Abi's sleepless diary :D - introducing isobel :D

well of course i totally forgot to take it until now, ha. oops. ah well. still time to remember the other two for the day. i even keep them in my top dungarees pocket so they are RIGHT THERE and i still forget about them!!

abz xx

Congrats on reaching 24 weeks! :D Big milestone indeed!

Hope you are feeling better now.

Bummer they make you feel rubbish, but does sound like things are slightly better, get drinking the water to flush it out.

well i had those horrid pains again last night. thought they were braxton hicks when i had them a week ago but this time i don't think my tummy was tight so i'm unsure... but i did overdo it yesterday. OH has muscle spasms in his back and they have trapped his sciatic nerve so i was helping him up a lot and helping him up and down stairs. and i didn't drink enough yesterday. so i think it might be related to that. fingers crossed. bump is still nudging me today so i think she's ok. mw appointment tomorrow. i don't like being this nervy!! i feel like a wreck.

dizzy and sick again this morning. can't wait to see mw tomorrow and get blood pressure etc checked. this dizziness is getting me down!!

abz xx

They do say dehydration makes BH more intense so it could well be that. Make sure you're drinking plenty hun, specially as you're just getting over a UTI.
Good luck at the MW tomorrow, will be interested to see what she says about the dizziness coz I keep getting it too, there's been a couple of times when I've really thought I was going to faint! Feel better soon and don't forget to take it easy, let OH help himself up, he'll manage eventually, even if it takes 3 times longer than usual!

thanks hon :) he was managing fine today and wouldn't let me help :) so it's all good. when i went to the cash machine this morning i started seeing spots. it wasn't good. really thought i might go... but i was really hot so shed some layers and that seemed to help. but that was just after a short walk up something that doesn't really count as a hill to the corner shop. not good. probably less than a five minute walk from my house... what am i going to be like further on?

abz xx

That's what i keep thinking too :eek: Take it easy when you can x

hey guys. well last night i ended up going into hospital. i rang the midwife as i had a night of pains and then a day of reduced movement. was hoping she could say it all sounded normal but she told me to get myself to the hospital. so panic ensued. my friend picked me up and off we went from my work yesterday evening. all was fine :D

baby was hiding somewhere she said. she also said that because i was being sick and was low on energy that the baby would be. she'd be getting everything she needed but if i had no energy then she wouldn't and i had to nibble all day (oh god. as if i needed an excuse!!) she also examined my cervix (that wasn't comfortable) and all was fine there too :)

i had to laugh when her assistant appeared with this ENORMOUS torch. they certainly didn't want to leave anything to the imagination!! ha.

they were absolutely lovely, as was my friend who managed to calm me down my thoroughly distracting me (and grossing me out) talking about embarrassing bodies.

abz xx

So glad everything's OK with bubs :) It's scary when you expect them to tell you it's nothing and they tell you to go in hey? I remember when they told me to go in all I was bothered about was my hairy legs but I was shaking that much I just massacred them in my attempt at shaving them :rolleyes:

Hiya Abz, glad to hear you and bubs are OK hun! Hoping the dizzyness and the sickness have subsided and you're feeling a lot better.

What plans do you have for your weekend? Taking it easy I hope xxx

thanks everyone :) i did apologise for my hairy legs and the midwife laughed and asked if i'd like to compare with hers. ha.

am still feeling a wee bit dizzy at times but haven't felt like i was going to fall over for a few days now so hopefully if i keep nibbling regularly that will continue. am also eating bananas like they are going out of fashion in case i'm a wee bit anaemic.

all my hospital tests came back just fine, but that makes me wonder why on earth i would be having kidney pains if i don't still have a UTI? any ideas?

abz xx

oh my word. i crawled under a desk the other day to sort out some cabling. over the course of the afternoon my pelvis got more and more sore. by the time i got home in the evening i couldn't get up the stairs. i had to crawl with OH helping me :(

much better the next morning, and i'm taking it much easier, but by every evening i'm sore. not to the extent i was then though. have got the pregnancy chair at work which will hopefully help with back and pelvic support a bit. christ. it hurt so much!!

bump is obviously doing quite a bit of growing. she hasn't moved around too much the last couple of days but has given me the odd reassuring thump to let me know she's ok in there :)

abz xx

You make sure you're taking it easy hun!
I think they do go quieter when they're having a growth spurt, wimble certainly seems to anyway!

thanks vickie :D can't believe my thread had a visitor :) i keep forgetting to update it because nobody is ever here, ha.

i'm so tired. i get to go home in 15 mins. woohoo :D
and sleeep and sleeep.

little bump just gave me a few resounding kicks in the side before going off to sleep again. no doubt she'll wake up again just as i'm wanting to go to sleep :)

abz xx

I went all panicky around the same time as you last week hun, he's a bit quiet again but I'm not going to panic so much, I've used the doppler and he's OK, heartbeat is fine. I'm sure your little lady is fine :D

xxxxxxx

Hey Abz

You should definitely request a physio referral and see if you can get a support band, you may find it helps you.

When are you starting your maternity leave hun.

Back