A sign that winter is approaching....

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
I have my little family of robin's back in my garden again, a sure sign that Winter is not far away, they are such beautiful little birds, and so nice to have around at Christmas time.

And I have a little family of field mice making their home with us again for the second year, they take the straw from my chicken's pen and make their home at the side of the greenhouse where it will be sheltered from the weather- I put some food out for them every day, but DH says if they start to bring all their relatives they can find another home, spoilsport, LOL......

Oh how lovely! I can't look at a robin without smiling. They're quite territorial and fight like mad! We have one that hops round our feet when we're gardening.
Our woodpecker is back now we've put the peanuts out.
Field mice are cute. We have hares in the fields round us, their ears are enormous!

We have a field of Pheasants just down the lane from us and they come walking up the drive most days, we feed them and they keep coming back, they are gorgeous....it is such a shame that they are bred for killing, I could never buy one let alone cook and eat one.

Back