red I am afraid .

None of those beans or lentils are free on red, only green.

You have 2 options - you either use the meat in the spag bol as a HEb (85g raw extra lean mince for a B) or you make it vegetarian. I suggest the second, as weighing 85g raw meat when you are cooking for a family in a meal which is bulked out is too much guesswork.

katoof said:

Red day

Snack - fruit

Green day

Snack - fruit

Snack - fruit / mugshot

Hope this is helpful

Just had a read and have noticed that on your red day you have had 3 HEB and no HEA! you'll have to syn one of the B choices :)

chocolateworm said:
I think she was just giving examples of what you could eat, rather than a days meal plan :)

Even so, if she's showing someone who doesn't understand green and original(which is what the OP asked)then this needs to be clarified!

Thank you all for your replies. so I have two pans on my stove... One with the slag Bol above the other with chopped red/White onion, courgettes, red pepper, mushroom, garlic,chilli,times toms,passata and mixed herbs/stock cubes

I am covering all basis so I can have a little think today about how to prepare for tomorrow if I do make tomorrow a green day.

So if I am, am I write in thinking I get 1/2 HEA and 2 HEB options to choose from? If so would anybody have some suggestions if I stuck to the green day with the veggie Bol for breakfast/dinner? Is the pasta free on a green day? X

Back