A welcome to all our new members in 2012!

Hi Guys!!

I just joined Minimins yesterday! 2012 is here and i'm on a mission to lose the last couple of pounds attached to my belly!
I lost two stones in the last 2 years, and now I need to lose another 2-3 stones, but a lot quicker as my sister is getting married in July and I want to be looking my best for it!! Currently i'm at 186 and I want to get down to at the most, 154. So I need to lose just over 2 stone to reach my goal!

It would be great to meet a bunch of people to motivate me as that's definitely my downfall. I recently moved to a completely different city, living on my own, with no friends living locally, keeping myself motivated is the hardest thing to do!

Fingers crossed and will keep everyone posted!!

Good Luck to everyone else on here!!

MissP

hi again i posted a few days ago thought i would write an update had my 1st weigh in and lost 5 lbs! i am soo pleased due my next weigh in on monday hope your all doing well too :)

hi missp im looking to lose 56lbs+ depending how i feel and look when i get there :) what plan are you following im on WW pro points and i must say im getting on really well with it and cant believe how much i can actually eat and lose weight??? i was extreamly surprised at my 5lb weight loss in the first week ( i have a medical condition which makes it almost impossible to lose weight so i was over the moon) good luck and wish you well for your journey if you believe in yourself you will reach your goal i have aimed for aug for mine but in a real world taking it easier maybe i should aim for xmas

I'm actually not following any specific diet. Cant afford to go on Weight Watchers or Slimming World or anything like that!! My plan is simply to eat healthy and exercise.
Currently I only eat carbs in the morning, in the form of Burgen toast and an Activia, then for lunch I generally have a chicken salad or some fish and veggies, and then for dinner I have scrambled eggs with turkey and salad! with snacks in between like fruit, nuts, berries.
I have just ordered Zumba DVD, so doing that everyday plus some strength training, Im hoping I can shift some serious pounds!! I generally eat quite healthy, so im not sure why im struggling to loose the weight!

I have considered doing the special K diet for 2 weeks just to see how it goes.. but im in two minds!

Hi all, I'm Naomi and I live just outside Manchester. I have joined up today to hopefully get some kinda motivation to lose my weight I have been fighting with for the last few years. I have started on the slimming world diet again this week and hopefully I am going to stick to it this time with the extra easy plan looking as easy as it sounds! I am being a bridesmaid for my friend in July so need to lose around 2-3 stone before then and anything else after that will be brilliant!
Good luck everyone with your weight loss!

Hi, am new found this site before joining SW last Tuesday, 1st weigh in tomorrow (feeling bit down as havent lost any, weighed myself at the weekend (naughty I know)). Been following the plan so hoping my consultant can put me right. Good luck to everyone on their 2012 weight loss journey x

hi im erica, from aberdare south wales, i joined last week, site recommended by a mate, nice site. hoping to lose loads of weight cause i would like to start a family next year.

Last edited:
Hi all my name is amy start of my 2nd week on cambridge but moving over to slim and save next week looking for diet buddies as my husband is a bottomless pit but dont gain he eats i put weight on lol xx

hi everyone im rhi and still trying to figure out my way around the minimins site,i am starting my weight loss journey for the millionth time but determind this time as i am desperate to start a family!!
there r lots of inspirational stories on here an gives me lots of hope that i can tell one of those stories at some point ;0

so hi everyone x

hello i'm amy, i've been doing SW from home for a few weeks now, lost around 8-10lbs (i don't properly weigh myself as i get a bit obsessed with it if i do and that's not healthy!) and keep stumbling across minimins when i'm looking for inspiration so thought it was about time i joined! i'm 22 and a student and determined to slim down by May time :)

Hi all, I am Alima and I have just joined the site today. Over the past 2 months I have been on an exercise regime. Over the past 4weeks I have started to work out every day (cardio). I am really toned now which I love, however the pounds are not shifting as fast as it should if I were 100% committed to the diet part.

I am currently a size 16 bottoms, 12 tops and dresses 14 at 5’6 (I am of African descent so big hips and bum). I am not too fussed about weight as we are all shaped differently, but I would ideally like to be around a size 8/10 top and 12bottoms. This should be around 3st!

I will weigh myself tomorrow to see where I am. :D

AK_90 said:
Hi all, I am Alima and I have just joined the site today. Over the past 2 months I have been on an exercise regime. Over the past 4weeks I have started to work out every day (cardio). I am really toned now which I love, however the pounds are not shifting as fast as it should if I were 100% committed to the diet part.

I am currently a size 16 bottoms, 12 tops and dresses 14 at 5’6 (I am of African descent so big hips and bum). I am not too fussed about weight as we are all shaped differently, but I would ideally like to be around a size 8/10 top and 12bottoms. This should be around 3st!

I will weigh myself tomorrow to see where I am. :D

Well done to you for being so commited to the exercise plan!
I'm the other way, I find it relatively easy to stick to a healthy eating plan, but lack the motivation to work out or if I do, find it hard to keep it up! I know it works but its great to hear of someone seeing the change before their eyes and helps remind me that it does work if you commit to it. Thanks for the inspiration! X

A quick hello - want to lose 4 stone by the Summer and generally fitten up and tone up. My Davina DVD arrived today and it will make it out of the wrapper (promise!) Going to be doing high protein/low carb as it's helped me drop a few lbs in the past. And I love cheese!

Hello - I'm new!

Hello I'm Patsy, I stumbled across this website while looking for support from those on the Dukan diet - looks like a fantastic site. This is my first real attempt at losing weight and I'm determined to stick at it. I'm on day 3 of the attack phase of this diet, so far so good. I'd like to lose 4st I miss chocolate already though!!!
I'm a full time mum to two toddlers and trying to stop eating their left overs and treats will be tough - but I'm hoping to get lots of support and encouragement from this site.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi
Have signed up today,started Cambridge Diet 11 days ago finding it hard going at moment not so much the meal replacements thing but the mental thing,not really explaining well hope someone somewhere understands what I mean!!!! by the way I am 49 and doing this for health reasons after a scarce before xmas

Hi
Have signed up today,started Cambridge Diet 11 days ago finding it hard going at moment not so much the meal replacements thing but the mental thing,not really explaining well hope someone somewhere understands what I mean!!!! by the way I am 49 and doing this for health reasons after a scarce before xmas

Welcome maydayqueen:welcome2:

Well done on getting to day 11...it is a tough diet but well worth it. As time goes on it will become easier.

If you click on the link below it will take you to the CD forum and you can say hello there.

It might help to start a diary as it can keep you focused and it gives other members a place to drop by and say hello.

Cambridge Diet Forum - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

How did you do on your weigh in?

Hello I'm Patsy, I stumbled across this website while looking for support from those on the Dukan diet - looks like a fantastic site. This is my first real attempt at losing weight and I'm determined to stick at it. I'm on day 3 of the attack phase of this diet, so far so good. I'd like to lose 4st I miss chocolate already though!!!
I'm a full time mum to two toddlers and trying to stop eating their left overs and treats will be tough - but I'm hoping to get lots of support and encouragement from this site.

Good luck to everyone!

Welcome Patsy:welcome2:

Well done on getting to day 3!

If you click on the link below it will take you to the Dukan forum and if you read the first post on the thread you will find loads of information.

http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diet/225396-dukan-faq.html

Be sure to start a thread there and say hello:)

If you need any help please ask:)

So begins 'The Year of Emma'....

Hi Everyone! I'm Emma, 24yrs old. Having always struggles with my weight and my love of food, I have decided this is the year I do something about it.
My (perfect) job involves travelling the country and staying in hotels while I install the computer system and train the staff, which is fantastic fun and very rewarding but is hard on the waist line. Limited choice of restaurant food and sitting hunced over a PC all day has taken its toll (6 months since I started and I have gained a dress size). I have started to make an honest effort going to the gym every night and choosing the healthiest option, but I need to see results or I will be bored soon.
After much deliberation I have decide to try the Cambrige Diet to 'kick start' my weight loss, and leave me with a smaller appetite.
My first appointment is Saturday (21st Jan 2012), we shall see how it goes.....

Back