Abi's sleepless diary :D - introducing isobel :D

Hey Abz, how you doing. I'm sure your demented now that you are past your due date. Sending you loads of labour dust and hope it happens soon.

Hey Abz, hope you're not in too much pain and your LO doesn't keep you waiting too much longer!

thanks guys :)

i'm not going crazy actually. i think i was always expecting her to be late. still, the pelvic pain is driving me mad. so for that reason it would be fab if she'd hurry up, ha.

midwife is giving me a sweep on friday if she hasn't shown up by then so fingers crossed :)

oh really didn't want to go into work today as he has a horrible day booked in. it was a shame i didn't go into labour so he could stay off, ha. and so far i haven't gone into labour so he can leave work early either. poor guy :D

am just waiting until it isn't too early to make a cheese and tomato sandwich. i think i'm close to a reasonable sandwich hour now :)

abz xx

Hiya Abz, hoping you're well hun and that your sweep goes well on Friday, mine worked when I had mine last thursday, so I hope yours works as quick as that, but that you have a nice easy labour.
I just realised that your due date was Monday and I robbed it! Ooops!

How are you doing today?

xxx

hey guys. i'm fine... still here and waiting of course. it's thomas's sister's birthday today. the first 'ooh she might be born on my birthday' day come and gone. ha. dabnammit :D

abz xx

I feel for you! Both of mine were 2 weeks late.... This time I have added two weeks to my due date to avoid any disappointment, ha!

I am sure by now you have tried every trick in the book to start labour - I did, but it was only when I decided to stop trying to kick start things that things happened.

Have you got nice plans for the next few days to keep yourself entertained?

Lots of luck for the sweep tomorrow hunny, hope it works quickly x

well i had my sweep... or kinda. cervix is still high and facing backwards. so my body has done NOTHING it seems to start to get this baby out. looks like i'm in for the long haul. i was ready for the sweep not to work... wasn't ready for it not to be able to be done really... she did what she could but said that it was unlikely anything would come of it. am booked in for another sweep on tuesday.

want to cry. just want my baby :(

abz xx

Aww Abz *hug* hopefully your body'll wake up to it soon and things get moving quickly for you x

Awww how frustrating, you are well over now too :( Have you tried all the 'methods' to get yourself started, something may work for you, keep your spirits up ;) they should really take you in as they don't like you to go much past 40 + 14 which you will be by the time tues comes.

i won't be hon. my ticker has gone a bit crazy. i'm 40 + 4 at the mo, so it will be a week on monday.

To be honest I am a bit relieved that its just +4, was getting a bit concerned for you hun ;) I am sure baby will put in an appearance soon ;)

Hiya Abz hun, how are things?? xxx

still waiting... and waiting and waiting. hoping the sweep i am having at 4pm tomorrow will get things going!! i don't want to wait another week :( one week overdue is quite enough thanks :)

abz xx

Fingers crossed for you for tommorow ;)

I feel for you love, I was 40+15 with my daughter and ended up having a section as my body just didn't want to part!! I had 2 unsuccessful sweeps, my cervix was too high and then was booked in for an induction that didn't work either.

Anyway, enough of my 'horror' story, the reason I am posting is to say that it is definitely worth the wait and your baby will be here soon.

Good luck and I hope everything goes OK.

Theresa x

hey guys. very vigorous sweep today and i was far more favourable and 1-2cm already so that sounded promising. now have horrid backache but it isn't contractions as it's constant. getting the odd sharp period-type pain so hoping that will turn into something!! wish me luck and cross your fingers for me. hoping i don't just wake up in the morning with all the pains gone!! ha.

abz xx

Oooh sounds promising, will keep everything crossed for you that things start to progress for you, take care and keep us updated;)

Back