Abbie's Slim And Save Journey

I think you'll have a decent loss next week, even if you still have the veg. It takes a deficit of 3500 calories to lose 1lb of fat so I highly doubt you've lost nothing. Have you checked your measurements? Digital scales sound like a good idea, I love my new ones xx

What ones did you get? I don't want to get ones that are going to be inconsistent with the weight. That annoys me. I haven't checked my measurements to be honest. I should have done that when I got the tape measure and measurement sheet with my first order but didnt think to do it. Xxx

Oh yeah, yesterdays menu was
Choco cereal shake
Spag bol with mushrooms and green pepper
Spicy spag with mushrooms and green pepper
Choc truffa bar
Can of coke zero

Will get some kitchen scales too to make sure I'm not going over my veg allowance. I don't see how I can be when mushrooms barely weigh anything but we will see.

I got the weight watchers easy read precision scales because of the good reviews. I tried them in every room and got the exact same reading and you can use them on carpet too. They're about £18 I think. I also got some new salter kitchen scales that come with a bowl.

Hope you have a good day x

I was looking at those scales actually in Argos, I was going to get them but they didn't have them in stock in my local store, so I'll try again in a week or so, maybe they'll have them then.

Used my son's nan's mechanical kitchen scales to weigh out my veg to make sure I'm not going over my allowance and I actually make myself the same amount that I weighed out, so it's not the veg that's caused me to STS this week. Maybe it is one of those things but I just found myself over analyzing it all and trying to at least work out where I went wrong. Can't see anything that I've done that would have made me STS but hey ho, it's a new week, so onwards and downwards....hopefully.

Todays menu

Banana Shake
Chilli with Mushroom and Courgette
Cottage Pie with a side of Olives
Vanilla, Almond and Choc Bar
1 can of Coke Zero

Week 1 loss is brill. My friend lost over a stone in her first week, STS 2nd week, gained a pound 3rd week (TOTM) and lost a huge amount 4th week all while sticking to the food plan so do not be disheartened as it will all even out. xx

Hi Abbie, just been reading your diary. I'm on day 16 think we must be about the same? I lost almost 9 lbs on my 1st week and 1.25 on my 2nd. Like others have said maybe week 3 will be a better loss for us. How are you finding the diet so far?

I bought digital bathroom and kitchen scales today from Morrisons. Got a the kitchen ones for £10 (yeah, I was probably robbed, however, they seem to be accurate as I stuck my Olives on there earlier and they were just over 100g with the packaging.

I've yet to try the bathroom scales, so we'll see how it goes.

I think I may have found the culprit to my weight having stayed the same. I've been buying the Sainsburys basics Olives and it wasn't until I actually looked at the writing on the package that I saw that they're dressed in a bit of sunflower oil. I've one packet left so I'll have that tomorrow but I'll probably rinse the sunflower oil off and then not bother buying them anymore after that. I'll stick with fresh veg. So I think that might have been the problem, I don't know.

Today's menu
1 Chicken Breast - Not sure of measurement as didn't have scales then, I'm hoping it was 100g, if not, I'm not going to punish myself as it was just chicken breast.
200g Olives
Spag Bol
Choco Cereal Shake
Choc Truffa Bar
1 Can Coke Zero

Wow....that seems like a lot in writing even though it really wasn't much lol!

Week 1 loss is brill. My friend lost over a stone in her first week, STS 2nd week, gained a pound 3rd week (TOTM) and lost a huge amount 4th week all while sticking to the food plan so do not be disheartened as it will all even out. xx

Let's hope so hun as I want this weight to go lol! xxx

Hi Abbie, just been reading your diary. I'm on day 16 think we must be about the same? I lost almost 9 lbs on my 1st week and 1.25 on my 2nd. Like others have said maybe week 3 will be a better loss for us. How are you finding the diet so far?

Finding the diet great, it's so much better than Lipotrim. The choice of food, shakes and bar's are amazing. How are you getting on? :) xx

XxAbbiexX23 said:
I bought digital bathroom and kitchen scales today from Morrisons. Got a the kitchen ones for £10 (yeah, I was probably robbed, however, they seem to be accurate as I stuck my Olives on there earlier and they were just over 100g with the packaging.

I've yet to try the bathroom scales, so we'll see how it goes.

I think I may have found the culprit to my weight having stayed the same. I've been buying the Sainsburys basics Olives and it wasn't until I actually looked at the writing on the package that I saw that they're dressed in a bit of sunflower oil. I've one packet left so I'll have that tomorrow but I'll probably rinse the sunflower oil off and then not bother buying them anymore after that. I'll stick with fresh veg. So I think that might have been the problem, I don't know.

Today's menu
1 Chicken Breast - Not sure of measurement as didn't have scales then, I'm hoping it was 100g, if not, I'm not going to punish myself as it was just chicken breast.
200g Olives
Spag Bol
Choco Cereal Shake
Choc Truffa Bar
1 Can Coke Zero

Wow....that seems like a lot in writing even though it really wasn't much lol!

I was advised not to have to many olives, if I have than I only have about 8-10 as they do contain a high number of calories. Maybe reduce the amount, sprinkle a few over a salad ? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i agree Claire, 200g olives could be as much as 600 cals and a whopping 60g fat.

id avoid avoid avoid!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like the olives are defo the culprit, had no idea the calories were so high. How are you doing? xx
Hi all, hope you're all well!

I'm ok today thanks hun, went to visit a friend of my son's nan as it was her friends birthday today. So we went over to see them with some flowers and a card.
Met her Godson she has spoken about so much and his husband. They had their civil ceremony earlier this month and have just got back from a week in New York for their honeymoon. Her Godson was quite nice, but I found his husband quite....I don't know the right word....but basically he is someone who you can tell just doesn't have time or patience for children.
One of Ethan's favourite hobbies right now is to open and close doors, he doesn't even need toys right now as he loves opening and closing doors lol. So he was showing this particular hobby off. Godson's husband then piped up after Ethan had been playing with the door and me trying to make sure he didn't swing it into their 42" Plasma TV, "Ohhhh this is getting really annoying now, give him a tranquilizer or something." I was speechless. Ethan was a bit cranky anyway as it was nearing his bedtime so anytime I tried to stop the door swinging as far as he wanted it to go, he'd get all stroppy.
In the end, I decided to take him out to the car, get him settled in there and wait for his nan to come, but after 5 minutes, he was getting all antsy again so I had to call her to say we needed to get him back as he wasn't having anymore of it now.

I just couldn't believe it! The rudeness of it, there was no need for him to be like that! Ethan whacked me across the face at one point in a temper, but rather than hit him back which I refuse to do, my preference being that what's the point in telling him not to hit people if you're going to hit back, I prefer to talk to him and tell him off and hold his hand away. He said he'd have hit him if he was his child....well...he isn't his child so therefore won't be laying a hand on anyone.

Sorry....just had to get that off my chest. It just annoyed me. I was good though, I passed on a slice of birthday cake which looked scrummy if I'm honest, but I stuck to my guns and didn't eat any.

Todays menu

Banana Shake
Chilli with Green Pepper and Mushrooms
Cottage Pie with Mushrooms and Courgette
Praline Bar
Olives
1 Can Coke Zero

I've eaten more than my veg allowance today, to get rid of the veg that was starting to go a bit funny in the fridge, so by the time I'd cut the bits that weren't looking so good, off, it seemed better to use what was left up today before that went funny.

Ate the last pot of Olives and won't be buying anymore. In fact, I think I'm going to bypass veg altogether now. Just have the meals on their own. They are fine without adding things to them and I just want the maximum results.

I will still have my coke zero every night though, as it's just one can. That's going to be my treat so it's a good job I used up the rest of the veg I guess. Back to plain meals now :)

He sounds really rude! Well done on keeping your cool, I don't think I could have. Another well done for resisting the cake! You're doing fab xx

He sounds really rude! Well done on keeping your cool, I don't think I could have. Another well done for resisting the cake! You're doing fab xx

Thanks hun!

I dropped Ethan back to his dads yesterday so I came down to my boyfriends in the evening. We have only been together a month but we've never gone out and done anything as a couple, so last night we went to the pub for a couple of drinks. I drank sparkling water which I seem to be quite fond of now. It was nice to do something together and have a date of sorts. Usually we just sit indoors at his watching TV or playing Xbox so was nice to venture out together. We were like two teens on the way back, stopping every few paces for a snog or two. LOL! Was nice. Think he got the idea from this other couple we saw snogging haha!

Yesterdays menu
Choco Cereal Shake
Spag Bol
Spicy Spag
Choc Truffa Bar
1 Can Coke Zero

I have scrapped having veg in my meals, going to just have them on their own. Will see how I get on for a couple of weeks, might bring them back if I really really struggle without them, but I seem to be ok at the moment without them.

How are you all getting on ladies/gents?

xx

Hi all,

Not much to report from this end really. Am at my boyfriends til tomorrow, so while he is at work, I'm probs going to stick on a film or something.

Yesterdays menu

Banana Shake
Cottage Pie
Spag Bol
Praline Bar
1 Can of Coke Zero

I'm starting to slack a bit on the water so need to definitely try to start building that back up. I am really wanting a can of Tuna today so might let myself have that with one of my meals.

How are you all today? x

Hey hun how u doing? Xxx

Hiya Stef, I'm ok thanks, how about you?

Last night, I had Tuna with one of my meals, I know I should have had 3 packs plus the Tuna with some salad, but I had put it off and then decided last minute to just have the Tuna with my meal on my 4 packs. Greedy I know. Then my boyfriend was making a ham sandwich with the ham you buy at the deli counter that they slice for you and he was trimming the edges off which I couldn't understand as there were no fatty bits, it was just him being odd. So...I couldn't help myself, I had the little bits of ham that he'd trimmed off. I know I shouldn't have, but I hate food going to waste, especially decent food and it was only a small bit so I gave in. Naughty Abbie.

Today I'm wanting Tuna again but I'm forcing myself to just stick to the meals religiously and be good.

Yesterdays menu
Choco Cereal Shake
Chilli
Spag Bol with Tuna
Choc Truffa Bar
1 Can Coke Zero
a couple of small bits of the edge of the ham

Ooooo weigh in day tomorrow as well. Totally forgot, this week has flown by

Ahhh you will be fine hun! It's protien so not a bad thing :)
Omg WI day again already!? Is flys so quickly!!!
In good thanks hun :) lost 2lb this week on s&s refeed/ww so pretty happy with that! Gone 100% ww this week though so expecting a sts or gain for this weeks Wi!

Hope ur havin a good night xx

Awww sounds like you're doing brilliantly on WW! Well done on your loss this week.

My night is going OK, watching the soaps and just chilling out really. Will be having my son this weekend so looking forward to seeing him, I can't wait. Home from my boyfriends now too, so I feel a bit blah as not doing anything lol! Might go out for a drive later or something.

You up to much tonight? xx

Back