Abbies Diary - Now Mummy To Gorgeous Baby Ethan

Thanks ladies :D Lovely comments. :)

Well, things are OK, not much to report to be honest.
Only thing thats different is I'm more arsey than usual, thank you hormones and I seem to have gone off chillies and am dying to get chicken. I'm very specific about it though. I want the fillets that I can cut up and dice and then just fry. Haven't thought about what I'd have with it, I'm just proper salivating at the thought of chicken in general lol.

lol at the chicken craving.. nightmare cravings! lol
Glad you're doing well and congrats on a blue bump! Lovely name!!

Thanks Purple! :D. how are you and Catrin getting on? :D xxx

OMG I've been craving chicken too! I even sent OH out at 10.45 the other night to get me a Mcchicken sandwich (ugh!) Freezer is now stocked with chicken breasts, chicken dippers, popcorn chicken, whole chicken..... I've had chicken every day since Friday and we're going nando's for tea tonight LMAO

Woooo 25 weeks today and have to say I'm gobsmacked at how fast time is flying! Another 15 weeks til my due date! :D yay xxx

HELP!!! :(:(:( How do I make these horrible moods go away?? I'm pushing people away and I don't know what to do!!
I've had people deleting me off facebook because my moods are so bad I bring it onto facebook and slag everything off left right and centre. I don't mean to, I've even publicly apologised but I now feel even worse because obviously I'm that bad I've got people deleting me. It's such a horrible feeling because I'm not a bad person, I'm obviously just one of those women who just has avoided every other pregnancy symptom and have been left with really foul moods and temper. :(:(:(

Help???

xxx

Nah, still here! Mind on overload lol

Hows you hunni and little Sienna? xxx

Is it normal for the baby to have quiet days and not move tons? I use the doppler and heartbeat is fine, but I'm all worried that I'm not feeling Ethan move a lot like I used to.

Little miss does this to, usually after a couple of days of her being really active she'll be really lazy. Have you tried all the usual tricks to get him to move? Cold drinks, chocolate, prodding your belly etc? Don't forget he has less room to move now too so although you'll feel his movements stronger they might be less often IYSWIM?

I've eaten chocolate, had cold drinks, prodded my belly but he seems to be stubborn to it all. It's definitely his heartbeat when I check with the doppler, so I'm not getting it wrong, but yet it still freaks me out when I don't feel him move as much. He was proper active a few days ago and is just so quiet the past couple of days. :( Got my appointment with consultant on Thursday and not sure whether to call hospital or not before then, don't want to be wasting their time but I'm just getting worried. :(

It's worth a phone call for your peace of mind hun x

Well..I phoned up and explained my worries and got asked to go to the Labour Ward to get checked out to make sure things are OK.
The babys heartbeat is fine and I had a mini ultrasound and he seems to making little movements but for some reason, I can't feel them. I've been told that if I don't feel anything by 10am tomorrow, then I'm to call up the Day Assessment Unit to book an appointment to go see them.
I've also been told that because I'm a bigger woman and the fact that it's quite difficult to feel the baby and my womb when pressing on my tummy, that I'll have to have 3 extra scans to make sure the baby is growing OK. So on the bright side, I'll be able to see the baby again and how he's developing.
So, I'm just willing him to move now. If he moves, then I don't need to go to DAU, I can wait til my appointment on Thursday with the consultant.
Hope he's OK, but as far as they can tell at the moment, heartbeat is strong, he's moving a little but for some reason I can't feel it. Maybe he's just lodged really far back or something??

I didn't go to the DAU because I think I've been feeling something. Little kicks here and there, they are quite low down so he must be positioned to the back of me. He is head down according to the doctor who scanned me, so his legs must be towards the back of me. I hope he moves so I can feel him properly again, it feels weird.
But hey, small movements are better than no movements right?? That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

Glad everythings ok. Jessica had quiet times, and when she was born she only wakened when i felt her in my tummy lol

I spent the last few weeks up at the dbu and they werent happy that she didnt move around much. A few times they gave me chocolate and that always got her going!

The moods. I didnt really have that. lol im a moody cow when not pregnant... lol no i wasnt to bad. i always take my moods out on oh anyway, never anyone else. maybe speak to ur mw....

oh honey. sorry you've been feeling so moody :( it's awful when you feel that way and can't stop yourself but it does happen. i'm sure it will sort itself out.

glad that you got your mind settled about low movement. Think i commented on your thread on another forum. hugs xx

Hi Ab,

So sorry i missed all this hunni - not been on much lately...

dont worry about the moods, i have been a right cow to people - mostly mum and dad and hubby lol all the people i "can get away with" being horrible to and that i really shoul;dnt have been...

i just realised that as soon as i recognised hormones raging to appologise and no hard feeligns etc...

people on facebook can be immature and delete u - its their loss and if they cant recogise your emotional vulnerability then sod them...

about Ethan being quiet, my LO is a bugger for it!

Even now - i can go 8 hours with no movements, then spend 5 hours through the night being kicked to death... if you notice on facebook i am usually up around 3am to about 7am while baby does the can can...

try not to worry, a stressed mummy causes a quiet baby!

lots of love hugs and wriggly baby vibes your way xxxxxx

Wow! Cannot believe I'm 27 weeks as of tomorrow and what with the extra appointments coming up and the growth scans, time is surely going to fly by now. It's really scary to think that I've gone through almost all of the pictures on my ticker, only 13 more to go! Eeeeekkkk!!
It certainly feels so much more real now, especially now Lauren has had Alyssia, just because it shows how quickly time passes and Lauren seemed pregnant forever lol, I love how she had little Alyssia on her due date. If you're reading this Lauren, I don't mean to be talking ABOUT you lol! :D
Today was great, I laid my phone on my belly and Ethan was kicking about and the phone was moving, was sooo cool!
He's definitely moving around a lot more now and it's such a great feeling, except for earlier on when I was out in town and he booted me with such force in my bladder, I felt 2 sensations. 1) That I needed to pee really badly and 2) That he'd somehow kicked his way out of me lol!
I have my 28 week scan next Thursday so looking forward to seeing him again and seeing how much bigger he's gotten.
I'm getting heartburn a little more often now but I have a big bottle of Gaviscon and that helps. :)

Hope you're all well ladies xxx

it's scary how fast the time is going by isn't it abbie? i can't believe i'm nearly 27 weeks. but at the same time it feels like i've been pregnant forever!! ha. do you feel like it's been much longer than 27 weeks? still. that is a long time :)

abz xx

lol Abz, sometimes it feels like it's been forever but then having said that, I've been exceptionally lucky to have avoided the sickness and everything else, so it's been quite a breeze for me really. My best friend on the other hand is almost 10 weeks pregnant and is suffering really bad with sickness so she's feeling like she's in a poo storm until the last 3 months. When she was pregnant with her daughter, she was sick until the last 3 months bless her and she's going exactly the same way.
It's only now that I think, wow, I've still got another 3 months to go! And now I've started to get achy hips when I sleep because of the pressure, I'm like...oh no. lol!
Ethan moves around lots now and it's such a lovely feeling. :)
I think time will certainly pass quite quickly now because of the amount of appointments coming up, they'll get more frequent. :D

xxx

here's hoping. although last time i went to the mw my usual one had left and i got a new one. and everything i mentioned she referred to my weight and attributed it to conditions like pre-eclampsia which scared the life out of me, saying i was higher risk for getting it because i was overweight... but since i was under all the risk cut offs i'm classed as low risk and my last midwife said i would have no extra problems due to my weight. so i don't like this new midwife. i came out of there in a blind panic. over the course of the appointment she mentioned my baby might end up too big, too small, i might get diabetes, pre-eclampsia. at no point did she check my iron levels or blood sugar when i said i was getting dizzy. just said it was an early sign of p-e and i should go to the hospital if it happened again and then said she had to move me on because she was running late. so she cut my appointment short...

not sure i want more frequent appointments with her... :(

Back