Abi's sleepless diary :D - introducing isobel :D

Wooo yay for the pram hun! Bet you're excited. :D Are you keeping it in your house or following the superstition by keeping it at someone elses? :D xx

it's in our house. i was going to keep it in the car or something but got so excited i kind of forgot... ha.

anyways, we're already doing one superstition for OH's mum. It's a danish one. You can build the cot etc, but you can't put the sheets on until the baby is home. i figured one supersition would be enough :)

oh. forgot to say. finally dared to weigh myself in boots yesterday afternoon. i've gained 12lbs :( which would be a great pregnancy gain IF I HADN'T WEIGHED IN AT 16 STONE AT 11 WEEKS!! gah. after struggling so much to get rid of it!! and now i'm the heaviest i've ever been... even though i know i'm not really because of baby and water and blood etc. but i'm going to have one hell of a battle on my hands again when this baby gets here :( i was about three stone lighter in july :( before honeymoon and post-wedding binging hit. then carbs were the only thing to stop me throwing up. which would have been fine. but they still are!! so i'm still munching carbs like there's no tomorrow!! gah.

abz xx

Hi Abz ((hugs)) on the weight gain. Been there.. and am battling against the bulge left behind now.

Sadly it doesn't all go, so if you want to limit it then get yourself and gorgeous bump along to Slimming world, they're safe in pregnancy and after in Breast Feeding. ((Hugs))
As you know a few of us are on the post birth weight loss thread and losing now, so it can be done, but eating healthy will keep anymore weight off you and SW will help you lose some in honesty.
Wish I'd kicked my own butt into gear while pregnant but it's not easy I know.

Glad you are doing well and can't believe you're already at 27 weeks!! :D

ha. i can't believe it either. 28 on monday!!

i have been meaning to do slimming world right the way through, and have never quite made it to the starting point...

have loved doing slimming world in the past but used to get through it with a lot of fruit and veg, which now makes me really rather sick, so the thought of it isn't particularly appealing. i really may go for it afterwards though, and i am trying to be better for the last three months, not eat as much crap etc... so we'll see how we go :)

thanks hon :)

abz xx

Hey Abz... ur a brave girl standing on the scales and ur right all in all 12lbs is good. I think your right to worry about it after you've given birth, you have plenty of other things to think about already. Good luck with eating "better" but 12lbs is doing good. You've lost weight before and i am sure you will again :D

PH - your baby is soooo gorgeous, good luck with your weight watching :D

Oli x

12lbs isnt too bad they say on average a woman puts on around 16-26lbs i think so your doing pretty well. xx

ha. thanks guys. but i probably put on quite a bit between 0-11 weeks... and didn't know what i weighed, ha. ah well. i don't seem to have been so bad the last couple of days. still overloading on the carbs so i'm not sick but not particularly high calorie carbs. so that's something :)

saying that. am about to eat a cheese and cucumber sandwich for my breakfast :S

oooh delicious.... i really fancy a BLT from Pret, i love that mayo from there :p:p

You can shift the weight you gain easily once you've had your LO, just enjoy being pg :D

Do carbs stop you from feeling sick? have you had any cravings? xx

carbs are the only thing that stops me feeling (and being) sick. although i'm not sick every day at the moment. but feel sick at least a couple of times and have to work out whether it's a 'real' feeling sick or not, ha. and it's usually when i've left it too long between carb nibbles... i still remember my midwife saying 'don't worry about it. your weight will level out when you stop feeling sick and can cut down the carbs'... except that never happened... ha.

cravings, well. i kind of have, but nothing that's lingered. i did have a serious thing for ice lollies at one point and still have the odd need on occasion. and i have suddenly needed donuts, ha. and tacos, but didn't get that one :( tried to replace it with something else but it didn't work. early on i ate a whole jar of green olives and punnets of tomatoes... but nothing particularly interesting i'm afraid. no interesting stories to tell on that score... who knows. still time :D

abz xx

tomatoes and olives!! ur letting the side down, haha, donuts are more like it! :D:D:D wonder if your craving taco's for the salt? I still think its utterly amazing we can grow a whole new person :princess:

Carbs are an essential food group (LOL!) and your using it for medical reasons, haha. You've got your whole life to worry about dieting, as long as your healthy and happy worry about it in summer.

Oli x

ha. i would love to do that, but i've worried about losing weight my entire life, nearly got there, then fallen at the last hurdle, although she's a good cause :D but the couple of stones between june and august weren't. that was wedding, honeymoon, never quite getting back on track, oh. pregnant. brill. weight gain. not so brill, ha. ah well. it will go. low carbing was working really well for me again before falling preggers but nobody seemed to be able to tell me if it was ok to do when pregnant (including the doc) so i stopped :) carb overload followed!! :D but then i've always been a carb addict.

abz xx

I'm a carb addict too.... i love all things carbs! so i feel your pain sista :D

Dieting is the bain of all our lives but lets hope when your LO arrives you can get back into your low carbing and get the weight loss moving again. You never know, i might be expecting then and you will be losing weight, lol, tables turned, haha.

:D:D

Not much, just had a shower between posts! gonna dry my hair. Seeing a few friends for coffee and then got some cleaning up to do. Ironing is calling, LOL!

What you up too? x

i am at work. but am a bit stuck. we have to log everything we do. they have introduced a new logging system and most of the things i do aren't included in it, which means i can't log anything until somebody gets here and tells me how i'm supposed to be logging things... so am just pootling about. reading some programming, yadda yadda :)

i love meeting friends for coffee. it's one of my favourite social activities. although i'm more on fizzy water these days... unless i'm feeling rebellious :D

nevermind, not long now till your finished work!! :D:D:D then you can log off!

Sparkling water - now that something i just can't abide! How ppl can drink tonic is beyond me :jelous: lol

Oli x

mm, i love tonic water too. but if you can't get the low cal one it's surprisingly sugary!! ha. learned that when low-carbing, ha.

6.5 hours to go and i'm outta here :)

oh. and my other cheese and cucumber sarnie is hitting the dust :D

Back