A Syn is basically (calories / 20)

slimming

Hi All!

Love this forum, been reading it for the last two weeks but thought i'd join today to ask how many syns are in a starbucks hot chocolate. (33!!! I wish i never had it :( )

And i've just spotted that basiclly a syn is just the calories in somthing devided by 20. It dosnt work for everything. But most. And its a better guide then going on my iphone and searching google like i have been doing :)

I'm 2 weeks in now. Lost 9.5lbs. Which is AMAZING! most i've lost in over 2 years. BUT this hot chocolate has really made me feel like i could come off it.

Love this site! Talk to you all again soon :p

Don't come off it!

Just make a mental note about the hot choc and carry on. You are doing so well!

Is the choc really that much?? Sounds pretty syn hefty.

Call it a flexi lol, or count it in your syns and make sure you keep your syns in order :)

Don't give up hun. I've done similar things myself (many times!!!). Just forget about it and move on. You now know not to go for that drink next time though!!! LOL!!!

Hi All!

Love this forum, been reading it for the last two weeks but thought i'd join today to ask how many syns are in a starbucks hot chocolate. (33!!! I wish i never had it :( )

And i've just spotted that basiclly a syn is just the calories in somthing devided by 20. It dosnt work for everything. But most. And its a better guide then going on my iphone and searching google like i have been doing :)

I'm 2 weeks in now. Lost 9.5lbs. Which is AMAZING! most i've lost in over 2 years. BUT this hot chocolate has really made me feel like i could come off it.

Love this site! Talk to you all again soon :p

Awww don't come off it - look at how much weight you have lost in such a short space of time. SW still allows us our treats - that's why we have syns! Draw a line under it and move on - you can do it! :D

Don't come off it hun, this is just a bit of a blip and if you come of it it will be a MAJOR blip, you can get over this and stay losing weight but if you come off it you will gain it all back and more and more importantly you will feel so bad with yourself. You can do it love, have faith. xxx

maybe have one of these next time you feel the need for a hot chocolate this one is 20 syns......signature hot chocolate with whipped cream, skimmed milk 1 tall ffrom starbucks

The best thing I find is to not break my syns into days. I call them 70 a week. I then simply deduct asI use. So, if I use 20 in one day, it is not 2 days syns, just 20 off my 70 lol

Don't forget you can deduct 6 syns if you're using the milk as HEX A or even 12 syns if you use both your HEX A's for milk.

Don't give up - it's only one minor mistake and you'll know for next time! It's really not worth giving up over 1 hot chocolate! If you stick with the plan the rest of the week then I'm sure you'll still lose - if you give up now then you'll undo all your hard work.

Sorry for not being on here for awhile -- i'm still using the "Search" to find syns lol.

I've lost over 2stone now. whoowhoo!!!

Thankyou :)

(p.s - i just did a new post in the forum, and it hasnt shown up, does it take time, or has it gone wrong???)

Hi I think sm is great I had a heat problem and had to have steroids when I got better I weihhed about 14stones now after being with sm for under a year I weigh 9stones and an very happy xx

Back