Abbies Diary - Now Mummy To Gorgeous Baby Ethan

oh abbie. i hope you are feeling better this morning. i think feeling sick is worse than actually being sick. at least when you are sick you have a chance of feeling better. i just try not to fight it now, ha. but then i've had a lot of practice :D

hope it's all out of your system. and your weight gain is fantastic!! i don't think i've gained that much in my pregnancy, but i gained a stone in the month running up to my wedding (bit backwards) probably about another stone with the wedding, honeymoon, and never getting back on track in the month after our wedding, and then about a stone since getting preggers... am hoping somehow the baby will take loads of it with it, ha.

abz xx

Feeling sick again today :( Booooo! I think my pregnancy has gone back to front. Morning sickness at the end. How the hell does that work?

How was your weekend Abz? xx

not bad. busy on saturday, watching supernatural all day sunday, ha.

do you eat little and often hon? i tend to find eating little and often really helps me with feeling sick. and bread really helps me... unfortunately this means that my carb intake has been gargantuan!! ha.

abz xx

Sorry you're feeling ill, there's loads of tummy bugs about at the min so just make sure you stay well hydrated hun. Feel better soon x

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! My ticker has changed already! It always does it an hour early but omg it's changed to the 30's!! Yay! Last few weeks. :D

Bye bye 20's and helloooooo 30's! :D

Eek does it feel scary now you say 30 instead of 20? 10 weeks is going to go soooo quickly! :D

It does feel really odd how when you hit 30 weeks, it suddenly seems to just be like omg! Oh and now I'm 30+1, I have 9 weeks and 6 days left and that is just even stranger lol! :D I'm now in single digits!

So I've been sat today thinking about when I need to start getting my act together with regards to my hospital bag and Ethans changing bag and the washing of all the clothes etc and I haven't a clue where to start.

First off, what the hell goes into a hospital bag. I have rough idea, maternity pads, nipple pads, nappies, outfit for the baby, muslin cloths, formula, bottles in case he isn't able to latch on etc.
When does this get packed? Is it too soon to do it now?
What goes in the changing bag?
When can I start washing all his clothes and stuff? I just feel like I'm in some kind of limbo and I want to be organised when he gets here because I know it'll put me into shock going from doing sweet FA to running round like a headless chicken.

OK...realistically, I could go anytime between 37-42 weeks, so should I maybe get things done from 35 weeks or can I do bits now?
When do I get the bottles out and everything set up?

So many questions, I don't know where to start with everything and I want to be organised, not just because it's better to do that but because I need to occupy myself.
It's really ridiculous I know my due date down to the weeks and the days. I have it on some serious countdown lol!

Any advice ladies?

xxx

Did you make a list of what to put in your bag? I'd be interested in seeing it ;) I've been buying bits and bobs and just shoving them in a little suitcase but need to make a list of things I actually need and think about organising it properly at some point. I'm not in any rush though lol x

I was thinking of doing the changing bag and my maternity bag separately, purely for the reason that if I've got the changing bag full of the stuff I'm going to need for when I'm out and about with the baby, nappies and stuff can go in there.
Clothes, pads, shower gel etc, can go in my maternity bag!
I don't know if that's a good idea??

I bought a pair of PJ's from Tesco the other day, but I'm having second thoughts about wearing them now because they're light and if I'm bleeding heavily after giving birth, I'll be worried about staining them, blood is a ***** to get out in the wash so I'll probably invest in some dark PJ's.

So far, in my my sort of maternity bag, I have nipple pads, maternity pads and shower gel lol! Not much, but once I have my sure start grant through, I'm going shopping for all the bits I need that I haven't got. I'm getting it done sooner rather than later.

Oooo just noticed, I'm on that picture on my ticker where the baby looks like it's got a net over its head lol! Can't believe, I've almost come to the end of the ticker pictures. Scary.

Hope you're all well ladies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm rubbish at replying to all your threads so time to do some catching up and replying methinks. :D

xxx

OMG 8 WEEKS LEFT!!!

Thinking of starting on the RLT this week. I've read numerous good reports about it, so think I'll be popping to Holland and Barrett and stocking up on some. I know you have to build up the dosage gradually, so we'll see what happens.

7 weeks to go until my due date and I'm slowly running out of time to do things, but will start on things soon! :D

Feeling super tired nowadays, slept til gone 3pm yesterday afternoon. Insane.

I've also stocked up on RLT to start at 32 weeks but got a lecture when I bought it in Holland & Barrett about not starting it til I was 37 weeks. Obviously I smiled nicely and politely agreed with them ;)

But there are some women who have started from 32 weeks and that's been fine. I read that you start on 1 cup a day from 32-34 weeks, then 2 cups, from 34-36 weeks, 3 cups a day from 36-38 and then after that, 4 cups! So surely that's safe isn't it? lol!

I hate conflicting information grrrr!

That's what I'm planning on doing. My SiL's mum is a senior MW and told me to do this - she has 30 years experience so I trust her ;)

Yep Ali, that's correct. :D They've also got the Raspberry Leaf Tablets half price as well, but the lady in the shop said the tablets are a lot more powerful than the tea and advised to get the tablets towards the end of my pregnancy. So maybe from 38 weeks onwards it'd be OK?

How are you getting on Ali anyways? :) xx

I'd double check that - when I was looking at them in the shop the back of the packets stated each serving of the tea was 1gram, and the tablets were 400mg so the tea is actually more than twice the strength of the capsules.

I'm now getting myself into a ridiculous panic over the birth and the thought of all the pain I'm going to be in is freaking me out.

:(

Back